A thousand points of light

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LW might have told us here about the last day the spx was down comparably.

616503[/snapback]

No, he would have told us about EVERY day it was down comparably, what the setup was, and what came after.

And then he would have said, but this time could be different. ;)

616507[/snapback]

Eggzactly! I was thinking just that after the post. He would have used that as the opening to an historical context discussion that would listed two or three events of the day that were rare, and would proceed to explain each of them, and make a tally. Damn, have you started advertising yet for a new market statistician/historian? :lol: :lol: :lol:

btw, it's looking a bit different this time, so far, touch wood, turn around and spit!! :D

616520[/snapback]

Did David ever mention WHERE he was finding all those market stats?

616522[/snapback]

He often used Sentimentader, Stock Trader's Almanc and Miyianville

No comment about how GOOGler was up about 10 points all day, but closed up half that amount, at 645, so as to screw a few call holders out of those last 5 points?

616521[/snapback]

I played this today.

It was the move of the day in the final hour.

From .45 to 6.5 in 1 hour.

450 bucks = $6,500.

616523[/snapback]

FANTASTIC ! ! ! ! !

Hey, tip us off next time, buddy.

You don't need to take the trouble to tell everyone, just PM me and I'll make sure they all get the message....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

616532[/snapback]

LOL

Sorry folks, too busy today at the station to be firing intraday alerts.

LW might have told us here about the last day the spx was down comparably.

616503[/snapback]

No, he would have told us about EVERY day it was down comparably, what the setup was, and what came after.

And then he would have said, but this time could be different. ;)

616507[/snapback]

Eggzactly! I was thinking just that after the post. He would have used that as the opening to an historical context discussion that would listed two or three events of the day that were rare, and would proceed to explain each of them, and make a tally. Damn, have you started advertising yet for a new market statistician/historian? :lol: :lol: :lol:

btw, it's looking a bit different this time, so far, touch wood, turn around and spit!! :D

616520[/snapback]

Did David ever mention WHERE he was finding all those market stats?

616522[/snapback]

He often mentioned sentimentrader.com

616524[/snapback]

David was a voracious reader, and had an encyclopedic memory. He knew what sources were best, but he also liked to follow the hoi polloi. He somehow not only ferreted out the best sources for the best data, but also dug up the best fades. He could spot a phony half way across the world.

And he was hilarious in how he skewered these idiots. But he never did it with one ounce of malice. He was just having a great time with real people who really were caricatures.

How can we ever forget Carl Futile and Bill Rempelstiltskin.

The fact that he was a professional journalist in a former life was something I picked up on right away. When he first came aboard, I am ashamed to say that I THOUGHT that he was a "copy and paste artist." His posts were just too good. So I wrote to him and asked him to please cite his sources. Of course he already was doing it wherever he had used third party stuff. Problem was, his own work and prose was so good that I thought that it too had been professionally researched and written.

Well, it was.

by LeeWhee, aka Lee Wheeler, aka dmm742

Little did we know who this Clark Kent fellow really was!

No comment about how GOOGler was up about 10 points all day, but closed up half that amount, at 645, so as to screw a few call holders out of those last 5 points?

616521[/snapback]

I played this today.

It was the move of the day in the final hour.

From .45 to 6.5 in 1 hour.

450 bucks = $6,500.

616523[/snapback]

You are getting to be an expert gamer at these high priced momo options--the 645 price was the optimal price to screw almost all the call buyers and all the puts buyers lined up between no-man's land.

October 19th, 2007

A new wrinkle in the Pigman tunnel. It looks dark at the end of the tunnel.

post-2253-1192829704_thumb.jpg

What a week. Huge profits and an even larger loss in human terms. I've got to get into the hills and walk some of it off with the pups. See youse soon.

US dollar relative to Canadian dollar is now right at 130 year support. The spike low in the US dollar in 1865 was when General Lee was advancing on Washington. If the US dollar breaks support here, it is headed for a low not seen since the US Civil War. I think that says something! :o

post-647-1192830430_thumb.jpg

US dollar relative to Canadian dollar is now right at 130 year support.  The spike low in the US dollar in 1865 was when General Lee was advancing on Washington.  If the US dollar breaks support here, it is headed for a low not seen since the US Civil War.  I think that says something!  :o

616545[/snapback]

Great perspective -- tanks for posting this. :)

Check out this weekly candle on PTR.

616531[/snapback]

Makes me think of the Far Side cartoon where the dog has set up a trap for the cat, and as the cat gets near it, the dog's thought balloon says "Oh please..... oh please...."

616533[/snapback]

far-side-cat-fud.jpg

:P

616538[/snapback]

Thanks ! ! ! !

Also thanks to all for responses re David's sources for info.

I am not able to connect to Minyanville -- when someone posts a link, it takes me to that page but won't take me to the stories that have links posted on the page. Do you have to be a member?

US dollar relative to Canadian dollar is now right at 130 year support.  The spike low in the US dollar in 1865 was when General Lee was advancing on Washington.  If the US dollar breaks support here, it is headed for a low not seen since the US Civil War.  I think that says something!  :o

616545[/snapback]

Welcome to Zimbabwe

post-1110-1192832470_thumb.jpg

Archived