B4 The Bell Humpday September 29

Hiding Bear

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do I bother? Soros has an ad in todays wsj on his oppositon to the shrub and the war in Iraq. Okay fine, read tha article and tell me where you disagree? Oh no, all the brainwashed shrubsters only lament is I do not and will not listen to SOros's . The old murder the messenger if the message is to tough to swallow. Man o man, can anyone open their mind ? Can anyone engage in some critical thinking that may require going against the herd?

I have to hand it to Al, he did a real good job on the score, choreography, screenplay and cast selection for this production. I don't think anybody in the world, throughout history, could have worked the strings like he has.

They bought a lode at the bond auction today and still couldn't keep the price up.

The man with the hook is entering stage left.

Et tu, Leeson...this is a Greek Tragedy. The Producers is playing down the road.

Headline CNN

George Soros to launch billion dollar campaign to defeat Bush

Soros better significantly ungrade his personal security team.

With his Eastern European/Jewish ties he's the perfect candidate to be bumped off and for the blame to be put on someone else, ie mossad/ex-communist secret service.

In the thrust for power and money nobody is safe if they truly get in the way. :shocked

Hot money is in deep trouble.

45% of hedge funds are down for the year

25% have marginal gains (probably negative after fees)

Desperate panic operations to paint the quarter have been ongoing for nearly a month. Nevertheless when you are paying 2% off the top and 20% of all profits a flat qtr is not acceptable

This is where the smoke and mirrors policy comes into play with the H.Funds.

Look for many of the promotors to close down certain funds and then reopen new ones. The maths behind this is simple.

Say you're the manager behind a fund that's lost 25% this year, you're not going to be paid anything on your 20-30% profit split. And worse than that you've got to make say 50% before you can get a real pay-cheque, ie the 25% you've lost plus another 25% to new equity highs.

So better you close down the fund, return the money to the investors and then go and raise some new capital so starting afresh. Now if next year is better and you're up nicely over the first 1/4 you get a nice fat pay-check.

This is why the Hedge Fund promoters have so many funds, a few closing here and reopening there doesn't catch the attention of anyone.

Another bonus to this strategy is that losing funds get automatically taken out of the overall performance indexes.

Criminal, but you've got to hand it to them......

Bob Pisonya just said the rally this morning was due to buildup in oil inventories

They read him the script every morning

Love the metals take on things...

Miners recovering

FNM 990n bounce now being retraced

BKX LOD

CAT only thing holding POS dow in place

Tick negative in normal noon hour launch..EDIT just gapped up 600 ticks

10 year refuses to play the game

Archived