HedgeHogs Grassoed

Need stoolies help....I am unable to access Capitalstool on my laptop...which runs mac os x...every time I try to log on I get an error from Apache saying that I dont have access to the cgi bin? Any ideas....Im using a linksys wireless router and it worked fine last weekend to get the stool

ok, you had me stumped for nearly 10 minutes..

for anyone to see the msg, use the dns 'address' for www.capitalstool.com of

http://69.57.132.76/

what doc didn't know until now (i'm guessing) is he doesn't have his "own" ip for capitalstool.com, but shares it with many others.

the ip is 'actually" ns1.wadoo.net, info is:

Server Name: NS1.WADOO.NET

IP Address: 69.57.146.43

Registrar: GO DADDY SOFTWARE, INC.

Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com

Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com

results: the computers both of you are using are using a dns caching program that attempts to look up capital stool using the previously stored ip. Since that IP is used by more than one WEB SITE, the only way apache can tell what web site the user (us) wants to view is to see the referral name passed with the request for html code (in this case "capitalstool.com". Apache reads this from the header that we send via the url of www.capitalstool.com, and makes the html fetch request from the server directory for capitalstool.com. If someone else is using the same server company, (example www.bettycrocker.com), then apache would read that and send the html from the bettycrocker directory.

FIX: disable cache services for capitalstool.com.

ano

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tonight's service interruptions were probably caused by the migration to the new server which took place tonight.

Downsizing, you know. :wink2:

Everything should be fine now. Although the new server has a Celeron processor and an IDE hard drive as opposed to dual SCSI's, it has 1 Gig of memory vs. 512 megs. So the performance difference should be negligible. If you have any problems, please email me, and we will track them down in the AM.

Many tanks for your support!

Doc

MWH-yes I'm on cable and had the same message-but it's ok now-Bearman-not so! fair value is 1038.37 that puts SPOO'S 10 points below fair value-MAJOR HIT! Trade Safe!

you just have to love the 10 below fair value. It's been a while since we've seen that over a friday to monday weekend. some hedgies may take monday as their day to go 'boom'.

also, if gold keeps rising at the same time, I'll be whole in bearx in no time.

I could see an actual, real live CRASH tomorrow. We'll see.

If that happened, you wouldn't see any complaints around here, that's for sure. :D I'm not sure what the odds are of a major decline right now, but, as I posted on Stooltrading on Friday pm, there are some similarities right now to the low-vix opex of July 1998.

I was looking at the weekly charts, and realized that the week of July 17, 1998 closed with what appeared to me to be an across the board bullish outlook:

post-7-1064198505.gif

http://toolbar.google.com/

will allow all popups from site you are on (example doc's popups, links we hit that open a new window) but will not allow other sites to popup.

for example, www.bigcharts.com, gives you a popup virtually every page change, the toolbar from google blocks all of those links. you can override to see something that doesn't open by holding control or hitting the blocked button tonight on 5 sites it has blocked 41 popups.

price: free, and doesn't interfere with doc's site :)

Lost a post (probably went to cyber heaven) about the talking heads spinning the rise in the price of gold as seasonal jewelry demand.

I usually say what I want cause no one ever listens to me anyway.

Whadda I Do,

You told me what to do, so I have forwarded Your post(no 432)to my day trade friend, he bought AMD @ 12.00 & sold at 12.8. very happy. Thanks,

Whadda I Do Whadda I Do Posted: Sep 14 2003, 12:39 PM

I am really liking AMD here. Another dip would be a buy for me. Hope it doesn't just continue up, yet.

Archived