B4 The Bell, Frieday, March 5

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morning crew-well we were right about the jobs report what I find interesting is that the 21,000 that were created were Gubmint jobs-zero gain in the "engine" the private sector. It is on its own for a bit at the open-but it ain't going up. LLD- Canuck buck is fine surplus is still intact and $40 Billion is being plowed into Oil Sands expansion this year. ;)

Thanks B4

Music to my ears $$$$$$$ :D :D :D :D

Been a tough ride these last few weeks

Will fundamentals finally rule?

Silver flatlining at $6.80 for 28 minutes

Gold whacked over the head at 400..

Too many plates spinning

Somethin gonna give

With risks of new asset bubbles rising, there is a growing urgency for a normalization of US interest rates. Unwinding an ever-dangerous carry trade is a small price to pay to avoid the most treacherous endgame of all. America, in my view, is probably only one bubble away from outright deflation.

The Roach Motel

As ususal Roach is correct, but speaking politely. That bubble is here and it is real. Each successive bubble has had a quicker formation and subsequent bust, as is the nature of such things. It is out of their hands now. We are in all probability meer months away from a volcanic eruption spewing little pieces of flaming paper.

Roach has been right on target and consistent from day one, except this time. The end game is already here. No more bubbles.

Guest yobob1

Something very strange happening in silver. Flatlined at 6.80 for quite a while now. Seems particularly odd given the action of silver this week. It's almost like someone came in and said, "OK boys we're going to settle this thing here and now at $6.80"

Soup I think what kills housing is not interest rates, but a combination of too high prices (affordability) rising insurance and tax rates, over-build (as evidenced by soaring rental vacancy rates leading to forced selling by landlords who no longer can cashflow their way to wealth and riches) and saturation as evidenced by historic ownership rates of 70%. Combine that with the huge numbers of new owners brought into ownership by easy finance who in reality are totally unprepared for the true costs of ownership leading to very quick forclosures and I think supply will become a real problem in most markets very, very quickly. Once prices turn - it's game over.

We also could see spreads widening this time around if bond players start getting the idea that maybe the US home buyer's finances are not so good and don't seem to be getting any better.

If we know that the true employment picture is worsening - so do they.

Something very strange happening in silver. Flatlined at 6.80 for quite a while now. Seems particularly odd given the action of silver this week. It's almost like someone came in and said, "OK boys we're going to settle this thing here and now at $6.80"

Soup I think what kills housing is not interest rates, but a combination of too high prices (affordability) rising insurance and tax rates, over-build (as evidenced by soaring rental vacancy rates leading to forced selling by landlords who no longer can cashflow their way to wealth and riches) and saturation as evidenced by historic ownership rates of 70%. Combine that with the huge numbers of new owners brought into ownership by easy finance who in reality are totally unprepared for the true costs of ownership leading to very quick forclosures and I think supply will become a real problem in most markets very, very quickly. Once prices turn - it's game over.

We also could see spreads widening this time around if bond players start getting the idea that maybe the US home buyer's finances are not so good and don't seem to be getting any better.

If we know that the true employment picture is worsening - so do they.

Kitco is unreliable. Forex is showing silver at 6.89-6.91.

Archived