Riverboater's Fantasy

Ive just got the next great index idea - the NEGATIVE WEIGHTED INDEX!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you brought that up, the new RSP has been a great idea IMO. I was really hoping that they would have it also as a fund for Rydex account holders but was floated an as ETF since S&P was directly involved. From a long term capital gains perspective, this is actually a decent way to INVEST if one actually does that anymore these dayz.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I'm wrong on this I'm damn sure I'll hear about it tomorrow about this time.  My Tuesday scenario- today everything-virtually all indexes hit resistance and couldn't get thru-they rolled  back and are just sitting there, the dollar continues to crater (tons of news reports today about the arabs selling the buck big time)  Gold inching it's way up the ladder, the market is not just overbought, it's at extremes not seen in years, VIX and Vixn ditto.  I think tomorrow Greasepan cuts by 25 basis points-which will tell this steaming pile of dung  that their worst fears are confirmed, the dollar will continue to fall and AL has no answers other than to cut rates.  The sell off will start and after the close that idiot savant Chambers will as usual beat by two pennies but Cisco will take a mighty BIG charge for their pensions and then, and then everything hits the fan.  Look this market has fooled everyone even the great market timers save Prechter virtually everyone see's up, everyone is a bull except we diehards and not all of us-what a perfect setup for wave 3 down-yup I could be very wrong but I got this feeling just like the money putt on the 18th hole where you know, you just know it's goin in cause the cup looks as big as the Grand Canyon.  Trade Safe!

OK B4,

I'll publicly stick my neck out too. I've got my A$$ on the line and might as well chime in.

For those StoolTowners that try to follow market psychology and at least are mildly

familiar with the wave ideas of RN Elliot, what is happening right now is highly likely to be a

powerful Wave 2 psychology.

In fact, the more it pushes higher, the more I become convinced.

The extreme nature of the this wave 2 suggests we may see a relatively high degree

move to the downside after the exhaustion break.

A point of recognition is coming and the fear WILL ensue.

Liquidity - , Psychology - => Market Down

SEH

(Thanks to Piles, B4, Doc, TE, WH, MWH, BB & remaining bears for all the generous posts.

This rancher quietly stands in the back of the saloon listening to the stories late at night.)

Die-hards???

did u say.....DIEHARDS???

why, that'z a BATTERY ain't it?

Shurrre ya don't have us confuzed with the ENERGIZER BUNNY?

just curious...

oh. Today's paper reportz that AMZN's BOZO is so interested in outer space that he's forming a company to transport tourists there.

BARE finds this, given the personality? LOL involved, immensely funny. He's too tired to satarize it at the moment, butt it's enough to inspire him to resurrect his writers which got him a regular feature/column once over at Traders-Talk. HRFF gave it up. Too much pro bono work.

Jeff Bozo in outer space. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can't blame him, really, now, can you? After all ordinary mortals drove his stock to the stratosphere once on the hot air of mere mortals alone, fanned by Henry Bludgeon.

BARE, please consider your sources with a bit more care. Robert Fisk :blink: ? Probably the single most rabid anti-Bushie out there.

Why not quote Tom Oliphaunt at the Boston Globe? They've both been caught lying in their columns to support a flaming left wing agenda. Political debate is fun, but not when the other side has no credibility.

Regarding the market, I took profit on the long side today because ... well, I don't get to do it that often! Plus I think there's a crater dead ahead - which means clear sailing and blue skies!

Guest The CoinGuy

Short 'em High,

Always enjoy your posts, just thought I'd mention it. Would like to see you around more...

Doolar just went sub .96.

AnalD, Wanted to offer you a beer, and tell you to "just relax man", but I'm all outta beer. Howz about a...

post-7-1052210350_thumb.jpg

Can anyone explain the disconnect between the USD and the S&P which started around mid-April?

Until that time,if the USD went up then the S&P followed.If the dollar went south then the index also went south(albeit not a direct co-relation).

But since mid-April there seems to be a clear inverse relationship.

Could this be another derivative related thing?Whereby all the big players hedge the buck against the indices,because the relationship has always held in the past.And then when everybody is on the same side of the boat with huge positions,the boat rolls over and comes up on the other side (as it were)? Then the hedge starts working against majority-as it always must if the positions are large enough.

If this is the case,then I suspect that the current low level of volatility in the stock market is going to change rapidly- whether it's a melt-up or a melt-down,I have no idea.

The Doolar has come down alot over the past month yet no drop in equities. It is approaching some support. If it should bounce from near 95ish would it not help equities?

I am not trying to be argumentative. I want the market down as much as anyone but, It is not droping. I know about the distribution thoughts, In fact I agree with them but, hasn't that gone on long enough.

I see a move down but, I don't see THE big move down at this time.

Help me see the light.

The End,

seen from the point of view of a european the "real" rally so far has been the short and sharp "the war is finally starting" rally. Since than (more than a month ago already) the SPX has gone nowhere, the NDX has barely moved and the price of the 15 year bond is tanking. I see this as the price of bread going up not because of supply and demand but because the currency is being devalued.

Look at it this way, all the flow of dollars into equities since the beginning of the war has barely kept the "intrinsic value" of stocks (whatever that means) constant, nothing more nothing less.

If this "intrinsic value" stays constant a bounce of the dollar should push the indices down in dollar price, not up.

Brilliant Pico, thank you.

Archived