B4 The Bell Weak-end Den, August 6 - 8

:D Welcome everyone to the weak-end den! :D

This weak-end we are celebrating summer vacationing and Warsteiner's - per LLD's suggestion. Let's toast again to the great and fearless calls of Brian4, Doc, and many regular forum contributors! ;) ;) ;)

Welcome back LLD and others. As LLD says: Time for a ski and a beer. Have a safe weekend all!

Time to celebrate a great week and a job well done. Tanks also to yobob, plunger, MH, depends, MWH, TE, Stained, Col. Dash, LLD, orvack, Hypertiger, Hunter65, sleddog, zensmoke, mjkst27, gregfokker, jimi, threadbare, Ned38, Butterfield 8, icky, drano, soup, bearman, yellowfish, tpark, tchaikofsky, libertas, lucy, sherlock, an ant and everyone else who has made this a great meeting place.

The den is now open, with special accomadations aboard the Warsteiner air express! :P

post-20-1091822822_thumb.jpg

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back on the daily page, The End posted:

"I'm loaded to the gills with Puts for Monday. Looking for 1043 at minimum by Thursday. Have a great weak-end stoolies."

Thanks, End. Makes me feel better about my position. My gills are a little clogged with puts too.

Question: How late can they continue to take orders on SPY?

Ticker keeps changing on Ameriturd

SPY 106.85 -1.55 106.90 106.90 74025700 16:15:58

It was down -$1.62 two mins ago :huh:

6:30 est.

The futures however close at 4:05 on Friday 4:15 on other days.

The server will be shut down for a couple of hours for the change to the new server. Sorry for the inconvenience. If the server is down when you return, please try again later tonight or tomorrow.

H.B.,

I started a thread a couple of moments after you started this one. Can you or some moderator Deleate the one I started. I don't want to confuse people.

No problem. Please feel free to start next weak-ends (8/13) as I may not be around. I will also be moving (within the same town) over the next two weeks and may not be around and/or have my internet service unavailable. So someone else could also start the daily thread.

I hope everyone will take the time this weekend to go through the one-year charts of major averages -- DJIA, DJTA, SPX, Nasdaq, NDX, SOX, RUT -- plus any others you follow.

All of these are still up from 12 months ago ... but all peaked months ago and are clearly breaking down.

The nearly across-the-board confirmation (all except DJUA, which continues to be propped by low rates) is pretty clear as far as TA goes.

When the school of fish are all swimming the same direction, you want to swim with them.

I do not know the exact time the server will go down. It is supposed to be some time this evening. It was supposed to be done last night, but I am at the mercy of my hosting company.

The new server should end the slowdown problems.

Many tanks for your support!

Archived