Moment Of Truth

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PDoody, it's the same - but obviously TradeStation (which is what Rock uses) multiplies it by 100. Otherwise the chart formation look is the same and the crosses with the zero line happen at the same time. Note that I charted only TRIX(9) - the light blue line on Rock's chart - and that the time period on my chart is slightly shorter than his. He also has TRIX(3) - magenta line - on the same chart pane. PCQuote can't do that, but it can add TRIX(3) on a separate pane.

Regards,

Vesselin

Rock, thanks for the illustration. They sure failed to prop it up for long, though, eh? ;)

PDoody, if you're still around, you can use PCQuote to chart the TRIX:

ChartEngine?symbol=comp&pri=&intr=10,60&type=1&height=450&width=600&indicator=46,9,0,0;&nodata=&skin=pcquote&.gif

Regards,

Vesselin

TRIX for Traders (also kids)

Make sure you read this chart in comparsion to Bontchevs. Bontchevs had a 9 period TRIX. I have tried to equal Bontchevs chart for the time period. I dont know what bar interval is used for his, but mine is a 60 minute (his looks also like a 60 minute). The is a vertical exaggeration in my chart....should have made it small and therefore less exaggeration....but the charts are the same. Follow my cyan colored line to match Bontchevs TRIX line....detailed below.

Here is a chart with 3 TRIX indicators. This is my normal setup for TRIX. Other indicators have been removed for sake of clarity.

The TRIX inputs are as follows....

3 period TRIX is in pink

9 period TRIX is in cyan (this is comparable to Bontchevs chart above)

12 period TRIX is yellow.

Be sure you note that the "zero line" for each TRIX period corresponds to the indicators color. Also note the zero level is slightly different for each TRIX period. Sometimes, depending on whats happening, all three zero lines will be right on top of one another, other times, and as shown by this chart, they will be "off" and "seperated". I consider above zero to be strong buying, but the direction has to be sloping upwards. ABove zero and heading down is not strong buying. Reverse it for the downside.

In my general plan of using TRIX...I think about going long when the pink TRIX crosses above the cyan TRIX and really start thinking about it if the cyan TRIX crosses above the yellow TRIX. I think about getting out of a long position when the pink drops below the cyan and I better be out when the cyan drops below the pink. This is a rough guide and needs to be confirmed with my other indicators. Subjectivity exists in the interpretation and overall pattern. Nothing is cast in stone.

I also use the TRIX indicator to spot divergences with price. If I see lower highs in the TRIX and the price is rising, I think about closing longs. Same thing on the short side....if I see higher lows on the TRIX but price is falling, I would think about covering shorts.

Hope this helps those of you interested in TRIX.

post-3-1039819373_thumb.jpg

Covered my QQQ 200% short at the close for yet another NICE profit $$ wise.... this was yet another good week for the E Waver Simple Guy.

Gaps should fill at 975 on NDX, 24.55 on QQQ's.... I however never try to be so cute as to catch every bottom etc...

Covered my QQQ 200% short at the close for yet another NICE profit $$ wise.... this was yet another good week for the E Waver Simple Guy.

Gaps should fill at 975 on NDX, 24.55 on QQQ's.... I however never try to be so cute as to catch every bottom etc...

SG.....what's with the 1:46 late post! :angry: We want real time notification of buys and sells. :D

Between you and me....I think we're right. :wink2: Monday is not a big down day IMO. For the short term trader....doversole on too many chart periods says.....caution with short term shorts. But again....we could be wrong! heh heh

Like your calls, but I cant follow those wave things for my life! Keep posting em!

Roc, yes, it's a 60-min-per-bar chart - I saw that this was what you have used, so I used the same.

Apparently, PCQuote does let you draw all the 3 TRIXes on the same pane.

ChartEngine?symbol=comp&pri=&intr=8,60&type=4&height=450&width=555&indicator=46,9,0,0;46,3,0,0;46,12,0,0;&.gif

The main problems are that:

1) The user interface doesn't give you good enough control of how many days you want on the chart. The choice closest to yours is 10 trading days. However, I have figured out how to manipulate the URL of the image to get a shorter period which is exactly equal to yours - 8 trading days; see the above chart.

2) The proportions of the chart are different; that's why the TRIX indicator "looks" different. I can manipulate the sizes of the whole image - but I cannot extend only the size of the indicator pane or change the proportion between the two panes. But, again, if you folks look closely, you'll see that on the above chart the various TRIXes cross the zero line at exactly the same time as on Rock's chart.

Oh, and BTW, the above charts that I have posted are "live".

Regards,

Vesselin

OK, I can't modify the proportions of the indicator pane - but I can get an image of the indicator pane only. So, I can resize that to the proportions I want, and post it below another image, of the price pane only, with no indicators:

ChartEngine?symbol=comp&intr=8,60&type=4&height=330&width=550&pri=&.gif

ChartEngine?symbol=comp&intr=8,60&type=1&height=230&width=550&indicator=46,9,0,0;46,3,0,0;46,12,0,0;&.gif

Better? ;)

Regards,

Vesselin

OK, I can't modify the proportions of the indicator pane - but I can get an image of the indicator pane only. So, I can resize that to the proportions I want, and post it below another image, of the price pane only, with no indicators:

image deleted...

Regards,

Vesselin

Bontchev....

You are the master! You always go that extra mile. Top notch stuff.

However, if you just get Tradestation you can plot exactly what I have! :D

Alternately, you should just import your first image into a graphic program and tweak it. I think your first charts bottom pane has to be vertically exaggerated by 23.6% or was that 38.2% to match mine. If that doesnt work, I am sure you could take a 3 cycle day and attach 61.8% of a 13 week cycle to it to give a close approximation, If its still off a tad, I think you might have to add the square root of CSCOs 4:13.21 trade print for the fluff factor. That should just about do it. :grin:

You guys taking this stuff down? It wont be repeated.

Good weekend to all.

You are the master!

[blush] Thanks! :wub:

However, if you just get Tradestation you can plot exactly what I have!

Yeah, but it's quite expensive, while the above site is free. Also, the images you post are "still", while my charts are "live". :P

Alternately, you should just import your first image into a graphic program and tweak it.

Same problem - it will be a "still" image then. Besides, I was just having fun. B)

Good weakend to you too.

Regards,

Vesselin

Guest BEARDRECH

dok,rockhead et al

please,for the sake of us chromatic dunderheads could we agree on a national stoolie color standard?? I mean whenever i try to follow those spider webs on the charts i'm always reading the e.g the 10d stok is cerulean blue,the 2 yr argentinian bronze beneath the roi lapuz lazulie chartreuse line denotes a sell when the 33 hour piebald pink crossover geht herunter the astrologian green and so kaleidoscopically on until i feel like a trapped blind man in a library without a sense of braille--

i used to respect the difference of sensitivity to color by the rods and cones of men and woman but in this joint its like the show at the museum of modern art exhibiting masters of surrealism,with anarchical distribution of real images and symbols on a 2 dimensional plane-- I know iknow youre thinking why cant ou get up to speed so as to enable us to start conversing with you in an intelligible manner--i respect that demand and am trying but a few footnotes amplifying the acronyms wouldnt hurt---

and and and if you do this for me i promise to give each one of you a new car when my gold pays off--

beardrech

Why am i so excited ?wouldntyou be if someone put paperika in your jockstrap????

Archived