Before and After....

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looking over a few of the upthrusting momo stock days in the last month I think you'd have to be very selective to make out..... guess it's a good weekend to review the IBD/Canslim momo this weekend.

they should put a little piggy nose on cramer and add a sound....

jickiss is back!

and

Dear M2Mers: Gotta race out to dinner in a few mins. Nevertheless, it is good and instructive, given the nervousness on the board, to review that famous construct; namely, the jickiss Triangle.

jickiss Triangle Parameters Were:

Zombie, 110 28/32

USDX, .8000

Gold in Euros, 350

those were the initial parameters, or points, of the jickiss Triangle.

your jickiss also said that, in all likelyhood, da Zombie would be the first point to move away or shift....

and, tra-la, bingo!

Zombie, 108 14/32 *** (*** = Shifty Zombie :blink: )

USDX, .8411

Gold in Euros, 327 or so...

so far, we only have One Horse in the Trifecta.

Stay Tuned!

Hold Fast!

acres of diamonds are ahead!

and last of all, TANKS to Doc, to MM, and to everybody who ever posted here!

All, Each and Every, and One and All are top notch! (even most who left were Above Average!).

only the Bears and the Gold and Gold Miner Bulls will win in the end!

jickiss!

XLF, the financial ETF.

Tues. volume was 20 million.

Wed. volume was 14 million.

Today's volume was 4.6 million.

Selling may be drying up.

MFI on the XLF is also at record lows, a reading of 7.7

FWIW...

Take a look at the weekly, when you factor in another day we're actually higher on the volume on a weekly basis. Roughly (57M = .8 Weekly) puts you at 71M. Compare this to the prior two weeks volume of 69M and 70M, still a lot of volume going down here.

big.chart?symb=xlf&compidx=aaaaa:0&ma=0&maval=9&uf=0&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=4&size=2&state=9&sid=127183&style=320&time=7&freq=2&comp=NO_SYMBOL_CHOSEN&nosettings=1&rand=8153&mocktick=1.gif

This is a pretty strong move down overall when you look at the weekly. Classic "Volume off the top"

If you use a 29 day Money Flow, which would be consistent with the 10-13 week cycle, it looks like this move could still drop for a couple more days. The last 3-5 days of a downstroke are always the sharpest. A 14 day indicator is much too short if this is the early days of a major downturn.

Wallstreetexaminer_PNG_2amMus

http://www.wallstreetexaminer.com/charts/chart_page.php?

Thanks, Doc......

I've never experimented with other MFI periods....

I have just been watching the default setting for 6 years now, so I'm kind of used to it.

I still say that the S & P needs to get down to 1162 before going back up.

MFI tends to turn a day or so early, as large block players start going long again on weakness......

AMAT's MFI has already turned up, after bottoming two days ago. Note how the stock really couldn't sell off in the afternoon panic.

The Money Flow Index is a volume-weighted relative strength index ... similar in concept to Joe Granville's On-Balance Volume, but supposedly calculated trade-by-trade instead of daily.

Given its construction, I don't see any reason why MFI couldn't be pegged near zero and held there indefinitely.

In the chart below, MFI fell under 20 in mid-September and stayed there for a month, while the price chart in the upper panel got annihilated. TA victims who bought on the alleged 'Dover Sole' MFI in mid-September were savaged.

c25-2.gif

source: http://www.chartfilter.com/reports/c25_files/c25-2.gif

Ain't no such thing as 'Dover Sole' in a bear market. Oscillators such as MFI can get pegged in strong trends. They work best in rangebound markets, not strong trends.

:ph34r: Death to the Naz! :ph34r:

Archived