B4 The Belll Frieday October 22

How long do you think, before the flu becomes a weapon of the terrorists? Would be a lot easier to use than anthrax, and could do a lot of damage. I have talked to people who survived the flu that killed so many during World War I. Compelling stories! I don't think we've had a flu like that since, so were due.

If you mean how long before the terrorists in the CIA, FBI, NSA, military unintelligence, the Bush junta, etc., begin using the flu as a terror weapon, I'd say the fear hyped up over the vaccine shortage qualifies as a terrorist strategy. Otherwise, you have to define terrorist. How could low tech, cave dwellers immunize their own population and genetically design a flu bug to wipe out masses of the west. A flu pandemic would be worldwide and just as likely to kill terrorists, their families, and those for whom they murder. Much more likely that the elites/oligarchs/plutocrats would be behind a targeted, designer flu release.

The instrument of the "Great Cull" to save the world from expensive non-productive old folk!

One peculiarity of the 1918 "Spanish Flu" was that it killed many young and apparently healthy people(I believe). Likely due to supressed immune systems as a result of the preceding Great War.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In regards to Oil, what is the rationale for Arabia Saudi to pump as much as possible now, knowing that if left as reserves they will be much more valuable in the future?

Nothing, except that maybe there is no reserves :grin:

Last week some information in one of the stool forums indicated that the high sulfur Saudi oil is being refined at the maximum capacity of the industry. More is not needed. Hope this helps. Maybe somebody else remembers who found that info.

Papa: one thing you're missing is that PRICE is set at the MARGINS; not by the bulk numbers.

There is no need for demand to double in order to double the price.

A very very small shift in balance, from excess supply...to excess demand; is all it takes to move PRICE hugely.

Hello Dozer, and welcome back!

Yeah, that last little increment can really get ya sometimes. Who was it who said "My kingdom for a horse."? Now he really understood the value of commodities at the margin.

Thanks for the info on proxomitron. I replied to your message on IDS, but you had already left the board.

Proxomitron sounds like what I am looking for to prevent computer slow-down from different sites ad-bots, as it seems to act as a firewall between the computer and the ad-bot. I did a Google search, and found where I can download it from, but I'm a little concerned about my own ability to install it. Is it fairly idiot proof and installs easily? I'm not very good yet when it comes to computers, but I'm going to give it a try.

Thanks for your help Dozer, and again, Welcome Back!

Brown Sugaro:

My little allergy is nothing compared to your lactose intolerance.Really sorry to hear that.I've been avoiding eggs for 43 years and have gotten quite good at it.Anyway eggs in cakes are not a prob so it's not something that causes me to "re-construct" my daily habits but your allergy does.

Most people, if they choose to bake their own bread, do so out of choice for better flavour etc .You don't have a choice--either home-baked or go without.

Funny how commercial orchard owners seem to be the same the world over.Got a friend here who's dad is an organic goat's milk farmer.But his uncle was a fruit grower--a great believer in the power of the spray.Even in retirement he used to come and offer to spray their non-commercial apple trees just 'cos fruit needs spraying!!! Awful stuff.Once had a job offer to work in a chemical factory producing organo-tin products--declined the offer as the smell there was just too awful.Can't imagine any employee living long enough to collect their pension doing that work!

Scottsdale (e.g.)

ZIP Median$ Pct PCT+

03-04 99-04

85250 231,000 9.5 41.4

85251 210,000 9.9 41.9

85254*305,000 10.9 52.5

85255 499,250 17.2 74.6

85257 169,500 8.2 35.6

85258 394,000 14.2 43.5

85259 525,000 15.4 51.3

85260 349,000 7.8 50.4

85262 485,000 10.2 40.6

Phoenix Home Values

Housing on wild ride

A throng of speculators, new residents, move up buyers and first-timers is snatching up Greater Phoenix homes at a record pace, driving up prices and raising concerns that the market is overheated. The area's relatively low housing prices compared with other cities in the West and steady growth are enticing all these buyers as well as retirees, second-home shoppers and people looking for luxury estates. Low interest rates remain the main driving engine.

Watchers worry that Phoenix could face market bubble

Many hot housing markets in the West have recently peaked and are now seeing sales slide with prices possibly following.

Builders hit with material, labor shortages

Metropolitan Phoenix home builders have been hit by a shortage of steel, workers, lumber and cement. Builders are so concerned about runaway demand and scarce materials that they slowed the release of lots in new subdivisions, with some holding drawings for the right to buy a house.

Many new-home subdivisions keeping investors out

There's another message pasted next to the "for sale" sign at many of metropolitan Phoenix's new-home subdivisions: "No investors."

Far-flung locations are more affordable

As home prices rise across Greater Phoenix, more buyers are heading to far-flung locations in search of more house for their buck.

