The Russian Revolution

If only I would dong every bear suck-in, I'd be knee-deep in hookers and booze right now (like the Pigmen are) instead of knee-deep in wire transfer forms.

Sadly, I'm too psychologically weak to simply press the buy button, as a result of dissipating all my mental energy being angry at successful insiders who take advantage of the system to become multi-millionaires by pumping and shystering and backdating and shamtrading and borkering, and jealous of traders who can easily follow them without any qualms or revulsion. 

Rather than just go along and make money, I perversely prefer to not only hope that they'll be undone, but actually speculate that they will be, after convincing myself that they will be, because I believe they should be, and I want them to be.

In other words, I'm a victim of my own "will to believe" what I hope to be true, despite being painfully aware of what actually is true, which is that they will never be undone by the market, because they are the market.

I'll either go along with them and succeed, or deny reality and fail.

Is it better to suffer the continual repeated financial pain of harboring an ingrained, twisted vision of a world you wish could be, or to once and for all finally let go of it, pick up an axe, and rush into the filthy cesspool to join the bloody slaughter?

What defect of character makes one feel morally superior by losing money from not just refusing to go along, but actually fading the powers that be?

Don't traders who have "gone over to the other side" deserve respect more than envy?

Isn't it better to move ahead in the real world, as it is, than to fall behind in a fantasy world?

Isn't it pompous, isn't it arrogant, isn't it immature, isn't it foolish, to insist that people should "play fair" as you define it?

Why make such a big deal about making money by simply piling onto one false premise after another, each of which, in the end, will leave other people holding the bag?

Why instead insist on holding that bag yourself?  To feel "clean" in a dirty world?

"Hey Shorty!"

Yes, fellow citizen and friend?

"Lighten up, man.  It's really just all about timing."

Oh.  You're right.  I almost forgot.  Thanks.

Excellent! Perhaps the best essay on trader psychology in the entire world, Dude!! Be sure to wash your hands after swinging your ax now. :lol:

Hey Tzu, don't make me work so hard, man. Less is more amigo. ;)

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If only I would dong every bear suck-in, I'd be knee-deep in hookers and booze right now (like the Pigmen are) instead of knee-deep in wire transfer forms.

Sadly, I'm too psychologically weak to simply press the buy button, as a result of dissipating all my mental energy being angry at successful insiders who take advantage of the system to become multi-millionaires by pumping and shystering and backdating and shamtrading and borkering, and jealous of traders who can easily follow them without any qualms or revulsion.?

Rather than just go along and make money, I perversely prefer to not only hope that they'll be undone, but actually speculate that they will be, after convincing myself that they will be, because I believe they should be, and I want them to be.

In other words, I'm a victim of my own "will to believe" what I hope to be true, despite being painfully aware of what actually is true, which is that they will never be undone by the market, because they are the market.

Is it better to suffer the continual repeated financial pain of harboring an ingrained, twisted vision of a world you wish could be, or to once and for all finally let go of it, pick up an axe, and rush into the filthy cesspool to join the bloody slaughter?

What defect of character makes one feel morally superior by losing money from not just refusing to go along, but actually fading the powers that be?

Don't traders who have "gone over to the other side" deserve respect more than envy?

Isn't it better to move ahead in the real world, as it is, than to fall behind in a fantasy world?

Isn't it pompous, isn't it arrogant, isn't it immature, isn't it foolish, to insist that people should "play fair" as you define it?

Why make such a big deal about making money by simply piling onto one false premise after another, each of which, in the end, will leave other people holding the bag?

Why instead insist on holding that bag yourself?? To feel "clean" in a dirty world?

"Hey Shorty!"

"Lighten up, man.? It's really just all about timing."

Oh.? You're right.? I almost forgot.? Thanks.

Excellent! Perhaps the best essay on trader psychology in the entire world, Dude!! Be sure to wash your hands after swinging your ax now. :lol:

Ditto...

Pulled at my heart big-time.

Especially since you KNOW, sometime, maybe this time, they'll really pull the rug out.

Without 9/11, the real rug would have pulled out a coupla years ago. On 9/10, I was convinced that I would close my shorts on 9/11 or 9/12. The set up for a big bounce was too good. I think the airplane things got a lot of front-running long specs way off guard. March '03 was Pigman Interupted payback.

The fact that they are now The Market (and not nearly as much so in 00-01) means that at some point they will start to cannabalize each other. The 3-4 quick drops we have seen this year, with the slow grinding upmoves, are tests. Like the Israeli moves to test Hezbollah responses.

Just testing. For the real move to come.

Sorry no posts yesterday fellas...

I woke up with one of those mind blinding migraines I get occasionally, and looking at a compuker screen does not help matters.

Anybody out there know of any natural techniqiues for getting rid of severe headaches?

