Unfilled Gap Down Finally Appears?

Guest AssMaster
AssMaster: it's not just the small guys buying these PPOs convertible issues. Morgan's PCS division requires minimum $5M assets. Personally, the LAST place I'd tie up my funds would be these pigs-in-a-poke. I'm just pointing out how desperate WS is getting to pimp something, anything.

Oh yeah I know! Desperate is the word. These Financial Planners are given rah rah motivational speeches on how they will be able to make a bundle getting in on the ground floor of new offices in the high growth areas of China and Taiwan if they just sell their quota of insurance policies and annuities. Morons. It's their version of a bear market fund. We go into BEARX and they go into the insurance/annuity business.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DoubleFlush, thanks for the suggestion. I actually had considered borrowing against it for investing on my own a couple of years ago but, shyed off. Knowing what I know now makes me realize how little I knew then so, I'm glad I didn't do it. Knowing what I know now, I think I could do a fairly decent job of it. As things look to me now (and this could change but, I doubt it) I believe this bear will last at least 5 or six more years. I doubt we will have anymore 18 year bull markets in my lifetime, certainly not in the next twenty.

I am going to look into it.

About 6 months ago I was setting up a new account at my local bank and inquired if this particular account was backed by the FDIC, etc. I was assured it was and that I need not worry about it. I mentioned that I had read that the FDIC had only $1.25 on hand to back each $100 dollars on deposit. The bank employee corrected me and said the FDIC had $1.23 for each $100 dollars. Now there is a confidence builder for you. Fractional reserve banking - fractional reserve insurance. As Hyper suggests, it wouldn't take many bank failures to wipe out that $1.23.

Have you heard of the rumour going around the major brokerage houses of bundling various failed IPO stock certificates into pretty bow tied boxes and selling them for $19.95? A take off on the old "Pet Rock" craze of days past - they will call it the "Pet Stock". You have to wonder about these guys.

Guest AssMaster
Don't know if this has been posted elsewhere, but Adam Hamilton (of Zeal) has a great little study of the charts of the last three bear market rallys ? including the one that just ended ? Bear-Market Rally Autopsy 2

http://www.safehaven.com/ZEAL/zeal011703.htm

That link is not working for me, but the Zeal Bear Market Autopsy II article is also located...

here

Holy crap! That Zeal article is good. He is great.

He puts a skull with one word "RIP?"

Wow...that says a lot about this market. It looks so bad on this last down leg that he obviously thinks this downturn (which could last in to the end of the quarter according to the Elliott Wavers) will take out the previous lows. But, by how much?

That is the question...I say we see 6000-6500 on the Dow and maybe nothing higher than 750 on the S&P with 650 being my optimal target before the cycle changes and heads back up for a bear market rally.

Could be a weak one though...

However, if the Elliott Wavers are right and all of this 3rd wave talk is correct, the lows could be even lower.

annuities are great in a deflationary environment, but not so great in the hyperinflation that follows. If it were me, I'd find some of the good energy trusts and watch em like a hawk. amongst others:

arlp - coal 8%

bpt - oil 15% (volitile)

ncn - tankers 15% (volitile)

"Shell Shock" is the best way to describe the boobtube tonight. They said year to date stocks are still up. Yeah okay. This board and the "real" world is like night and day.

I have to check for brokerage in my pick-pocket 401k fund. Fat chance, more likely to have a jet leasing fund and start bear hedge fund after market bottom. Gee the boys just can't figure out why money is not flowing back after the flat out rape of retirement funds.

Since I'm not ready and/or can't day trade yet I rely on mutual funds like bearx or gold mines which is okay but you have to hold them a bit. I have cash in brokerage which did more today than the market in general.

Knowing why things are the way they are is half the battle.

Premo stuff today Mark, Buddha and stoolies. I'm steeped in Jack Daniels and inhaleing the finest bear market prose ever scribbled. The imagery! The metaphors! God, it's great to be alive now.

I doubt that I'll get it but there is a chance. The dreamboat entry-of-a-lifetime short would be a touch of the SP-500 with it's 200 SMA. It could happen, people.

Archived