B4 The Bell Weak-end Meet, July 9 - 11

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dick head gooey another shill

http://moneycentral.msn.com/articles/tscript/111401.asp

Dick Hoey says: Gold and gold stocks have provided a poor return since the early 1980's when gold hit $875. A better pattern for gold stocks at some point in the next half-decade is possible, but right now the economy is disinflationary not inflationary. Inflation is more likely to drift down than up over the next year. I have owned gold stocks in the past but do not currently own them. It's a maybe.

flocko says: Nasqdaq stocks have provided a poor return since 2000 when the COMP hit 5000. A better pattern for Nasdaq stocks at some point in the next half-decade is possible, but hell would have to freeze over first.

While visiting his niece, an elderly man had a heart attack. The woman drove wildly to get him to the emergency room. After what seemed like a very long wait, the E.R. doctor appeared, wearing his scrubs and a long face.

Sadly, he said, "I'm afraid that your uncle's brain is dead, but his heart is still beating."

"Oh, dear", cried the woman, her hands clasped against her cheeks with shock, "We've never had a Republican in the family before."

A Guy goes into a Bar and stops dead in his tracks...he says to the Bartender is that Powell and Bush at the end of the bar??..the Bartender nods...so the guy goes up to them and says...wow what an honour...what are you guys doing here?? Shrub says...planning WW3 we're going to kill 140 million Iraqui's and a blue eyed Blonde with big tits... the guy says...Why the Blonde???...Shrub punches Powell on the arm and says....See Colon....I told ya no would care about them Iraqui's...

Guest Icky Twerp

ECONOMY: Consumer borrowing rises with job market, confidence

WASHINGTON -- Americans stepped up their borrowing in May as an improving jobs market and growing economy gave consumers more confidence to take on debt.

The Federal Reserve said Thursday that consumer credit increased at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 4.9 percent, or by $8.17 billion, from April. That pushed total consumer credit outstanding to a record $2.03 trillion.

The increase marked the largest monthly gain since January, when consumer credit jumped by 15.8 percent, or $26.14 billion.

The Fed's report includes credit card debt and loans for things like boats, cars and mobile homes. It does not include real estate loans, such as home mortgages or popular home-equity loans.

In May, credit card and other revolving credit rose by $1.56 billion, an increase of 2.6 percent.

This is why I believe in the crash . . .

people weren't borrowing just to get thru the recession, which is now over, they have been borrowing as if there were no law of economic gravity -- that debt will not have to be repaid. . .

Ickey I'M sure you've noticed that the retailers are all reporting lower sales and are warning on earnings and Auto sales have plummeted. In my view people are borrowing to eat and shelter themselves, kind of like chopping up the furniture to feed the fire-Huh!

Attorney General Smashcroft is invited to give a talk to a Civics class at an elementary school and when he is finished he says now class ask me any questions you like. Bobby puts up his hand and says...Sir ...I have three questions...how did Mr. Bush win the election with less votes than Mr. Gore and why is the Patriot Act being used to restrict personal liberties and why hasn't Osama Bin Laden been caught... before he can answer the recess bell goes off and the kids go out to play when they return Smashcroft says now class after that interuption please ask me any questions you like....Suzy stands up and says Sir...I have two questions...Why did the recess bell go off 20 minutes early and where is Bobby! :lol:

:D Welcome everyone to the weak-end den! :D

This weak-end we are celebrating vacationing in Canada and Labatt's Blue.

As LLD said: Time for a ski and a beer. Have a safe weekend all!

The den is now open. ;)

Will keep this short as I am in violation of rule number 3?? I think...

When in Canada and in need of a frosty refreshment my reco for local beer would not be Labatts. B) Keith's, a Nova Scotia product, is much more refreshing, without the foul aftertaste one experiences when drinking the most advertised beer in Canada. My personal opinion of course, but having sampled all available mainline beers`in this great country of ours, I believe most will be happy with my recommendation.

Really enjoyed comments and links that came out of B$$4 the Bell today.

Don't know how I could survive without the many switched on and talented folks that make their home here. I cant say it enough...this site is a Godsend. Its my hiding place from a world run amok. You just cant find the intelligence, compassion and integrity that resides here, anywhere else on the world wide web.

Again all, have a safe and happy weekend.

Archived