I hate taking drugs of any kind, and to get any kind of relief at all, I have to take double the recomended excedrin dosage, and I know that can't be good for me. Luckily, I don't get these nasty things very often. I feel for folks that get them frequently.

Markets are real interesting here....

First Gold...

When they couldn't take her down yesterday on the "news", the break over 615 got things rolling to the upside. Only trade yesterady was a stop and reverse long at 615 and then dumped out at 627.

There is now a MAJOR pivot set at the 610 area as evidenced by the 8 hour chart. Pivots that take that long to build are very often important lows, but if they get taken out...LOB big time.

The hourly and 4 hour charts up up against what should be bigtime resistance. The 4 hour chart is probably the most telling here. The entire ribbon structure is heading down, save for the shortest periods, and with price right up against a declining 900 and 200, it is very possible that this move up was the last death throe, before a substantial move down.

The 12 hour and daily charts are also showing snapback to resistance type action, both showing potential dowside target of 560ish.

But if Gold can followthru next week and start living above 630, that pviot at 610 could be setting the stage for a longer term move up.

Next week's action could reveal MUCHO about the longer term pic here....

post-147-1168712285_thumb.jpg

post-147-1168712306_thumb.jpg

post-147-1168712322_thumb.jpg

post-147-1168712342_thumb.jpg

post-147-1168712370_thumb.jpg

The indexes are at an interesting juncture as well...

Dow Daily showing Mega Neggie's, as are many other indivual issues on that last surge to new highs...

I have a strong hunch that Tuesday's open could be THE TOP, at least for a few months, but IF the market fails to turn around here, and instead starts to consolidate upwards, this move could run for another couple of months..

Again, key action next week should reveal quite a bit.

If we do indeed top out on Tuesday, a move to the daily tunnel area at a pretty rapid clip could be a likely outcome.

post-147-1168713337_thumb.jpg

Sadly, I'm too psychologically weak to simply press the buy button, as a result of dissipating all my mental energy being angry at successful insiders who take advantage of the system to become multi-millionaires by pumping and shystering and backdating and shamtrading and borkering, and jealous of traders who can easily follow them without any qualms or revulsion. 

Why instead insist on holding that bag yourself?  To feel "clean" in a dirty world?

"Hey Shorty!"

"Lighten up, man.  It's really just all about timing."

Oh.  You're right.  I almost forgot.  Thanks.

Despondent -

Main Entry: de?spon?dent

Function: adjective

Etymology: Latin despondent-, despondens, present participle of despondEre

Date: circa 1699

DESPONDENT implies a deep dejection arising from a conviction of the uselessness of further effort.

The very fact that you are feeling this despondent, could mean that a great top is near at hand....

Ol' Soup must have been real close to pullin' the trigger by Friday afternoon.. :lol:

Sadly, I'm too psychologically weak to simply press the buy button, as a result of dissipating all my mental energy being angry at successful insiders who take advantage of the system to become multi-millionaires by pumping and shystering and backdating and shamtrading and borkering, and jealous of traders who can easily follow them without any qualms or revulsion.?

Why instead insist on holding that bag yourself?? To feel "clean" in a dirty world?

"Hey Shorty!"

"Lighten up, man.? It's really just all about timing."

Oh.? You're right.? I almost forgot.? Thanks.

Hey Tzu, don't make me work so hard, man. Less is more amigo. ;)

You will have to help with that my friend. I am trying in general to stop talking so much and not sure how to do it. The mornings are the worst as my mind goes 3 times as fast as people around me barely woke up..

It can be embarrasing when you realize nobody wanted to hear your story in the first place....etc.

Any clues? This is not due to caffeinne or any of that jazz. I smoke maedical marryj but that just evens me out and anyone who judges me as doing drugs is wrong etc. I take lexapro as well which may be a major conributer to this right now in some unknown way...

Who knows, some times duct tape may have to be used...

I didn't expect 2 negative reactions to my post though so any ellaboration would help.

I mean something like This Here fellow is talking about.

I woke up with one of those mind blinding migraines I get occasionally, and looking at a compuker screen does not help matters.

Anybody out there know of any natural techniqiues for getting rid of severe headaches?

I hate taking drugs of any kind, and to get any kind of relief at all, I have to take double the recomended excedrin dosage, and I know that can't be good for me. Luckily, I don't get these nasty things very often. I feel for folks that get them frequently.

try that doctors nite guard-$20 at cvs, wal, wmt

if it is migraine it may start with muscle tension in neck and face

my wife uses on and her "migraines" stopped, completely

of course all of the usual chemical irritants and toxification may come into play

try to detoxify

herb treatments, i dont know but im sure there are some good ones

my wife used midrin (RX) for years with good results but the doctors nite guard seems to have eliminated her problem as she hasnt taken it in forever it seems

thanks for all the good posts :)

Sucked losing all my gains on STEM. I thought I had an entry that would stick....oh well.

