The Magic Wand Appears

I just wonder if the same people who assert that we are now being steered straight into hell realize who set the course and was manning the wheel lo these many years up until now.  Have you been equally anti-establishment whether the establishment imposed a dem or rep?  Or are you just WWF fans cheering BrandX and booing BrandY flavors of the same crap dished out year after year by the PTB?  

Is Janet Reno just as bad as John Ashcroft?  I have a feeling that if John Ashcroft had done anything close to what Reno did at Waco and several people here would be apoplectic.  If so, check yourself.  You are being had.

I can answer that one. I dislike this administration just as much as I did the previous one. The two (haha) party system is more like pro championship wrestling than you might think. It is all about dividing the people to keep them from uniting against the establishment. Normally sane peace loving people who under normal circumstances wouldn't hurt a fly, have been turned into blood thursty idiots just because "their man" is in the oval office. The ruling class elite have this stuff down to a science. The people will never have a large enough following to throw all the corrupt bums out of office. Our choices are automatically limited to this crime family thug, or that crime family thug. This war with Iraq would be DOA without the support of the Bush-bots who will happily send our sons and daughters to be killed in support of "their man".

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From E-waver, Henri Straetmans at Stockcharts.com

"1/29 : Up day with mixed market internals and modest volume.

Clear formation of a final hourly wedge and triple bottom (at 1327) is rare.

This uptick forced me to review my labelling. It looks like we just finished minute wave '2' (but it could go up to 1390 at top of minuete wave iv). If so, minute wave '3' down should start immediately tomorrow morning. If correct, this count is far more bearish the the previous one!

For Thursday, the Nasdaq should drop all the day. "

See his chart here: http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/Favorit...let?obj=ID95481 (The first chart).

Very true AssMaster. It started quite awhile ago. Bush and company are just the puppets playing their part in one of the last chapters of this sad saga. Nothing much they can do I suppose at this point - the patient is already terminally ill. Poor fella. Republican, Democrat...I've never cared one way or another - politician is a politician.

Love the avatar - my fiancee is from the Philippines (took 8 years, but I speak damn good Bisaya)...my buddies used to call me the asian persuasion, lol.

Anyway. I love America and her history...it's just sad what I see around me these days. My three years since graduation in the 'real world' have been pretty disgusting. One by one I see my old friends slip into nothingness already. Even my parents struggle just to pay health insurance and make ends meet - they worked their whole lives.

Serious changes in our society are required to steer this ship back on course. Won't happen without extreme anguish to the masses.

I'm preparing for the worse and figure I should be able to live happily ever after with whatever actually happens.

In the meantime I'll lean short. Can't wait for a true bull market to come back where I could invest rather than day/swing trade short America and our people. Many many years away.

Best to you.

AgentSmith

Slothrop:

NT's action was just another short squeeze, couldn't even take out the prior highs.

Wanna monster candle?  Just look at RMBS today.

Mark- be careful with RMBS I've been following that stock intensely for years (even listened to the full audio of the appeals court hearing). It can go either way, like lightning, but they had a heck of a win with that Appeal decision. At the least, they keep the 3 million they were ordered to pay to Infineon for legal fees. At the most, they will get 2% of all receipts for all RAM for the past 3 years back and likely for the forseeable future PLUS triple damages from MU, Infineon, and what's left of Hynix. Shareholder suits for the vacated Fraud are gone, and a lot of uncertainty just disappeared. JMHO, of course. But I've been buying lots of fresh cheap calls every month for the past 6 months in anticipation of today. :)

The new moon occurs on Saturday morning at 5:49 a.m. (eastern time). The new moon is the positive phase of the lunar cycle. It turned very negative 3 days before the Jan. 18 full moon. Now it's swung back to positive, along with the end-of-month tendency too.

Friday's flash GDP report is important ... but likely to be rationalized as positive either way. Strong - "economy doing better than expected." Weak - "Fed easing at March meeting more likely."

To the horror of W. Bush, his presidency is in the grip of both 4 and 12-year cycles, linking it with chains of iron to the economic rhythm of the Bush I presidency. The Oct. 1990 / Oct. 2002 stock market lows are an exact correspondence via the 12-year cycle link. Ditto the war build-up.

The Bush II economy entered recession a quarter earlier than the Bush I economy, in the 2nd year of the presidency. The Bush I economy pulled out of recession in March 1991 (= March 2003), but failed to pick up momentum and pull unemployment down until 1993 (which was too late).

The "Fed panic" stage came a year earlier for Bush II (Dec. 2002) than Bush I (Dec. 1991 = Dec. 2003), as did the initial easing (Jan. 2001 for W, vs. Aug. 1990 = Aug. 2002 analogous date for Bush I). Unfortunately, the approval rating of Bush II also peaked earlier - in the 2nd year of his presidency, rather than the 3rd year for Bush I. It's all downhill from here.

