• Created
  • Last Reply

8:56 (Dow Jones) Above-expectations import prices provide further evidence

of ongoing inflation pressures, highlighting the "steepening theme on the mind

of many, including ourselves," says RBS strategist Ian Lyngen in note. Says

market is seeing strong flows early this morning, ahead of 2 pm close. 2s/30s

curve has gapped out to 122 bps from 119 bps yesterday, the widest since

February 2005. (ML)

Would have thought this would get more attention on the airwaves than it has.

Barclays is huge in the UK.

Barclays Shares Temporarily Suspended After 9.1 Percent Plunge

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...9MqcjE&refer=uk

622586[/snapback]

Ooh, that sounds interesting...

We are currently looking at an opening potentially at yesterday's lows, but with positive divergences on most of the 3 and 5 day cycle indicators. As long as the market holds where it is for the next 70 minutes, that should lead to another pop. However, an open below the lows with the indicators dropping could be signaling the beginning of a crash. Crashes occur when markets break down from already Dover Sole levels. That's where we are right now.

If the lows don't hold here I would be thinking about shorting with a stop just above yesterday's lows.

622583[/snapback]

It looks as though the Quads might Open about a dollar (or so) lower this mourning at/about yesterday's LOD. It's been awhile since the Qs have showed this kind of action.

Yesterday I found it particularly hard to play as the OptionsXpress Streaming Chart Data provided by Prophet Financial was delayed by 4-8 minutes during the late afternoon upthrust from 51.1 to 52.3 and then back down to the Close at 51.73 which made it seem pretty risky to attempt to trade it.

Looking at the instantaneous quotes on specific contracts appeared to be correct but watching the streaming data was like watching a tape delay of a sports event.

If the lows do hold this morning, I wonder if they'll try another naked bootleg ala yesterday afternoon.

We are currently looking at an opening potentially at yesterday's lows, but with positive divergences on most of the 3 and 5 day cycle indicators. As long as the market holds where it is for the next 70 minutes, that should lead to another pop. However, an open below the lows with the indicators dropping could be signaling the beginning of a crash. Crashes occur when markets break down from already Dover Sole levels. That's where we are right now.

If the lows don't hold here I would be thinking about shorting with a stop just above yesterday's lows.

622583[/snapback]

It looks as though the Quads might Open about a dollar (or so) lower this mourning at/about yesterday's LOD. It's been awhile since the Qs have showed this kind of action.

Yesterday I found it particularly hard to play as the OptionsXpress Streaming Chart Data provided by Prophet Financial was delayed by 4-8 minutes during the late afternoon upthrust from 51.1 to 52.3 and then back down to the Close at 51.73 which made it seem pretty risky to attempt to trade it.

Looking at the instantaneous quotes on specific contracts appeared to be correct but watching the streaming data was like watching a tape delay of a sports event.

If the lows do hold this morning, I wonder if they'll try another naked bootleg ala yesterday afternoon.

622589[/snapback]

I use eSignal. It's a great service I can count the times there's been a problem in the last 6 years on one hand.

Some stoolies use Quote tracker http://www.quotetracker.com/index_nn.asp which is free, and takes your broker's real time data feed and converts it to charts. Fokker loved it.

We have reached an inflection point. The easy money of long gold and short banks appears to have peaked.

622593[/snapback]

Maybe but I got my bullion as a 'store of value' and I am going to keep it.

The risk in Gold is in being out. The mkt has lost its taste for those green (& now pink also) pieces of paper with pictures of dead presidents.

622586[/snapback]

Barclays is huge period. Definitely a shocker. :o

622594[/snapback]

Only worth USD 60bn now :lol:

622586[/snapback]

Barclays is huge period. Definitely a shocker. :o

622594[/snapback]

No reports of queues outside the bank yet but we'll see.

Archived