B4 the Bell Weakend May 15-16, 2004

Guest yobob1

Lots of ads on the radio pumping oil futures trading.

The top is in on the energy sector.

I'll be shorting the OSX. Its had 3 - 4 day bounce off the lows.

The weakest are ESV, RDC and TDW, which look to appear to be breaking down from a long consolidation.

I originally thought that the break was going to be on the upside, and I was long on the sector until I realized that I was donging the bounces in a LT bear market.

Energy Hysteria is now near an all time high.

Expecting an Epic Collapse in crude and gas futures.

Bloomberg is already reporting some type of "deal" is being made with OPEC to start pumping oil madly to lower prices.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rumor has it Asian Finance Ministers are seeking their own international

monetary system similar to the Euro. Huge impact for US forcast.

Keep your eyes and ears open!

:ph34r: :shocked

Until then..........Bear_dances_2.gif Bear_dances_3.gif

Lots of ads on the radio pumping oil futures trading.

The top is in on the energy sector.

I'll be shorting the OSX. Its had 3 - 4 day bounce off the lows.

The weakest are ESV, RDC and TDW, which look to appear to be breaking down from a long consolidation.

I originally thought that the break was going to be on the upside, and I was long on the sector until I realized that I was donging the bounces in a LT bear market.

Energy Hysteria is now near an all time high.

Expecting an Epic Collapse in crude and gas futures.

Bloomberg is already reporting some type of "deal" is being made with OPEC to start pumping oil madly to lower prices.

Wndy....

May be a good short in auto-sector when energy prices peak and not fall

over time....long positions, including myself in sector bonds, may be hurt real bad.

Yeah...and the yields at issue were above 6.75%. :angry:

Hunter- Malaysia aided and supported by China has been advocating for 2 years the adoption of a Gold Dinar as Asia's "Euro" it would indeed be Gold and would be real value in more ways then one. As to Oil and Gas I don't see any big drop on the horizon-China is taking a 100 million barrels plus a day that wasn't being taken off the markets before and that won't change. NG demand in N/America continues to soar and supply and demand are running neck and neck-corrections-maybe but no big drop. ;)

Rumsfeld reportedly approved interrogation plan

Sat 15 May, 2004 20:31

By Jeremy Pelofsky

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld approved a plan that brought unconventional interrogation methods to Iraq to gain intelligence about the growing insurgency, ultimately leading to the abuse of Iraqi prisoners, the New Yorker magazine has reported.

Rumsfeld, who has been under fire for the prisoner abuse scandal, gave the green light to methods previously used in Afghanistan for gathering intelligence on members of al Qaeda, which the United States blames for the September 11, 2001, attacks, the magazine reported on its Web site on Saturday.

Pentagon spokesman Jim Turner said he had not seen the story and could not comment. The article hits newsstands on Monday.

U.S. interrogation techniques have come under scrutiny amid revelations that prisoners at the Abu Ghraib prison outside Baghdad were kept naked, stacked on top of one another, forced to engage in sex acts and photographed in humiliating poses.

Rumsfeld, who has rejected calls by some Democrats and a number of major newspapers to resign, returned on Friday from a surprise trip to Iraq and Abu Ghraib prison, calling the scandal a "body blow." Seven soldiers have been charged.

The abuse prompted worldwide outrage and has shaken U.S. global prestige as President George W. Bush seeks re-election in November. Bush has backed Rumsfeld and said the abuse was abhorrent but the wrongful actions of only a few soldiers.

The U.S. military has now prohibited several interrogation methods from being used in Iraq, including sleep and sensory deprivation and body "stress positions," Defence officials said on Friday.

http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsPackageArticl...88&section=news

Hunter- Malaysia aided and supported by China has been advocating for 2 years the adoption of a Gold Dinar as Asia's "Euro" it would indeed be Gold and would be real value in more ways then one. As to Oil and Gas I don't see any big drop on the horizon-China is taking a 100 million barrels plus a day that wasn't being taken off the markets before and that won't change. NG demand in N/America continues to soar and supply and demand are running neck and neck-corrections-maybe but no big drop. ;)

Thanks B4. I knew one of the Asian countries was pushing (discretely in the

Western press) and maybe Daubi. I am unaware that Asian finance ministers

were involved to this degree, especially Malaysia. Say goodbye to the paper $

should the rest of Asia follow suit. No wonder Buffett has taken the position he has.

