Quarter ends like it begins

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Monster seller right at the bell,but bully wins again......

Well, it looks like the Nasdaq closed a smidgen higher for the week, so its streak of 13 green weeks is still going, FWIW.

I had to correct this. I thought at first that it was down. These little smidgens of differences each week are hard to see on the weekly chart, even though some days there is this big drama about the change on that particular day.

To me, that statistic of looking at the number of weeks with a positive close is odd, because it includes slightly green closes and slightly red closes, which mean very little. Now if the Nasdaq went up, or down 2% or more per week for a number of weeks in a row, that would be a meaningful statistic to me.

ES AH got back the 1.5 points it lost in the closing seconds and even moved up a smidge.

Insult to injury for bears,they can't stop this thing at all....I am expecting triple digit gains on Monday as it is first of the month. :glare:

But I think this may stop Monday afternoon and we start back down a bit,in the last 2+ weeks we only managed to move up about a percent or less.

Untouchable Pensions May Be Tested in California

For Calpers, the prospect of a California city in Federal Bankruptcy Court portends a potential test of the constitutional mandate that federal law trumps state laws — in particular, the state laws that protect public workers’ pensions in California. Such a challenge could blow a hole in what experts consider the most airtight pension protections anywhere.

The pension contributions that cities must make every year are rising, but their revenue, which often depends on property taxes, is not keeping up. Taxed-out residents, many of whom have lost their own pensions in the private sector, are unwilling to pay more.

Let's hope for a NICE GAP and go on Monday for GDX.

I will sell into that.

No change on my ES and NQ shorts. Taking on quite a bit of water, but recently gold, gdx, apple option trading have ease a bit of the pain.

Good luck, Madness. And thanks for all your charts and perspectives that you share here.

Archived