Mark To Market Memorial Forum

Doc,

Bought a couple of books yesterday. Now if I can only find the time to read them :lol:

K-wave,

Eagles in Houston on 6.18, tickets in hand.

End- It ain't over till it's over, but very magnanimous of you. I like your style, now if only I could trade like you.

Still position short KLAC and MU. Will add some SPY manana if we get the obligatory finger.

Good luck all.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Housing supply sets a record

Buyers might find bargains among the more than 9,000 homes for sale in Central Texas

By Doug Wong

AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF

Tuesday, April 29, 2003

A record number of houses were on the market in Central Texas in March as sellers trying to catch an ebbing home market added nearly 3,400 houses to a growing inventory.

A total of 9,219 houses were for sale, up 34 percent from a year ago.

"I think we are beginning to see the effects of the cooling of the booming housing market we have seen over the past few years," said Jack Harris, a research economist at the Real Estate Center at Texas A&M University. "That inventory buildup is a significant thing. It's mainly significant for prices."

Read More...

Here's a golden rule of investing as learned at my grandfather's knee:

"Gold and the dollar are linked. If the dollar goes up, gold will 100% of the time go down. It's simple, see. Gold trade is denominated in dollars so a stronger dollar means a weaker gold price.

Oh, the flip side? What happens when the dollar goes down? Well when dollars go down well, uh, gold will, uh, it's complicated. See, it's supply and demand and things like that. Not the real stuff, but paper gold, I'm saying, so you can't expect the reverse correlation, now can you?

Sort of like the market can run up 23 SPX points anytime it wants, but all declines hit a magic floor at about -10 SPX points.

Did I say golden rule? It's house rules, son. That's what I meant." :angry:

A zoran update

http://www.safehaven.com/Editorials/gayer/...042903gayer.pdf

Big wave,

Got the Doors in Cleveland for 6-21st :grin:

They came thru Houston about 3 weeks ago, didn't make it but I heard it was a great show. Saw the other day where the estate of his girlfriend is sueing to stop the tour. Guess they aren't in the revenue stream. Enjoy the show.

Here is a simple count.

It predicts a failed 5th wave around the 11th, (BB's date).

The fib time extensions are based on the peak of the A. Tomorrow is the 1.5 and could be the end. I think it gets dragged out till next week.

The price fibs are based on this C being some percentage of the A.

The intersection of the .78 price fib and the 1.62 time fib has a nice symmetry.

Then down. Really down. Big down. :D

post-1-1051652209.gif

Stats on QueerLogic:

Annualized 1st quarter "as good as it gets" revenue:

$484 million

Annualized 1st quarter "as good as it gets" PRO-FORMA net income:

$120 million

Market cap as of the close today: $3.9 billion

Cup Size:

36EEEEE

"In the end, the Riverboater chose the one with the largest breasts"

re. usd.....

....(un)fortunately, i've been around in the market for over 20 years now - started in august 80!......but i still got a good memory......

.....back in 87 i remember the "frustrating" time-period for most of the year into august ....almost every day the market sold-off......and came back late on the back of good old fashioned straigt "buy-programs" - gee....have we been swearing and sweating....a very"painful" experience.......equity markets were "dislocated" from the currency- and bond-markets for quite some time.......

...however, the usd continued its slide.....the bond market followed (thanks to the germans)....and as bond-yields went up through the roof.....the equity market collapsed....

......i am wondering "why" bond-yields are still that low....intervention?....who knows, but it does not reflect the current expectation of an economic explosion in the second half of this year.......nor does it reflect the current debt situation of the u.s. govt.

....once bond-yields start to rise.....the slide can begin....until then, patience is required....

Joe Sixpack:

Al Green has been buying long dated Treasuries to keep the bond market propped up.

That's why all his FEEDing and Repo Blasting has been creating new Keno Chips for the financial speculators, but at the same time it has been decreasing the M1 and M3 money supply.

Roger Arnold at tfnn.com has been talking about this.

This is the only way he can keep the bubble inflated.

....i know, i know...

....but while history might not repeat itself, it is hard to believe that we haven't seen any "accidents" yet.....such an accident might come sooner than we think.....they can't manipulate the currency markets apart from"temporary" interventions......they won't be able to halt the decline in u.s. treasuries once the snowball starts to roll...

.....keep my eyes on japan....i think the "trigger" will come from there.....it's past midnight in switzerland....

.....time to go home......

Guest The CoinGuy

Hello Fellow Stoolies,

Boy...been busy around here, haven't had much time to read or post. Sold Shorts @ 912, still holding swing long POS. Watching the $SPX as close as possible, looking for weakness. The LT downtrend chart makes me nervous closing this high on the monthly. We shall see.

Basically overall, sitting flat, I've made quite a bit of my cash back from the QQQ hit, and I'm not going to give it back so easily this time. I was being a little complacent myself. Made so many "good" bearish calls in the last few years, I was being lulled to sleep with nice profits. So basically keeping on my toes...

Currently watching for entry POS in the miners, and short entry POS in the $OEX, and $SPX.

Good luck to all,

The CoinGuy

post-7-1051655447_thumb.png

E Stool is right that was an exact retracement. K-Wave is right-divergences abound, Sloth is right SPX and VIX up together. We have completed an Ending Diagonal on the SPOO'S today at 924.24, we then came down tested trend and went back up for a goodnight KISS-it's over- read Zorans update just posted by THE END, I am SHORT and unhedged-I will hedge on a break of 925, don't think it will happen-it's ugly on the Island 56 of the top 100 down last I looked and I expect a strong downmove tomorrow. Trade Safe!

Archived