27's Looking To Buy A House....

mjkst27

I know what you're thinking "what, are you nuts? why buy a house now?"

well, I'm not buying a ton of house, i'm in no rush, my job is probably as stable as one could ask for in these times (I work for a company that has a nice big customer called "homeland security" that has the unique ability to print its own dollars), rates are low, and most importantly I'm sick and tired of waiting for the world to wake up to the stoolie way of seeing things....

so

without further adieu

a direct quote from my agent, who seems like a stand-up guy...

"It's been a seller's market for a long time now, but I think it's going to break soon, like within the next 6 weeks....it will be a buyer's market for a while then."

this was after we agreed on much of the current economic situation, rates, et al

I was surprised, but comforted that realtors can be real people too......

maybe we stoolies aren't crazy, just.....ahead of our time :blink:

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Markt, Where are you located? The Stoolies could give you a better opinion if they knew more about your area. You'll get some idea of what they're thinking generally, on the thread about the housing bubble. It sounds though, that you're employed in the only growth industry left...Homeland security, criminal justice. That provides a tip off as to the location, location, location argument. As crime rockets certain areas will fare better than others. Have you thought of co-housing? This sort of arrangement will become more popular in the future as people will be forced to pool resources and think in terms of security in its myriad forms.

Archived