Both the initial aerial bombardment in mid-Jan. 1991 and the land advance in mid-Feb. 1991 took place at new moons. There was a fierce DJIA "zero pop" on Jan. 17, 1991, which was NOT echoed via the 12-year cycle this month... unless it has been displaced 2 weeks by the lunar cycle, which is 180 degrees out-of-phase in 2003 as compared to 1991. Our next new moons are on Feb. 1 and March 2. If (Fri) Jan. 31 or (Mon) Feb. 3 is a huge up day, then the 12-year cycle will merit closer attention.

We ended up marginally in the red yesterday and today its weak bounce mode, ho hum.  Lots of green but teensy gains in most cases.  Good in a way because it will get the momentum indicators off short term Dover Sole.  Expanding intraday formation on the DOW so could be volatile for a while but ultimately bearish..

I have no choice but to stay in. Nothing stopped out and intermediate-term trend still down

http://stockcharts.com/charts/indices/McSumNYSE.html

http://stockcharts.com/gallery?$BPNDX

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/Favorit...et?obj=ID128959

All BPIs went further south today despite price rally and McClellan summation still heading south.

Summation and Ozzie confirmed the recent push down and have not set up a positive divergence which would indicate a significant bottom has formed. Rally just help alleviate an ultra short-term Dover Sole condition in ozzie(s).

Short the rallies.

Windy I feel your pain over PNRA. I wrestled an entire year with the Balrog, Erts, and then succumbed when it squeezed over 70. I'm still recovering from that. The single worst tech stock to try and short in 2002. Shortly after I covered it started to crater on earnings questions. Sometimes stockpicking is a devil's game thats the only explanation I can come up with. best, buddha Incidentally anyone here who doesn't see the exact parallels between information distortion in both the financial and the political arenas had better wake up. The Matrix does exist, it is alive and breeding, it is insatiable, it needs ever increasing resources to move forward. Al Green, the moron bush, Dick'Himmler'Cheney,Field Marshall Rumesfeld,the pit bull 'wolfie'Wolfowitz; all these monsters are cut from the same clothe. Its all about Imperialism guys. Financial and political imperialism. Carnivorous dinosaurs roaming the plains devouring entire lower rungs of the food chain. The only question is how much longer before all the food runs out or how soon before a Yucatan scale Asteroid splashs down?

Guest AssMaster

While it is deemed to be politically NOT okay to question whether FDR knew in advance about Pearl Harbor, it IS OKAY to call Bush, et. al. NAZIs.

I have been biting my tongue, but I am personally tired of this crap. Regardless of your political leanings, this is going too far and I am damned sure itwould not be tolerated for ONE SECOND if this verbal garbage were aimed at Clinton, Gore or anyone else.

The powers that be give you brand X and you holler and scream for your favorite Brand Y. Then when BrandY gets in, the other guys holler and scream. This is no better than theRomans rooting for the tiger or the gladiator at the Circus Maxiumus while the Roman Empire was falling all around them.

You should remember who gets us into the really big wars - liberals - Roosevelt, Wilson, Roosevelt, Truman, Kennedy/LBJ. Who pumped up the bubble in 29? Who ended up holding the bag? Who pumped up the bubble in the 90s? Who ended up holding the bag? Who confiscated the gold? OKay, Nixon closed the gold window.

But the larger point is this: bitching about Republicans versus Democrats is completely missing the point. They are both representives of the powers that be, and as such are your enemies. They pit dem against rep, black against white, anyone against anyone else in order to divide and conquer. While you have your special interest group, they have every stinking politician in their back pocket - regardless of party.

Wake the hell up!

Buddha:

I got blown out of ERTS at $71 also. Was short at $66 or so, and had to cover. Same with that crack cousin TTWO. Remember that one? Grabbed it at $29 and stopped out at $30. Now look at it.

Seems like the best strategy is to have unlimited capital like the HedgeHogs and short these overvalued pigs and walk away for 9 months and collect your money later....

Tom O'Brien is now bullish. He says too much volume came in today, and expects the bounce to last another week or so. Thanks to the Program Robots.

GDP will be the tell tommorrow. Could get a good GDP number, and have another March Madness blastoff.

Gotta be careful here.

Looks like Da Boyz might run this thing to close positive in January.

You know I can't help chuckling. WE the BEARS- are saying non stop tonite-they "are to going to run it" they are-they really are-aren't they??? The technical damage has been done and we are having a bounce just a bounce-relax, take a deep breath-we are going down into an awful place-relax. Now Assmaster-I'm a little confused I agree pols are the enemy-but you sound to me like a closet republican which is fine-but a numbskull is a numbskull pub or dem-in this case Shrub is a numbskull. so damn insane is in a cage-leave him there-trade safe!

Archived