Kopin Tan Blackout

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bears, no worry, we have a new killer application:

name: Barrant Wuffet

first, the RE bubble in Kali will explode and then Wuffet comes and gives oil into the fire cause he raise taxes on houses, wooooahaha!

Wuffet would go into history books as "Kali Killer"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

btw, and when Wuffet does this he will smile across the face and sing:

iiiii, uuuu, u a a, ding dong, la da la da bing bong

iii, uuu, u a ah, ding dong bong bong bong bonggggg!

(or so)

:lol:

Buffet Puts Califorinia Housing Bubble in the Crosshairs:

This in today's WSJ:

Warren Buffett strongly suggested that California's property taxes need to be higher. The financial adviser to Schwarzenegger's campaign for governor cited the impact of Proposition 13, which limits tax increases, but stopped short of saying he would urge its repeal.

If you own a house in California...watch out...because you are the "wallet of last resort"

As businesses flee the state, tax receipts crater, and the gears grind to a hault, the grease required to keep the machine running (albeit on life support) can only come from those holding the largest taxable assets...the overinflated and overleveraged dwellings of those unfortunate enough to be living the great American dream in the midst of this great American nightmare.

You can debate this one all you want, but in the end, money is required to run the state, and the only place to go to get it is homeowners.  Consider Warren Buffet as the matter of fact father figure who is explaining to his kids that you can't continue to have something for nothing...you've got to pay your bills.  He's this decade's Ross Perot.

Nobody's going to want to hear that the property taxes are going to have to go up to keep the state solvent, but it is the only solution.  As this reality begins to sink in, property values will immediately stop appreciating.  Why?  Because the most enlightened home owners are going to realize that the only way not to be a bagholder in California is not to own a house.

HOME FOR SALE

Plunger

thanks plunger - knew this one was coming - too easy a target for the money grubbing A-holes. i have an ideas - STOP SPENDING :( !!!!

yes, eventually homeowners, with some sort of b.s. allowance for hardship, BUT the real hit will be investment property.... they will come after invetsment property first and say it was never included in the original "intent" of Prop 13. investment r.e. is an easy target - oh i can see sharp real estate appraisers making zillions on assessment appeals as values slump.

Run Forrest run!!!!!

p.s. HOME FOR SALE

BARE -- after his outraged clients (both of them) have thrown him off a dock:

6977a.JPG

"I may be underwater now. But URPIX will come back -- I assure you.

And as you can see, I was prepared FUR a rainy day.

Now I have a vessel to board, if you'll excuse me.

And as Macarthur said, I shall return!"

(thanx goldmember)

The SOX has to confirm the QQQ's. Otherwise it's not a *CONFIRMED* bull or bear market (as the case may be).

AMAT needs to confirm the GDP. Or is it the other way around? Maybe AMAT's price action confirms the housing market, the MoGauge, the FEED, credit spreads, emerging market debt liquidity, the bear market in gold, crude prices, cost of worker's comp, global warming, and a myriad of other factors linchpinned on the action of the SOX.

Who knows??

Maybe I should order one of those vanity plates from the DMV.

"AMATSOX"

Your wEAK eND Anals FISHYmarket Wrap is loaded. If you are unable to download your Anals, take a subscribatory and you'll be able to download RIGHT NOW!

i'LL UPDATE THE LONG TERM OOutlok Sindoo nitr. till them heve a (hic) greeeat waek end and I;ll ees you in the aNAls.

Doc

:wacko:

Tanks t the new subschibers who shined up this week. Don't weerty. I'll be lokay.

I'm gonna take a nappy now.

Bye.

hic

strong ST bearish patterns on AMAT?

AMAT busted yesterday's lows and closed down and below the open against the prevailing market. Also, AMAT's high was set on Wednesday which is peculiar since the NDX managed higher highs through the end of the week. Anyone see a head and shoulders pattern playing out for AMAT?

Bema project has geologists buzzing

"This latest drilling only confirms our belief that this is one of the most exciting discoveries to hit the global gold stage in decades," gushed Brian Christie at Canaccord in Toronto. "This latest drilling looks like it supports at least 5 million ounces of resource, and further work will likely advance the project towards 7 million to 10 million ounces."

Albino just raised his price target on Bema's shares, which since being highlighted here and in The Calandra Report two months ago, have almost doubled in value, giving the miner a $700 market value, not including any debt. He sees the shares reaching at least $3.75 Canadian from their current $3.

Archived