On NG, US communities are fighting the offloading of CNG tankers because of the

potential hazards. I think history records many harbor ship explosions laden with

hazardous materials for war or high-octane gasoilne. As I recall, there was an

incident in Eastern-Canada many years ago that destroyed the town. Ammo ship.

Cannot balme communities for being prudent. :lol:

The U.S. military has now prohibited several interrogation methods from being used in Iraq, including sleep and sensory deprivation and body "stress positions," Defence officials said on Friday

Zensmoke: This was the predominate method ...sensory deprivation.....meals out

of sequence, no views to outside, 24-hour light used by all Intel Ops. More radical

methods...physical...were used for hard cases as I'm certain McCain can attest to.

But then, NV knew his father was an Admiral, aviator in command of a carrier task

force in the Med. Couldn't cripple him to much.

It didn't take long for President Eisenhowers BS to see the trash bin although it was

drilled into anyone serving after Korea. :(

If the oil income were shared equally by all the people of Saudi Arabia, instead of just the sheikhs, what would the per capita income be? Serious question.

Um.....

It would, be the same.

My software corruption problem has been fixed. I can't say anything bad about Mr. Softee now for at least a few months. Their tech support agent spent more than a half hour on the phone with me getting the problem solved, at no charge. Very nice.

Hey, wait a minute. It was their crappy software that caused the problem in the first place. :lol:

But I will let them off the hook this time. :P

Long and Short Term Updates Now Posted.

Your Anals are loaded. Take a subscribatory and download RIGHT NOW!

30 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $16.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!

You know for all the bitching about the price of oil-it is really our fault is it not. I've posted for awhile now about the small cars in Europe that are fuel efficient cause gas has always has been expensive and heavily taxed. Yet over here the big gas guzzlers predominate and WHY?? Most 4 wheel SUV'S have never seen off road and have never had 4 wheel engaged it's an image thing nothing more. The Expeditions, Navigators and Humvee's etc are the extremes of gas guzzling, expensive crap usually driven by pencil neck yuppies who have a 6th sense because there is no sign of the other 5. Compared to the price of Cheese, Bread, beer, Bacon and Bourbon etc. oil is still cheap and yet most knowingly everyone seems to have succumbed to Detriots "Bigger is better and more costly scenario." On our local news tonite the lead story was on "The growing number of families who are going back to one vehicle" and how Vespa's and other motor scooters are becoming the second vehicle. The Sheeple are waking up except of course in Californicate where the Goobenor is a Cave man and the good Life is a rite until your plastic runs out! :lol:

If the oil income were shared equally by all the people of Saudi Arabia, instead of just the sheikhs, what would the per capita income be? Serious question.

Um.....

It would, be the same.

Ha ha, yes that was poorly phrased.

If the actual oil income, as gauged by payments made by oil companies (i.e., trying to include all income, especially that funneled through other companies), were distributed to each Saudi, what would one person's share be? Anyone know where to find that kind of info?

When the Saudi princes come here to the Mayo clinic, in their private jumbo jets with entourages of 40 or 50 people, and take over several floors of big hotels, it's almost unbelievable how much cash is thrown around for retail goods.

Somebody has to do real work and add value to raw materials with their labor and capital. Everything else is built on that structure. The current economy has become so distorted that you have a small percentage of the economy trying to carry the full burden of government, the "entitled", and the enormous swaying tower of the financial economy. The productive portion of the economy can no longer shoulder that burden. It will soon fail and with the failure of the foundation, the towering superstructure of the elite will come tumbling down.

yobob,

Excellent man!

Seems we only experienced the first wave of a massive business contraction

a couple of years ago. Just the appetizer for the main course to come.

This rancher is trying to create something new and tangible. Only hope the overall

economy hangs together down the road.

SEH

Archived