West Valley comes into its own as premier market

The West Valley is writing a new story line for housing in metropolitan Phoenix. The region that used to languish behind hot growth cities in the East Valley has come into its own as a premier housing market

Another look at prices by ZIP code this year

A full year hasn't passed since The Arizona Republic tracked home prices and sales by ZIP code in the March edition of Valley Home Values. But anecdotes from buyers, sellers, builders, appraisers and real estate agents about bidding wars and investors flipping homes for big profits prompted another look at prices by ZIP code this year.

Mortgage rates expected to inch up

Mortgage rates are expected to inch up later this year and continue the trend into early next year.Most lenders and economists are calling for mortgage rates to climb above 6 percent by the end of the year, and possibly hit 6.5 percent by next spring.

Mortgage rates keep home price low initially

More buyers are betting on housing prices in Greater Phoenix to keep climbing by getting interest-only loans. The adjustable-rate mortgages are being used to purchase everything from million-dollar luxury homes to new homes on Phoenix's fringes.

High demand for luxury homes continues

Players in metropolitan Phoenix's luxury home market say demand for expensive houses is running high despite rising prices and scarce land in desirable neighborhoods.

Sun City resale home prices soaring

Home prices in the original Sun City in the northwest Valley are soaring. Instead of moving to one of the newer developments in the area, baby boomers are buying inexpensive homes in the area's first retirement project at 99th and Grand avenues and fixing them up.

Some of Valley is cold when it comes to home sales

Metropolitan Phoenix's housing cash register isn't ringing in some neighborhoods where prices have either stalled or lost ground. While housing anal cysts fret that fast gains in appreciation could lead to a general market stumble, a handful of spots are struggling.

Apartment developers take breather from building

Arizona's apartment industry has been ailing ever since low interest rates lured its customers away from renting.

Sounds just like Vegas 6 months ago...enter at your own risk.. :lol:

... In the absence of factual and logical support, I have to assume that the claim is baseless. If the Clinton administration awarded a no bid contract to Halliburton, I want to know the facts and circumstances surrounding it. 

Taking contributions from defense contractors is legal, so I assume both parties do it. OK, it smells bad, but this is not the issue you raised.  The issue is that a huge no bid contract was awarded to the vice president's company. This is a gross conflict of interest.

...It doesn't matter anyway. The Repugnicant controlled election supervisors in the battleground states are making sure that enough Democrats can't vote, that the Halliburton-Right Wing Religious Wacko Junta will be reinstalled.

Doc-

I'm on the case- call me Clouseau, 'cause Sherlocks handle is in use- name suits my methods better anyway :P . May take a while, 'cause today I'm solving the oil crisis by fixing the choke on my truck & putting new tires on the bike. Its a murky area- partly b/c the history goes back at least as far as Reagan- in origin, back to Eisenhower era, if his farewell speech is evidence. Way beyond that is the Krupp enterprise history- perhaps the original participants in the military-industrial hog trough....

...The Repugnicant controlled election supervisors in the battleground states are making sure that enough Democrats can't vote...

Volunteered to be a poll watcher as an antidote to my own sour dark feelings about this election- we'll see how that goes <_< .

QUOTE (tradermark @ Oct 24 2004, 12:32 PM)

Doc,

The Clinton administration and no-bid contracts with Halliburton had to do with the war and subsequent peacekeeping in the Balkans. Do some research on US Army Logistics Civil Augmentation Program (LOGCAP).

Simple fact is that close to 50% of Pentagon's prime contracts are awarded without competitive bidding, and that includes the Clinton Administration. Boeing, Lockheed Martin and General Dynamics by far the largest benefactors of program.

Point is it happens all the time so why make such a big deal with respect to Chaney/Halliburton when it is such common practice and both parties do it.

Through July 31st of this year Bush received $5.4 Million in donations from defense contractors and Kerry received $2 Million. Again the point is simple, it is common practice for both parties.

If Kerry and his campaign had fully returned 100% of his $2 Million to various defense contractors then they would have something to bitch about, but until that happens, and we both know it never will, please do not make it an issue.

Tradermark-

You brought this subject up. You made it an issue. Not me. The rule here is that we do not make unsubstantiated charges. If a person makes a charge on this website, I expect it to be substantiated with facts and logic. If you make a claim, it's not up to me to do the research, it's up to you. In the absence of factual and logical support, I have to assume that the claim is baseless. If the Clinton administration awarded a no bid contract to Halliburton, I want to know the facts and circumstances surrounding it.

Taking contributions from defense contractors is legal, so I assume both parties do it. OK, it smells bad, but this is not the issue you raised. The issue is that a huge no bid contract was awarded to the vice president's company. This is a gross conflict of interest.

If you can substantiate this charge, I would only point out the neither Clinton nor Gore had an interest in the company. I find it hard to understand how you would want to defend the administration on this point, even if only to say that the last administration was almost as bad as this one. This is one of one of the most egregious of many egregious breeches of trust by this administration. To say that Kerry would be no better, can't be supported either.

It doesn't matter anyway. The Repugnicant controlled election supervisors in the battleground states are making sure that enough Democrats can't vote, that the Halliburton-Right Wing Religious Wacko Junta will be reinstalled.

