World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Desultory deployment

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=AU%3AXAO&uf=

http://bigcharts.mar...com/default.asp

All Ords closed with a small gain, +0.2%.  Sectors ranged from Energy +1.2%, Miners/Materials +1% down to Consumer Staples -1.2%.

Over in Asia, China +0.3%, Hong Kong +0.5%, Japan -0.5%, India currently +1.3%.

On to UK/Europe:

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=UK%3AUKX&uf=

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=DX%3ADAX&uf=

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=FR%3APX1&uf=

http://bigcharts.mar...com/default.asp

My argument has been just the opposite. Bear markets in both. 

Ultimately it's the debt market that counts.  That's the big one.  Well if the long term trend is up with rates. If there still is a 'market' that is. 

Lee, are you getting any traction with your new gig?  The absolute mindlessness of all the commentary about how the "Fed raises rates", without ever mentioning the balance sheet reduction,       oh well, no sense preaching to the choir, of 3 or whatever it is. 

My argument has been just the opposite. Bear markets in both. 

I think you are spot on. That would be the biggest surprise and the least expected event for most investors.

This is a great article as well from Doug Kass.

http://www.realclearmarkets.com/articles/2017/10/25/volatility_may_be_the_worlds_only_undervalued_asset_class_102944.html

Coincides with Lee's analysis of the liquidity being pulled from the system.

This sets up for a perfect storm.

Ultimately it's the debt market that counts.  That's the big one.  Well if the long term trend is up with rates. If there still is a 'market' that is. 

Lee, are you getting any traction with your new gig?  The absolute mindlessness of all the commentary about how the "Fed raises rates", without ever mentioning the balance sheet reduction,       oh well, no sense preaching to the choir, of 3 or whatever it is. 

I don't know what the numbers are. They don't tell me. I walked in and took over an already well established newsletter with hundreds of thousands of subscribers. The original guy, Michael Lewitt was a super bear. So the list is sympatico. I think you'll like today's piece to be posted around 5 PM. 

https://suremoneyinvestor.com/

The debt market counts mostly because rising yields will shut down the mortgage market and send home prices lower. There's a lot of leverage tied to mortgage rates. 

But stocks are just as important as debt. The idea that the debt markets are much bigger isn't right. A stock market decline that triggers margin calls would be a fucking disaster. 

The debt market counts mostly because rising yields will shut down the mortgage market and send home prices lower. There's a lot of leverage tied to mortgage rates. 

But stocks are just as important as debt. The idea that the debt markets are much bigger isn't right. A stock market decline that triggers margin calls would be a fucking disaster. 

RIght but for 30 years stock market declines have been the cause of bond market rallies, as i see it. All the hot money and proceeds for stock sales go into the debt market. Can it be different this time, or ever. Even you are saying, I think, that interest rates across to board could be facing a secular bear market or at least a significant correction. But if the latter will there ever be a secular turn up in rates. If there is then as the old wag here once said, When interest rates rise everything changes. If rates are really going up then of necessity stocks will fall. 

I know the above is sort of circular, hope you get my drift.

Archived