B4 The Bell, Moonday,October 11

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LINK There are American Pols who know what is happening and tell it like it is. This is the BEST piece ever written on what lies ahead-Dear God! You MUST read this!

It's obvious why this information isn't covered. This kind of truth is what causes riots and government overthrows. Both sides have know about these problems for 30 years, because the government statisticians crank this stuff out every day for entertainment.

There is no doubt in my mind that the extensive confiscation that will be required to sustain the entitlement programs will be rejected by the public. All generations will be screwed, especially the young. They will be locked into paying for things they will never receive in their lives. It'll be like lighting your money on fire.

We have got to get above the blue line in order for shrub to have a chance on re-election (based on history). No, I do not consider the DOW to be the market but, the sheeple do.

Funny, I was looking at the monthly DJIA, last night.

You'd think after just completing 221 hours of work in 24 daze, I would have something better to occupy my time. :rolleyes:

My half ass conclusion, be prepared for the drama, because which ever way it breaks, it should do it & not look back. Honestly, wouldn't be surprised to see it go north. Things are overheated, especially in the shipping arena. BWTFDIK.

With heating oil so short on supply, I'm thinking propane will rally. Propane is far more short on supply then heating oil. Add some new demand to the picture and propane could really explode higher.

It's all too funny to think that most all folks think this is just a short term situation.

Sorry, but were maxed out!

;)

With heating oil so short on supply, I'm thinking propane will rally. Propane is far more short on supply then heating oil. Add some new demand to the picture and propane could really explode higher.

It's all too funny to think that most all folks think this is just a short term situation.

Sorry, but were maxed out!

;)

Business has been brained washed by our government and media into thinking peak oil is a temporary situation, and therefore they have held back passing along increased energy costs for fear of reversing retail price increases later. Take away strong earnings from the energy sector, and year over year earnings for most companies are only holding about the same as a year ago - mostly because of layoffs, outsourcing, and financial zaitsu.

Outside of a significant recession, energy problems are just not going to go away.

Gas last week was about $2.06 to $2.07 per gallon. Today I noticed that it increased at a lot of stations to about $2.17 to $2.19. Some stations have not yet posted the increase, so it appears. I passed a couple of higher priced stations and filled up at $2.07 even though my tank was half full. Looks like the public is about to get more pumped up. :wink2:

Gas last week was about $2.06 to $2.07 per gallon. Today I noticed that it increased at a lot of stations to about $2.17 to $2.19. Some stations have not yet posted the increase, so it appears. I passed a couple of higher priced stations and filled up at $2.07 even though my tank was half full. Looks like the public is about to get more pumped up. :wink2:

$2.67 premium here in San Francisco. Do you guys know that many European cars require premium gas? The ECUs are programmed to burn higher octane gas.

...warning NON-PARTISAN political rant:

... we are not supposed to have a real choice.

...  your vote has been reduced to an almost meaningless charade, unless of course it is a very close state, then it will be rendered meaningless and not counted if you voted for the "wrong" side. 

the movement to have a large group go to a small state and take it over have my vote... i think they are on the right track, the rest of us and just pissing in the wind and calling names.... there will be no change, it is not allowed, it is not an option.

Comrade TB, you are wrong again - listen to your husband, he is right with the left:lol: ever hear of FDR?

PB-

your vote has been reduced to an almost meaningless charade

Sadly, yes. By so many mechanisms, refined to the status of high art. I have come to regard my vote as rendered largely irrelevant in terms of supporting real change, tho I have no intention of sitting out. My approach to not surrendering to hopelessness/ powerlessness has been to put maximum effort into joining with others of similar (not identical) views & values, largely ignoring parties & candidates with the attendant noise & content-poor policies... work for change at a lower level, in an attempt to end-run the massive but not so agile power structures that appear to have a lock on the status quo.

An endeavor I wouldn't expect to see results from before I'm dust. Confronting the existing power structure head on seems futile/ suicidal. Find out where there are gross imbalances (koyanisquaatsi), nudge, pry, try to aid forces restorative to balance- kind of an ecological/ biological approach. Everyone should have a hobby... Don't see any big sticks at hand- so I try to carry a sharp one, plant seeds.

the movement to have a large group go to a small state and take it over have my vote... i think they are on the right track,...

To what do you refer? Noticing I'm a bit dense tonight :P . Curious...

I saw a documentary tonight called "The Corporation". I highly recommend it. It was a thought provoking examination of the institution known as "the corporation" and the effect it has on government, the environment, social relationships, human health, the democratic process, etc, etc. One of the best documentaries I have seen in a long time.

Gas last week was about $2.06 to $2.07 per gallon.? Today I noticed that it increased at a lot of stations to about $2.17 to $2.19.? Some stations have not yet posted the increase, so it appears.? I passed a couple of higher priced stations and filled up at $2.07 even though my tank was half full.? Looks like the public is about to get more pumped up. :wink2:

$2.67 premium here in San Francisco. Do you guys know that many European cars require premium gas? The ECUs are programmed to burn higher octane gas.

I mentioned the SF prices this weekend. Where do you live Agent? I'm in the Marina district.

I can attest to the premium gas requirement. I was leasing a Boxster when I first moved here. So glad to be rid of that financial drain! I take the bus to work now. :blink:

jstrack,

Noticed fuel took a bit of a leap here as well in recent weeks...we usually pay about .90c a litre,this weekend it was $1.05 per litre,down south it was $1.17 per litre...thats got be hurting some people.

Dont know why its taken so long for the Oil companies to pass on the rise to the consumers...they have never been backwards in jacking up fuel in the past.

Transport companies in this large country would really be feeling the pinch.

I mentioned the SF prices this weekend. Where do you live Agent? I'm in the Marina district.

I can attest to the premium gas requirement. I was leasing a Boxster when I first moved here. So glad to be rid of that financial drain! I take the bus to work now. :blink:

Outer Sunset. I take Muni everywhere. I do not have a car since an idiot driver rear-ended me in 2001. It saves tons of money, no insurance, no gas. But then I have a Lotus Elise on order, so I will be paying $3 per gallon gas next year.

Brisbane Bear, someone here indicated that contracts for gasoline at older prices were in effect until sometime in September. After the expiration of those contracts, gasoline prices were able to begin their ascent. It feels strange to fill up the tank and pay so much. The real impact of higher oil prices will now really begin to bite.....the consumer in the rear end (wallet, of course). :grin:

I think Kerry will win eventually but I see it going to the Supreme Court again. Doesn't matter tho -there would be a Sayonora Rally if Kerry wins until the realization sets in that he has just been named Capt. of the Titanic!

well if CS is any gauge, then Kerrey wins... just too many disgusted conservatives.

Pee Brain Swizzle Stick Poll declares Kerrey the WINNER - 10/11/2004.

Archived