B4 The Belll Frieday November 5

Looks to me like we have broken out of the channel twice. how much more proof so we need?

It seems to me, as a week to week trader (and not day to day), that it is now easier making money on the long side than the short side of market indexes.

I will be getting out of all bear funds soon unless the something drastic happens.

It's a brave new world where all problems are papered over with new money - either from new tax cuts or the Fed/other central banks acting to increase the money supply.

The general advice on individual stocks given here in B4 and MTM has been nothing less than great. If one went long B4s list of longs a year ago, one would be doing very well.

We just have to know when to jump off, which is why I subscribe here. ;)

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just was reviewing the posts and noticed a newbie implie that they cheated someone out of a garmet for a dollar and Drano saying that he? would not tell.  Do you people ever step back and ponder what you have just said or the reasoning that brought you to your conclusions.

NO NO NO.

I was kidding that he was buying a coat at the "Everything's a Dollar" store and that I wouldn't tell his wife that's where he got it.

However I agree that I should have also said something about accepting a wrong price like that -- which I wouldn't.

that's how I read ya in the first place Drano. :D

...not that it'll make his -wife- feel any bettah... :lol:

uhh...sorry 'bout ALPO. I was -sure- that pushing him into that thick gooey settling-pond would do the trick this time... :P

I'll think of something else for next week.

Thanks Dozer. I thought once it got ground up into dog food it was toast, if you know what I mean.... but maybe it means there's just another chance to short again soon for all that missed it the first time.

GOO itself is going to be very interesting. Wonder if it will experience another miraculous recovery Monday, or just keep going down?

And as for RIMM -- I just looked at a 5-year chart and all I can say is :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey man, take a look out the window n see whassappennin

Hey m.a.n i.t.s r.a.i.n.i.n... s'rainin outside man...

Oh doan worry bout that brother...

Everything's gonna be everything

We'll get into somethin real nice

Lay back and groooove on a rainy day

(boomp boomp)

Y.e.a.hh.. I see whatchoo mean brothuhh

Laybackan grooooove on a rainy day....

(boomp boomp)

tee hee....yah, a lotta unhappy rimmers tonight I imagine... :P

goog....ya know, it's an interesting test-case in a way. Lots of screamers and all that, but goog is very much the best match to the 1999 years. So far, I guess we'd have to say that the market is just as stupid. On the other hand, it sure didn't spend much time over 200 !!

Gee...I just realized you must be smilin' today...what's your put? A 180 ? :D :D

I think it was....GTNWORSE maybe...who just posted in M2M that the market is now mostly hedge-hogs and fumblers trading back and forth to each other for nickels and dimes. I've been following the posts about fundies all week....trying to understand how it can go higher and higher.... I mean, who is selling? Why would one fund sell out to another? Who is buying? Why does CFC get backstopped with a huge buy every time it starts making a red waterfall? What fund would want to own that overleveraged POS ?

I wonder if we'll see any MF redemptions in the next week or two, from strapped sheeple prepping for xmas ??

Amazingly enough, I actually ended up positive on the day! :D Out of 9 positions, 7 were losers...2 pretty bad...but my dec. NEM calls alone were up 100 bucks/contract, plus some gain from CFC puts...enough to more than make up the other losses....gotta love gold... :D

one part of me says screw it, long is easy and stressless. I mean cmon we basically have run up 80 spoo points with virtualy no pullback, no stress on the longs what so ever. ANd of course we know about the govt/fed 990n. THen of course the companies lie thru their teeth about earnings, and no one blinks an eye, let alone has a question. But, we have gone up 9 days running and I am looking for a reality check. Big fricking time. Just cause it has not mattered yet does not mean it will not. There is a major shit storm out there ( no need to list the details) and one day it will whack the crowd like a tsunami on a peaceful sunny day.

Bad news is........ I spent the day putting a mexican roofer back together....for free no doubt....fell 30 ft from a roof...multiple devastaing open fractures...only people in the o.r. getting paid were the nurses and the orthopaedic implant reps....wtf

good news is ........the last two days, over 60000 SPX Nov calls were purchased between 1150 and 1190 while fewer than 10000 puts were picked up...not to mention there was huge open call interest between 1150 and 1170 that existed prior to thursday.....

best news is .......I spent the day stockpiling 30 Nov SPX puts between 1180 and 1200

next two weeks we are going to see a significant correction....may be short term, may go a touch higher first...... but its gonna happen...and its going to be profitable

still hope for bears

TRADE SAFE

Sorry to keep harping on this. I suspect it is just the beginning of the real election. Makes me wonder how many Congressmen were likewise shafted.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uslatest/story/0...4598957,00.html

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - An error with an electronic voting system gave President Bush 3,893 extra votes in suburban Columbus, elections officials said. Franklin County's unofficial results had Bush receiving 4,258 votes to Democrat John Kerry's 260 votes in a precinct in Gahanna. Records show only 638 voters cast ballots in that precinct. Bush's total should have been recorded as 365.

Bad news is........ I spent the day putting a mexican roofer back together....for free no doubt....fell 30 ft from a roof...multiple devastaing open fractures...only people in the o.r. getting paid were the nurses and the orthopaedic implant reps....wtf

summoner, you da man. B)

Someday, it'll come back around to ya. that's guaranteed.

My sister's been doing books for the past few years for an older dairy farmer who's never had the money to pay her. His place finally went into the pot, since the bank wants the land for a strip-mall...and he called up my sis and said "come on over with your trucks, and clean out my barn".

She came home with over 400 tons of certified hay, 5000+ lbs of grain, boxes and boxes of $$$ vet medicines and supplies, etc. etc.. Free. :D

I hear what you're saying about the open interest. TE said the other night that max-pain was 1125. Even if it only gets down to 1130 or so by op-ex, a lot of us should do pretty well I'll bet.

goog....ya know, it's an interesting test-case in a way. Lots of screamers and all that, but goog is very much the best match to the 1999 years. So far, I guess we'd have to say that the market is just as stupid. On the other hand, it sure didn't spend much time over 200 !!

Gee...I just realized you must be smilin' today...what's your put? A 180 ? :D :D

Whacko options trading in GOOG today.

Calls:

Volume of 55,861 Calls from 170 to 200 (stopping every 5 bucks).

Open interest of 44,924 Calls.

Poots:

Volume of 26,969 Puts from 170 to 200.

Open interest of 41,714 Puts.

Don't know how to make heads or tails of this, but it looks like more Calls were "disappeared" than Puts today.

Wonder if GOOG will ride the fibonacho rails down from 200 to 100? Stopping at 178, 162, 150, 138, 122 . . .

Archived