Parlous perambulations

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is funny. The news broke last night by ZeroCred, who also claims that George (of the Jungle) Friedman, the vaunted expert in Intelligence, has resigned as CEO.

Oh, the eye roni.

Doc... Doc... Doc....

You're trusting an outfit you've aptly named, "Zero Cred" as your source for things now?

I'm assuming the accuracy of this:

While the emails WikiLeaks has published show all the signs of being authentic, that follow-up “leak” of Friedman’s resignation email does not. In an email, a Stratfor spokesperson says Friedman hasn’t resigned. The company echoed that fact in a statement published Monday morning. “Under the continued leadership of founder and Chief Executive Officer George Friedman, Stratfor will not be silenced and will continue to publish the geopolitical analysis our friends and subscribers have come to rely upon.”

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenberg/2012/02/27/leak-check-stratfors-ceo-hasnt-resigned-after-wikileaks-release/

Doc... Doc... Doc....

You're trusting an outfit you've aptly named, "Zero Cred" as your source for things now?

I'm assuming the accuracy of this:

http://www.forbes.co...ileaks-release/

No, in the statement "who also claims that George (of the Jungle) Friedman, the vaunted expert in Intelligence, has resigned as CEO, " I was only stating that they were the first to have the story of Wikileaks publishing the emails. I didn't mean to imply that I thought that their claim about Friedman was true or not true, only that they were claiming it.

I do follow their Twitter stream, and it's brilliantly funny at times, and they often break news ahead of anyone else, reuters, FT, and other news services. Normally they beat by a few seconds. If you follow FT's top guys on Twitter, they usually are right there with confirmation. Reuters is a close second. The guys I watch most closely are Peter Spiegel, Chris Adams, and Pedro LaCosta.

Archived