Doc,

I would NEVER post anything on these boards if I could not substantiate, never. I have been a paying subscriber to the anals for over three years and value and respect EVERYONE's opinion on this board, and other capitalstool forums in general. BY far the most knowledgable and intelligent people I can find anywhere on the internet are here, and your cycle work is a must read for me everyday.

That it was a gross conflict of interest is non-debatable, I agree with you. The fact is, it was not illegal. Questionable/stupid/irresponsible... yes, but not illegal.

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/richlow...l20030918.shtml

http://www.brendoman.com/honzo/archives/004431.html

There are many more links I could provide but I don't have the time, suffice it to say that the contract was awarded to Halliburton, on a no-bid basis, by the Clinton Administration. The facts are irrefutable.

Do I believe that Cheney had NOTHING to do with that contract, no way!!

This all started when I merely was stating, IMO, that no one could blame Bush for rising oil consumption, hence higher oil prices. And my second point as a follow-up to the original was basically that both parties do the same things, spin them anyway that makes them look like the good guys and the other the bad guys, and that in the end, after the election, nothing will really change. Business as usual.

I only wish that the population at large could have intelligent, un-biased debates, and general conversation with respect to the Federal Reserve System. Now that would be interesting! Sad thing most have no clue how bad they have F'ed things up.

This all started when I merely was stating, IMO, that no one could blame Bush for rising oil consumption, hence higher oil prices. And my second point as a follow-up to the original was basically that both parties do the same things, spin them anyway that makes them look like the good guys and the other the bad guys, and that in the end, after the election, nothing will really change. Business as usual.

I only wish that the population at large could have intelligent, un-biased debates, and general conversation with respect to the Federal Reserve System. Now that would be interesting! Sad thing most have no clue how bad they have F'ed things up.

Ron Paul

Plunger,the parasites are the USuk liberators,the hosts are the Iraqi people. :o

Sorry for not clarifying that better.

That's not opinion,that's a fact,ouch,god bless Merika anyway. :blink:

It's like the Merkin revolution,all over again.

I hear the Saudis may be playing the role of the French this time,that should get the USSA regime change apes all ornery again.

A multi-year,multi-pronged sales promo.Scorched earth will wash all the scum off the streets in the entire ME,that's the final solution,crikey,say it ain't so.

Doc, Oilman John McCain? How about leader of a military counter coup, John McCain? This is a political anamoly that makes no sense whatsoever to anyone who doesn't engage in just a little conjecture of the conspiratorial kind. If there isn't some big big payoff, or he isn't positioning himself to help overthrow the gangsters, then they've got something on him. He definitely doesn't want to be campaigning for Bush. Looks like he wants to barf when he's within inhaling distance of W.

Regarding dollar selloff last Friday, I found this link

MASSIVE SELL OFF OF US DOLLAR: PRELUDE TO AN ATTACK??

It seems something might be "in the works" according to some info that has recently surfaced....First it appears that Russia's Central Bank has ceased to support the US dollar!

Also an e-mail from a reader (below) is saying that this is just the tip of the iceberg and IF the information in the readers e-mail is correct, it very well may signal that an attack is coming upon the United States in the near future, or that the "attack" IS this flurry of activity to sell off US dollars in an attempt to "take us out" financially

Disclaimer: As the site name suggests, these are all rumors and hence not 100% verifiable.

How long do you think, before the flu becomes a weapon of the terrorists? Would be a lot easier to use than anthrax, and could do a lot of damage. I have talked to people who survived the flu that killed so many during World War I. Compelling stories! I don't think we've had a flu like that since, so were due.

If you mean how long before the terrorists in the CIA, FBI, NSA, military unintelligence, the Bush junta, etc., begin using the flu as a terror weapon, I'd say the fear hyped up over the vaccine shortage qualifies as a terrorist strategy. Otherwise, you have to define terrorist. How could low tech, cave dwellers immunize their own population and genetically design a flu bug to wipe out masses of the west. A flu pandemic would be worldwide and just as likely to kill terrorists, their families, and those for whom they murder. Much more likely that the elites/oligarchs/plutocrats would be behind a targeted, designer flu release.

SEG, Great Insight!

I think you are absolutely right. Our government does seem to be the biggest terrorist organization on the planet at the moment, and I don't put anything past them. They have no interest in you or me, except as subjects.

Such smart people here at the Stool. I love it.

Thanks

B.S.

SEG, Great Insight!

I think you are absolutely right. Our government does seem to be the biggest terrorist organization on the planet at the moment, and I don't put anything past them. They have no interest in you or me, except as subjects.

Such smart people here at the Stool. I love it.

Thanks

B.S.

Think Anthrax, and how it affected a Florida publisher who had critizied Bush, and Daschle, the leader of the opposition.

Sorry Doc, my comments are unsupported suppositions since the Anthrax attacks were not solved. Also why the Princeton, NJ area was targeted too is not clear.

Funny how neither Bush nor Kerry nor anyone else brings this matter up.

Archived