B4 The Bell Tuezelday October 19

Chavs are ruining the UK and it's all so sad.

Of course Govt's love it because it dumms down the population so much that they (govt) pretty much get a free pass to do anything because a) nobody notices (too busy debating J-Lo's new hairstyle etc) and B) wouldn't understand what's going on even they did notice what's going on.

Martin Amis has been writing about them for 20 years, hasn't he.

e.g. John Self in Money and darts champ Keith in London Fields ... who believes TV is real. :lol:

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remarks by Chairman Alan Greenspan

The mortgage market and consumer debt

At America?s Community Bankers Annual Convention, Washington, D.C.

October 19, 2004

http://www.federalreserve.gov/boarddocs/sp...019/default.htm

In summary, although some broader macroeconomic measures of household debt quality do not paint as favorable a picture as do the data on loan delinquencies at commercial banks and thrifts, household finances appears to be in reasonably good shape. There are, however, pockets of severe stress within the household sector that remain a concern and we need to be mindful of the difficulties these households face.

In addition, a significant decline in consumer incomes or house prices could quickly alter the outlook; nonetheless, both scenarios appear unlikely in the quarters immediately ahead. If lenders, including community bankers, continue their prudent lending practices, household financial conditions should be all the more likely to weather future challenges.

Remarks by Chairman Alan Greenspan

The mortgage market and consumer debt

At America?s Community Bankers Annual Convention, Washington, D.C.

October 19, 2004

http://www.federalreserve.gov/boarddocs/sp...019/default.htm

In summary, although some broader macroeconomic measures of household debt quality do not paint as favorable a picture as do the data on loan delinquencies at commercial banks and thrifts, household finances appears to be in reasonably good shape. There are, however, pockets of severe stress within the household sector that remain a concern and we need to be mindful of the difficulties these households face.

In addition, a significant decline in consumer incomes or house prices could quickly alter the outlook; nonetheless, both scenarios appear unlikely in the quarters immediately ahead. If lenders, including community bankers, continue their prudent lending practices, household financial conditions should be all the more likely to weather future challenges.

I'd think that if I get to attain a ripe old age, I'll leverage my seniority to ever more faithfully speak what I perceive to be the truth. I will not do so on the side of lies and obfuscation.

Archived