I know where I would have sold the pop..... ;)

STEM looks like it has a bit more work to do in the jaws of the alligator....the good news is that the daily 200 looks to be on the verge of turning back up. Once it can decisively take out 3.50, this should be a good, perhaps spectacular, long term play.

GERN acting stronger at this junture, BTW...but if the markets turn here, I would not be surprised to see the 7.25-8 level tested one more time as it tries to turn the corner longer term here....

post-147-1168715085_thumb.jpg

post-147-1168715098_thumb.jpg

You guys know how much I love da big round numbers...

Naz Comp right at a huge one on Furday....

Could be a move towards low 2300's on deck....but if we don't start down ASAP, LOA...

Ya, that massive upper resistance line is a dousy. The biggest in years if we break out.

QQQQ 45 area looks like the key? The longer term charts seem to show 45 on the QQQQ as a solid brick wall.

If you check out my ta channels we will break out on any move above.

It seems this should take volume? What is your opinion on that?

Bingo on the neck tension.

This one was probably from watching the Gold wedgie too intently... :lol:

Prevention would probably be the best solution... :rolleyes:

But I'll get some of nite guard, just in case.....

Thanks

my wife uses on and her "migraines" stopped, completely

of course all of the usual chemical irritants and toxification may come into play

try to detoxify

herb treatments, i dont know but im sure there are some good ones

my wife used midrin (RX) for years with good results but the doctors nite guard seems to have eliminated her problem as she hasnt taken it in forever it seems

thanks for all the good posts :)

How close do you sit to your monitor......delve that idea some maybe.

stress of course if common for us traders.

Do the colon blow cleanout. The expensive ones and a colonic is what I am told to start any detoxification type process with anything.

They even have this powder I call the "The Burn" that will start the process within a few hours!

Get ready though first! :lol:

Hey, whatever might help. You must first start with the easy things to eliminate and make the situation even beter 1%.

I could actually follow my own advice. It has been on the calender for a long time and I have some maximum blow out month long sytem in the closet...

You guys know how much I love da big round numbers...

Naz Comp right at a huge one on Furday....

Could be a move towards low 2300's on deck....but if we don't start down ASAP, LOA...

Ya, that massive upper resistance line is a dousy. The biggest in years if we break out.

QQQQ 45 area looks like the key? The longer term charts seem to show 45 on the QQQQ as a solid brick wall.

If you check out my ta channels we will break out on any move above.

It seems this should take volume? What is your opinion on that?

I not a big volume follower. Sometimes it comes in on blastoffs, sometimes at big lows, sometimes at big tops, and yet other times at big breaks. And sometimes it just comes randomly, with no rhyme or reason. I haven't found any consistent use for it that is not covered by the techniques I use.

For instance, If a big liftoff occurs out of a wedge on huge volume, I will also usually see a multiple time frame breakout on my stuff as well.

And on a big breakdown, if volume comes in and price is in an airgap on my stuff, it probably means the move will continue, but if the big break on volume occurs and price touches a big support area, it is more likely a low. So using volume alone, would give no clue which one it was.

Sucked losing all my gains on STEM. I thought I had an entry that would stick....oh well.

I know where I would have sold the pop..... ;)

STEM looks like it has a bit more work to do in the jaws of the alligator....the good news is that the daily 200 looks to be on the verge of turning back up. Once it can decisively take out 3.50, this should be a good, perhaps spectacular, long term play.

GERN acting stronger at this junture, BTW...but if the markets turn here, I would not be surprised to see the 7.25-8 level tested one more time as it tries to turn the corner longer term here....

I was learning to drive a track hoe all day. I only have 9k in the market at the moment but it is the houses money so I will game it BIGTIME and fast. I only take small positions with these so it isn't a big deal.

I try to not bulk trade with stocks and stick to indexes. Individual stocks are low risk gambles.I was watching ta. It was a 1000% type hopeful that I had gotten the started pistols lined up......aka, got a good start and sold half position. I include those gains to lower real cost average.

I guess a reverse cost average sorta makes since.

My real mistake was not paying attention to the dem lobby yada yada stuff. I alwasy try to stay away because there is usually a loophole they are leaving out on purpose.

I go with those thoughts first then work in reverse sometimes before even staring to analyze something...

Which bios are the most important? How about top 3 large, mid, small and micro. Maybe we should correlate these and of course the biotech fund.

I wish I had more organized access to the tons of logged work LW has done. I would like to see his work again on this subject but not sure how to find it.

DNA sure does fit the pattern to breaking out. Doesn't it make perfect since for them to blastoff because the votes failed......gotta love opposite world.

I am having a massive problem with buying another dumper (guarnateed money 100%) or bulk trading the QQQQ when I get the cash.

I am scared of myself and know how both scenarios statistically can end up in the market.

I am not sure how to shorten this better. Doc hates my connected jabber when I start squishing things. I forgot the word he uses which fits it.That is partly why the post lengths increased.

Archived