A New Beginning

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gif files are the smallest and work fine for charts. The charts I publish in the Anals are 15 to 20 k. They are copied and pasted from Metastock. That is plenty big enough for a good size chart. Even a chart twice as big would only be 30K. Any chart file larger than that is not optimized.

An alternative would be to post the chart to your personal web space and link to it. Almost all isp's provide personal web space.

The problem is not space. It is processing power. When 100 people call a page at the same time, it's a problem. The server will not handle it.

On the old board, we did not have the ability to upload charts. This is a nice feature, but it has to be limited. Otherwise the board will not work very well.

"The problem is not space. It is processing power. When 100 people call a page at the same time. It's a problem. My current server will not handle it. "....Doc

To paraphrase Neo in the film "The Matrix" as he was about to do battle with the matrix: Charts. I want charts. I want lots of charts.

Good morning everyone. Have a safe and profitable day!

Check out this clip from todays WSJ, I guess we are looking at a different mkt? I saw futures 7 or so bucks below fair value. "* * *

U.S. stocks were steered toward a positive opening early Tuesday after the government released its strong report on economic growth. Shares in Asia ended lower, while stocks in Europe were little changed." ///// GF THanks, do they have quotes?

gif files are the smallest and work fine for charts. The charts I publish in the Anals are 15 to 20 k. They are copied and pasted from Metastock. That is plenty big enough for a good size chart. Even a chart twice as big would only be 30K. Any chart file larger than that is not optimized.

An alternative would be to post the chart to your personal web space and link to it. Almost all isp's provide personal web space.

The problem is not space. It is processing power. When 100 people call a page at the same time, it's a problem. The server will not handle it.

On the old board, we did not have the ability to upload charts. This is a nice feature, but it has to be limited. Otherwise the board will not work very well.

Doc....help.

Same exact file saved as ....GIF size is 980,138 bytes. JPG 78,200 bytes, BMP 980,138 bytes (same as GIF). How do I optimze the chart file?

Dont have a personal web page as I hold the ISP account as a corporate account and I am self employed. They want additional dinero for the corporate account web pages....not forking that up as I dont gain a benefit from it.

Archived