The Full Monti

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The published number is lousy. Because most of it is aircraft which were puchased many years ago and are just being shipped; and/or are the result of the Iraq war. Real demand for Durable Goods is low.

Bet the stock market goes down on that number.

Not the worst of the story--in order to make the number as good as they publish, they had to fake it; they took some of the January number and pushed it forward (adjusting January down).

The published number is lousy. Because most of it is aircraft which were puchased many years ago and are just being shipped; and/or are the result of the Iraq war. Real demand for Durable Goods is low.

Bet the stock market goes down on that number.

Not the worst of the story--in order to make the number as good as they publish, they had to fake it; they took some of the January number and pushed it forward (adjusting January down).

Watch MYG (Maytag)

I've still got tears running down my cheeks...really Al, you've got to let me catch my breath...you're killing me here...61%...man, my sides are killing me...that's a good one...61%!!!

Damn you're funny!

Remember when when you were a kid in church and couldn't stop laughing during the silent prayer?

It's that bad!

61%?

BWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHAAAAAAA!!!

Morning Crew-the PIG flies alone at the open-slight upward bias-shouldn't hold. Just after the durable goods orders came out Sqwauk Box had on Peter Jastrow of Mann Financial-who has called like it is before-Peter said "the markets are in free fall here-with no support till 9900 and 1070." as they cut to a commercial the sound of truncheons hitting flesh could be heard! ;)

WASHINGTON (Dow Jones)--New-home sales defied anal cysts' expectations and rose in February, climbing to the highest level in six months amid falling interest rates.

Demand for single-family homes increased 5.8% to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 1.163 million, the Commerce Department said Wednesday. It was the highest level since August's 1.190 million.

January new-home sales were revised to show a 1.1% drop from an earlier estimated 1.7% fall. The overall level of home sales for that month was revised to a 1.099 million annual rate from 1.106 million.

December sales advanced 2.5% to 1.111 million, revised up from an earlier reported rise of 1.3% to 1.125 million.

The February level of sales was higher than Wall Street expectations. A Dow Jones Newswires-Crapvision survey of 23 economists predicted sales would sink a modest 0.5% to a 1.100 million annual rate in last month.

Dow Jones Newswires

Archived