Top Or Bottom?

[ "If the nation escalates to "red alert," which is the highest in the color-coded readiness against terror, you will be assumed by authorities to be the enemy if you so much as venture outside your home, the state's anti-terror czar says." ]

Well now look at the fine mess you've gotten us into. Do we have interment camps for rebelling serfs too?

Anti-terror czar. Look on the bright side, at lest the serfs have a Potemkin stock market to admire.

Is red alert bullish is all I want to know.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A couple things about this war the market is not going to like.

Saddam is a vicious mass murderer leading a gang of 30,000 secret police. His closest inner circle, including his sons are maddog killers. His army may not fight, but he will use chemical weapons, and a bunch of American young men and women are going to get killed going into Baghdad.  The war will not be over in a week.  

Not to mention what they may be able to pull off here in the US.

When the market realizes it, it's not going to like it.  Institutions buying stocks in the face of this likelihood are clear proof of the mindless depravity of Wall Street.  

I pray that I am wrong and that everything goes far better than anyone can imagine.  One way or another, when the rally ends, it will end with a bang.

Doc, I thought you weren't a religious man. :P

Seriously I think this will go alot smoother than people think for our troops. My concern is for Iraqi civilians. When he releases his chemical weapons they are the ones that are likely to suffer. At least our troops are quasi protected, the civilians are not.

All this being said, I still think they are gonna sell this war, either at the start or shortly after, regardless of the outcome.

The military equation is so lopsided, one must think Hussein would HAVE to have a trick or two. He is too smart to simply lead lemmings to slaughter, and has no religious claim to Salvation. If one asks what his true purpose/motivations are, it becomes EXTREMELY terrifying. And I'm sure HE has an escape route (not the dirt meal kind, either).

The military equation is so lopsided, one must think Hussein would HAVE to have a trick or two. He is too smart to simply lead lemmings to slaughter, and has no religious claim to Salvation. If one asks what his true purpose/motivations are, it becomes EXTREMELY terrifying. And I'm sure HE has an escape route (not the dirt meal kind, either).

He's going to be using poison gas, biological weapons (22,000 gallons of anthrax), and who knows what else. And as far as his "religious claim to Salvation," he has all kinds of mystical beliefs that he is Nebuchadnezzar reincarnated and will restore the ancient empire. I expect that a lot of Iraqis will surrender quickly, but do not underestimate what can happen if he is able to retain enough loyalists so that he can execute his plan. He has had years to develop tactics, and many months to fine-tune and get ready for implementation, and he's pretty much been handed a timetable and attack plan.

Do not underestimate what this guy can do.

EDIT: Nikkei has gone positive and is back over 8000.

Aussiebear, where are you? Hiding under the house with the chooks?

He's going to be using poison gas, biological weapons (22,000 gallons of anthrax), and who knows what else. And as far as his "religious claim to Salvation," he has all kinds of mystical beliefs that he is Nebuchadnezzar reincarnated and will restore the ancient empire. I expect that a lot of Iraqis will surrender quickly, but do not underestimate what can happen if he is able to retain enough loyalists so that he can execute his plan. He has had years to develop tactics, and many months to fine-tune and get ready for implementation, and he's pretty much been handed a timetable and attack plan.

Do not underestimate what this guy can do.

EDIT: Nikkei has gone positive and is back over 8000.

Aussiebear, where are you? Hiding under the house with the chooks?

This coming war has one thing in common with all previous wars.

No one has any idea how it will play out.

And, like the market, all predicitions will proven wrong.

Stooltown has become ghost-town. Stoolies had been run out of the market and blown out of the water - all in a space of just FOUR trading days.

Last night M2M had about 6000 views (which was below average). Tonight only 3000. This has to be of some significance.

oh folks, it is now 6 o clock in trhe morning, birds are freakin out and i too :lol:

Had at least 1.5 liter of coffee, and some cigarrettes, surprisingly no Asprin was needed - till now B)

8 more hours to go, than i have to visit "a students best friend" - the copy-shop owner :lol: :lol:

seriously: Never ever do i want to do this again, what i did in last couple of days, till saturday i wasnt even out da house, i sweat and i am totaly exhausted, it is a pain. Next time better time management is needed, to write 80 pages in just a few days is just insane.........

:( :( :(

I don't want to fight with my friends but war is NOT about guns, guts and glory it's about blood, sweat and tears. A lot who served did so because they were DRAFTED and had no choice. What has set us apart from Petty tyrants is we have taken the first blow and responded as a unified world against the tin pot dictators. This TIME is different-May God Bless us all! Trade safe!

oh folks, it is now 6 o clock in trhe morning, birds are freakin out and i too :lol:

Had at least 1.5 liter of coffee, and some cigarrettes, surprisingly no Asprin was needed - till now B)

8 more hours to go, than i have to visit "a students best friend" - the copy-shop owner :lol: :lol:

seriously: Never ever do i want to do this again, what i did in last couple of days, till saturday i wasnt even out da house, i sweat and i am totaly exhausted, it is a pain. Next time better time management is needed, to write 80 pages in just a few days is just insane.........

:( :( :(

Having been there myself twice (Master and Ph.D.), I can certainly sympathize.

Best of luck in wrapping it up!

Archived