Handicapped heroics

Buy the news?

From Bloomberg-

India Raises Gold-Import Tax for Second Time; Prices Drop

By Pratik Parija and Prabhudatta Mishra - Mar 16, 2012 8:57 AM ET

India, the world’s biggest bullion buyer, increased the tax on gold imports for the second time this year after record purchases widened the current-account deficit. Gold for immediately delivery fell.

The government will tax gold bars and coins and platinum at 4 percent, Pranab Mukherjee, finance minister, said in his budget speech for the year starting April 1. That’s up from 2 percent set in January. There was no change on the silver tax.

India Raises Gold-Import Tax for Second Time; Prices Drop

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TJ, you've been so tame lately... If you could crank it up just another notch or two I could get a TJ tauntometer Bollinger Band Breakout!

Oh and wheres GameOver?

Wurd...

Trying to keep my no-value-add nonsense posts to a minimum in 2012

Other posters, however, more than making up for my lack of posting garbage nonsense :lol:

What!?. The tauntometer is being sabotaged on the factory floor?. What has the world come to....

For those of you that have not realized... Trader Joe is a Goldman Sachs plant with the sole mission of destroying any marginally successful stoolie portfolio.

Do they do this because they are threatened? No, just a sick sadist obsession. How else would they spend their time? Clubbing baby seals and falshing girlscouts from the door of their conversion van?

For those of you that have not realized... Trader Joe is a Goldman Sachs plant with the sole mission of destroying any marginally successful stoolie portfolio.

Do they do this because they are threatened? No, just a sick sadist obsession. How else would they spend their time? Clubbing baby seals and falshing girlscouts from the door of their conversion van?

Now, Gameover feels left out... please do justice to him/her as well :lol:

By the way, still short the rut. I am now negative 3%... whereas I was up 8% last week... At this rate my power will be cut off in a couple weeks and you guys won't have to listen to me anymore. Actually, no ones on today anyway.

By the way, still short the rut. I am now negative 3%... whereas I was up 8% last week... At this rate my power will be cut off in a couple weeks and you guys won't have to listen to me anymore. Actually, no ones on today anyway.

Feel the pain as well, up 10% on the DXM12 long added when it looked like a breakout (80.700) now I am freaking under water 10%...

I can understand people picking their spots and trying to short things here and there. What I find incomprehensible is people who have been fighting the tape and the central banks all the way up. This has been a classic cyclical bull, rising on central bank liquidity pumping. That's the way it has always worked. The Fed attempts to pump liquidity into a weak economy. Stocks rise. There's nothing incomprehensible about that. It has only worked that way since time immemorial. Or at least since 1913. The only difference today is that the Fed is no longer the only pit boss. It's not even the biggest.

"Don't fight the tape. Don't fight the pit bosses." I would only add to that, unless you are an experienced professional trader "Don't try to be a hero." By that I mean, don't try to pick the exact top.

Later!

Archived