Marky Mark, if you don't mind my saying - lose the photo of the old Trekkie whore with the fake silicon nobs and the angry eyes. This is a new month and a new moon. Why not go with a Ukranian hooker in garter belt, looking lasciviosly over her shoulder. Or how about a Thai girl in fishnets? Something that will really kickstart Red February. best,buddha

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is my Nasdung theme song, and I dedicate it the guy who knows who he is. :rolleyes: This is my one and only dedication, enjoy. It's even better if you use Stooltown instead of Downtown.

Downtown (Tony Hatch)

When you're alone and life is making you lonely

You can always go

Downtown

When you've got worries, all the noise and the hurry

Seems to help, I know

Downtown

Just listen to the music of the traffic in the city

Linger on the sidewalk where the neon signs are pretty

How can you lose

The lights are much brighter there

You can forget all your troubles, forget all your cares, and go

Downtown

Things'll be great when you're

Downtown

No finer place for sure

Downtown

Everything's waiting for you

(Downtown)

(Downtown)

Don't hang around and let your problems surround you

There are movie shows

Downtown

Maybe you know some little places to go to

Where they never close

Downtown

Just listen to the rhythm of a gentle Bossa Nova

You'll be dancing with them too before the night is over

Happy again

The lights are much brighter there

You can forget all your troubles, forget all your cares, and go

Downtown

Where all the lights are bright

Downtown

Waiting for you tonight

Downtown

You're gonna be all right now

(Downtown)

(Downtown)

And you may find somebody kind to help and understand you

Someone who is just like you and needs a gentle hand to Guide them along

So maybe I'll see you there

We can forget all our troubles, forget all our cares,

and go

Downtown

Things'll be great when you're

Downtown

Don't wait a minute more

Downtown

Everything's waiting for you

(Downtown)

(Downtown)

(Downtown)

(Downtown) :P

So... we had end-of-month tape painting today, and in just three weeks, we'll have scam week. The market only has a few weeks to tank-it'd better hurry.

By the way, if you all had jumped on RMBS when I yelled in IDS, you could have picked up a point and a half in about an hour. It closed on its high, and went up another half in after-hours- total 25million volume. No upgrades yet- but when they do come, it'll pop again. For all the long losing daytraders out there- "You CAN make back all the money you lost in techs with just one BIG WINNER :o ". Today, it made up for my beating in puts (and then some), and it'll make a nice hedge again for at least the next few days. Everyone loves a winner, especially with the number of losers out there. And if RMBS goes down, feel free to heap abuse on me. I can take it. :P

I bought a handful of RMBS calls on Wednesday (after the verdict) which I'm still holding (currently at a 250% gain). I think it still has room to run on the upside, at least in the very near-term. Looks like it consolidated the gains and started another upmove today. Very hard to tell what it will do though, I'm out of my element trying to chart panic buying/covering. My call purchase was based on psychology, not TA.

I went against my better judgement and tightened up my stops on half my SPX puts this AM (and got stopped out for a paltry 100%)... now I'm really second-guessing myself though, and wishing I had just let them run. I'm a horrible ST trader, and I know that... so I generally stick to the IT, and I don't think we're anywhere near an IT bottom -- but I allowed myself to get caught up in the irrational urge to protect profits (note: sarcasm). As Homer Simpson would say, "Stupid fear."

That said, I think we MIGHT have a shot at a week-long rally, which is what caused me to tighten my stops in the first place. Monday's going to be a tense day for me. This looks like a high-risk entry point for shorts now... so I'll have to wait it out to buy back my positions if we start down at the open (or chase, which is an extremely bad practice).

You never stop learning about your own weaknesses.

Pshaw!

Downtown was originally recorded by Petula Clark in the 60's went Gold and she was an eyeful and went on to sell millions. ?Trade Safe!

Tony Hatch was the song writer, and the markets are going where the lights are brighter.....downtown. :P

To really put you in the mood, you can listen to this incredibly cheesy MIDI of Downtown, which can be found here (wouldn't let me link directly). It's pretty damn funny.

Or you can listen to Jim Carrey.

Archived