Propofol Market- First they put you to sleep

Re Volkner My WAG is that they want to shutdown what they labeled as the "shadow banking system" and keep the monopoly of the fractional reserve system in the Banks.

"“They do funnel money to the commercial-paper market but they are just funneling money that would otherwise go to the banks, and it’s the banks’ business to make loans to those people,” Volcker said. "

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...id=a5O9Upz5e0Qc

If they liked it they would have called it the "financially innovated banking system" to begin with.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dr. Bernanke Prescribes Proporfall

by Lee Adler, Tuesday, August 25, 2009, in Professional Edition, Today's Markets | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit I called this a Propofol market, but I like Sudaca’s (Capitalstool.com message boards) name for it even better- Prop-or-fall. It’s been injected with a powerful sedative. The question is who’s going to wake up dead, bulls or bears. The answer isn’t clear yet, but the charts suggest that bears… Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

:lol: excellent Phat...

"Interesting action today.....even though I could count the volume with two hands it's bullish!............ bulls want a pullback to get in and its just not happening and to the retail investors who missed rally...F**k You...Pay Me...it just doesn't get any better then this folks...that's it for trader talk here on the floor...back to you Moo"

Re Volkner My WAG is that they want to shutdown what they labeled as the "shadow banking system" and keep the monopoly of the fractional reserve system in the Banks.

"“They do funnel money to the commercial-paper market but they are just funneling money that would otherwise go to the banks, and it’s the banks’ business to make loans to those people,” Volcker said. "

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...id=a5O9Upz5e0Qc

If they liked it they would have called it the "financially innovated banking system" to begin with.

Banks need the money to stay solvent, so maybe "they" are thinking of totally shutting down the MM system. Denninger pointed out today that the banks are still in deep doo-doo with their loan losses.

Wall Street may have discovered a way out from under the bad debt and risky mortgages that have clogged the financial markets. The would-be solution probably sounds familiar: It's a lot like what got banks in trouble in the first place.

In recent months investment banks have been repackaging old mortgage securities and offering to sell them as new products, a plan that's nearly identical to the complicated investment packages at the heart of the market's collapse.

“There is a little bit of deja vu in this,” said Arizona State University economics professor Herbert Kaufman.

But Mr. Kaufman said the strategy could help solve one of the lingering problems of the financial meltdown: What to do about hundreds of billions of dollars in mortgages that are still choking the system and making bankers reluctant to make new loans.

oops, they're doing it again!

Archived