B4 The Bell Weak-End Den July 2 - 5

Citi, Merrill plan RE funds

Monday July 5, 6:00 am ET

By Jonathan Berke and Heidi Moore

Raising real estate funds is all the rage on Wall Street this summer.

This is a joke, right?

I saw on Pru Bear Chat that today Merrill raised its rating of Yukos, the Russian oil conglomerate.

Russian cops just raided the Yukos HQ, bank accounts seized, they defaulted on a big loan. I can see where a fellow would want to get in on the ground floor of that deal, too.

It's great that the big Wall Street houses are so willing to share these brainstorms with small investors.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

T.E.

Gee..... tanks for that link! What a great link.

How embarrasing! I have been spelling it wrong. Ain't that a brown saguaro!

I am really smat aren't I? (thats just a little shy of smart).

Fonetics werks fer me :grin:.

Now if I can just learn how to get a picture of one in my avatar space ;) . Where is that great artist Grot when I need him? Love your stuff Grot.

Tanks T.E. for all that you do here, and all that you share.

Aren't I a

Brown Saguaro

Well futures are flat but it means squat until we get the fair value numbers which are late, which probably means Miss Piggy is looking at a lower open or they would have put them up by now!

fair value numbers show NAS100 down 1.54 using Thursday's closing figures for fair value. Since the NAS100 was down 8.38 Friday, I would think that would mean we're currently about 6.84 above fair value (-1.54 - (-8.38)).

http://money.cnn.com/markets/afterhours/

To HiHat And Other Subscribers-

If your credit card is still current, your sub will renew automatically. If your card has expired, or you changed cards in your Paypal profile, it will not. In that case, email me, and I will send renewal instructions so that you may do so at your existing rate.

Many answers to your subscription questions can be found in the FAQs at http://www.capitalstool.com/subscribe.htm

The Grasshopper and the Ant

OLD VERSION:

The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter.

The grasshopper thinks he's a fool and laughs and dances and plays the Summer away.

Come winter, the ant is warm and well fed. The grasshopper has no food or shelter, so he dies out in the cold.

MORAL OF THE ORIGINAL STORY: Self reliance and personal responsibility are important virtues.

MODERN VERSION:

The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter.

The grasshopper thinks he's a fool and laughs and dances and plays the Summer away.

Come winter, the shivering grasshopper calls a press conference and demands to know why the ant should be allowed to be warm and well fed while others are cold and starving.

CBS, NBC, and ABC show up to provide pictures of the shivering grasshopper next to a video of the ant in his comfortable home with a table filled with food.

America is stunned by the sharp contrast .  How can this be, that in a country of such wealth, this poor grasshopper is allowed to suffer so?

Kermit the Frog appears on Oprah with the grasshopper, and everybody cries when they sing, "It's Not Easy Being Green."

Jesse Jackson stages a demonstration in front of the ant's house where the news stations film the group singing, "We shall overcome." Jesse then has the group kneel down to pray to God for the grasshopper's sake.

Tom Daschle & John Kerry exclaim in an interview with Peter Jennings that the ant has gotten rich off the back of the grasshopper, and both call for an immediate tax hike on the ant to make him pay his "fair share."

Finally, the EEOC drafts the "Economic Equity and Anti-Grasshopper Act," retroactive to the beginning of the summer.  The ant is fined for failing to hire a proportionate number of green bugs and, having nothing

left to pay his retroactive taxes, his home is confiscated by the government. Hillary gets her old law firm to represent the grasshopper in a defamation suit against the ant, and the case is tried before a

panel of federal judges that Bill appointed from a list of welfare recipients.

The ant loses the case.

The story ends as we see the grasshopper finishing up the last bits of the ant's food while the government house he is in, which just happens to be the ant's old house, crumbles around him because he doesn't maintain it.

The ant has disappeared in the snow.

The grasshopper is found dead in a drug related incident, and the house, now abandoned, is taken over by a gang of spiders who terrorize the once peaceful neighborhood.

MORAL OF THE MODERN STORY: Only in America, do the virtueless prevail.

Now that is a load of crap.

Let's just blame the Democrats for anything and everything why don't we.

I'll tell you who is to blame for our problems. Ronald Reagan and the right wing nutcases he led into positions of power. That's who screwed us. Not the damn Democrats.

There are a whole lot of people who suffer and have less and not because they don't work hard. Those people are being raped by the drug companies, and oil companies, who own the Republican Party and the government.

The Republicans, not the Democrats. The Democrats are the only thing standing between the working poor and absolute oblivion.

We are the only industrialized nation that does not provide universal health care. We are the only industrialized country that does not negotiate a fair price for prescription drugs for its citizens.

Why? Because the Republicans are in charge, and they make sure to line the pockets of their owners. Lying thieving worthless crooks. The whole goddam lot of them as far as I am concerned.

So, go ahead, bash the Democrats. I warned you before, and I will say it again. I will not allow goddam lies and propaganda to go unanswered. I don't like politics or politicians, but since you want political discussion on this board, I will answer when I have to.

Lou you need a new CPS- Parke-Davis were bought out by Pfizer in 2000 they are the current Manufacturer and inherit all the problems. Doc- Big D was joking-you are thinking like a Canadian eh! Think about poor old Ned asking two Montrealers for directions and they both point in different directions and the culture shock of colored money and good beer-have a Molsons eh! ;)

I din't find it funny. I guess I don't like pointed anti-Democrat jokes. Especially when the Dems are the only ones making an attempt to defend the defenseless.

Please explain why an American has to pay three times as much for his cholesterol medication as does a Canadian. Why is it that the working poor, who make too much for medicaid, but not enough to buy health insurance, are not entitled to health care in this country.

Because the Republicans have blocked every attempt at health care reform while massively increasing military spending. So let's just blame a few crooks from the underclass for all our problems, instead of blaming the elite crooks who are the ones who get away with all kinds of financial chicanery without fear of penaltly.

This disgusts me.

Your going to see a lot of misinformation about all parties.

Responding to it will be a full time job.

In the end it will come down to the rigged electronic voting machines,

who has the majority, and who can rip off the govt the most.

In a way I hope they try to rally tomorrow.

I need more shares short.

Archived