B4 the Bell, Humpday July 7, 2004

Guest yobob1

Guest yobob1
PB- Canadian chicks rule East or West-I just want to point out that Ickey, Mh and Yo-Bobby are the cerebral Dudes here sarcasm aside they do a great job and anyone who shoots an 84 is deserved of sarcasm :lol: as is anyone who changes a freaking switch on his Coffee pot I am sure Smashcroft has already taken note after asking where idahoo was!

Well I didn't get any memos from Smashcroft, but did get one from Tom Fridge demanding to know what I intended to do with known terrorist supplies such as a heavy duty rocker switch and the mysterious red glowing electric device commonly known as a neon light bulb. The most damning memo came from the Commerce department claiming that I was single handedly derailing the economic recovery by refusing to spend $70 for a new coffee maker. I responded by sending them the sales figures for Radio Shack clearly showing that my purchase had caused them to show a $6 increase in same store sales on a y-o-y basis.

I am not cheap! Ok frugal maybe. I just hate waste and hate throwing out a perfectly good device just because of the failure of one small part. Think of the huge energy savings that could be derived jsut by building things that last and not constantly retooling everything. My 1955 Sunbeam toaster is still going strong and the chrome still gleams. I think the energy that went into building it was well spent. I must admit though the cloth covered cord is looking a little tired and I may have to replace it in a decade or so.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I also want a source on the story that the pulling down of the Saddam statue was staged. I watched it live on several different news feeds, and it certainly did not look staged to me.?

Well. I guess many of us just plain believe what we want to believe. Let me guess, Doc....Fox, CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC.

If there are sources for this that I find credible, fine.? But I do not want unsubstantiated crap and horseshit being spread here.

Robert Fisk is one of Britain?s most highly decorated foreign correspondents. He said "A statue of Saddam Hussein was pulled down on Wednesday, in the most staged photo-opportunity since Iwo Jima."

Australia's Neville Watson, had this to say: "Well, there certainly was some jubilation, but I certainly wouldn't go along with that presented by television. The one that I've seen a lot of since I've been back is the toppling of the statue of Saddam and I can hardly believe it was the same one that I saw, because it happened at only about 300m from where I was and it was a very small crowd. The rest of the square was almost empty, and when we inquired as to where the crowd came from, it was from Saddam City. In other words, it was a rent-a-crowd."

Here's the interview.

Here is a photo posted on anti-war.com.

I also find it amazing that anyone would give more credibility to the Russian news media than to western media.? Not that western media is so great, but the Russians?

Puhleeze!?

OK. How about a little substantiating? Like some examples of Russian reporting that are more biased or incompetent than American reporting.

I also remember some comments at the time from alt-media saying the group of people involved was small(note how the media never panned out with the camera) and that a fair number of those were probablly Chalabi goons who had flown in 2 days earlier.

OK. That's good stuff, and I apologize for being skeptical. Sometimes truth is stranger then fiction. All I ask is that we provide sources. That way I and others can tell that these posts are not coming from out of left field.

Archived