B4 The Bell Thursday September 9

Guy in the pit on Crapvision says dollar recovered yesterday and so expects equities up- what planet is he on? Dollar collapsed with the vapors yesterday after Greensin's talk and is under sedation in the sanatorium. How can these commentators allow the disinformation???

Bum

Was just typing that and you beat me to it...

crapvision hits new lows everyday

If any of the hosts had half a clue the mistake would of been caught immediately.

To allow that kind of erroneous reporting is beyond my scope of comprehension.

The dollar got crushed 1% yesterday. If that pit trader really wasn't aware of such it speaks volumes as to how these bozos trade and then to put him on NATIONAL television making such claims tells us much about the due diligence done by Crapvision..

Still no correction forthcoming.

LOWER AND LOWER AND LOWER

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stoolwethers Update

1 year charts with cycle projections and intermediate targets.

C

JPM

FNM

GE

GM

WMT

PG

MMM

MSFT

INTC

CSCO

DELL

AMZN

IBM

EBAY

Today's Stoolwethers update. Take a subscribatory and download 'em RIGHT NOW!

30 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $16.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!

jobless claims down 44k. why do i even bother.

the at all cost bush campaign in full force

Don't you see, the first hurricane caused an unexpected rise in unemployment claims while the second hurricane caused an unexpected fall in claims. The third hurricane should cause no change in claims. Of course the late Labor Day also could have caused a rise in claims but in this case contirbuted to a decline. Of course we have the "seasonal factor", it was either too warm or too cold to lay people off or perhaps there wasn't sufficient salt and pepper available.

Two comments about employment. First, if the lay-off affects less that 50 people there is no reporting requirement. Secondly people who exhaust their benefits and then are rehired ususally are not eligible for benefits again until they have rebuilt their "fund". In other words if you ran out your funds and then worked for somebody for 90 days (likely varies by state) and then were laid off again, you cannot draw unemployment bennies. I wonder how many people have experienced that?

Odd that quite a few chip companies specifically mentioned "communication chips" in their projection shortfalls and Nokia heads the other way. I think they found a new pipe to stuff.

Huge booms and the debt builds that accompany them, are followed by huge busts and huge debt repudiation. We had the "hugest" boom known to mankind and I don't care how you cut it, our debt levels in any measure have surpassed all previous records. The bust will come regardless of the size or number of printing presses available. There are things at work that are outside of the control of the feed, the government and all the king's men. Busts are always unexpected and occur from high levels of economic activity. Our economy has wobbled around for four years now as they have continued to try and reinflate it. All of the trillions poured into that project have not even resulted in stabilizing the economy because it can't. Quite the opposite, the more they pump, the more imbalanced and unstable the system becomes. They continue to delude themselves with falsified data and erroneous explanations and expectations derived from the bad data. They will be as surprised as the sheeple when the bust hits. They don't have a clue as to what is going on in the real world as they continue to live in the little world they have created. I seriously doubt they can hold it together until the end of the year. Just as no concrete explanation for the first Great Depression has ever been accepted, 100 years from now they won't have one for this one either. Economics is not a science - it fails that test in many aspects. You're just as likely to get the correct answer form a Gypsy with a crystall ball as you are from any one economist. If you put a bunch of economists together you will get the same answer from all of them - they cannot stray from consensus. Peer review would squash any deviations that challenged the status quo.

How can these commentators allow the disinformation???

they are the incubator of disinformation. just like the govt, they are in biz to serve up lies

joe k just said TXN lowered the midpoint of the revenue range. not a completely lie, but more than a little misleading - the top of the new range is the bottom of the old range.

Good Morning Crew- Yup the Baloney on Crapvision is reaching new limits-didja see the guy from Fusionary trading in the Futures pit with the wild hair and the would you like a green one or a red one-wired look! Window at the Bell for 45 minutes I expect a one way day so the way she opens is the way she closes-Helmets on, Buckle Up! ;)

the real exchange market is at a point that defies description - you have to see it to believe it. im looking at buying a resort condo/duplex and maybe a couple of homes. i have an offer on a restaurant-apt project in a small city, but it scares me. the tax hit of 25% plus taxes on depreciation are just too much. something has really changed, the price on stuff almost dont matter, like people can print money. i might buy a vacation condo or home and pay taxes on some of it.

i tend to agree with most of Yobob1's points and i can tell you a fall from here is gonna be brutal... i fear the unexpected.

best of luck to stoolies in FL. the world rushing to out aid has been touching.

They continue to delude themselves with falsified data and erroneous explanations and expectations derived from the bad data.  They will be as surprised as the sheeple when the bust hits.  They don't have a clue as to what is going on in the real world as they continue to live in the little world they have created.

An article by George L. Paulos amplifies on your theme, yobob.

He didn't believe the government's CPI numbers, so he did the detailed homework and calculated his own price change index for the past 36 years.

His compound inflation rate for the period was 5.96%, vs. the CPI's 4.71%. Sounds trivial, but the "magic of compounding" expands that 1.25% annual difference into a huge gap.

Then applying his own inflation index to the raw (current dollar) CPI and wage data, he gets into the truly ugly stuff. Per capita real economic growth over 36 years was FLAT (up 3% total, during the whole 36 years).

But since more people are working now (higher labor force participation), the "per worker" figures are worse than the "per capita" figures. "Per worker" real wages actually fell by a horrific 30% over the 36-year period.

This is one of the best articles I have read this year. Paulos takes a "hands on" approach in sufficient detail to be realistic, and derives basic "facts of economic life" that we NEVER hear from official sources.

Share this article with friends and family. They deserve to know.

An alternative inflation index

Archived