IDS World Markets Thurs 9th October 08

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doc,

just studying your reports WRT US doolars, your take is the the US is/will be debasing the USD. When that occurs (already starting IMO) then prices go up...especially WRT imported goods. Also you make the point that when the rest of the world realizes that we will never be able to pay our debt then the USD tanks even faster. This leads me to the conclusion that (depending on the rate of printing of USD's) that we may/probably have hyperinflation.

I know my timeframe is much longer that most on this board but I really want to understand the implications of the above.

Can you express your opinion on this?

Tanks

697776[/snapback]

I can't recall writing that, but I write a lot of stuff. I just don't think that I wrote that. I'm pretty sure I didn't. Is this an inference that you drew?

If you draw inferences from my analysis based on your own thinking, that's ok, but I need to be clear on whether that's what you are doing, or if something I wrote actually said that. So just to be clear, I have no opinion on the dollar other than what I expressed in the latest dollar index report. I don't want anyone, subscribers or non-subscribers, to get the impression that that I expect the dollar to be weak at any time or strong at any time beyond what I wrote the Dollar Index report.

And I sincerely do not know, given the Fed and Treasury's recent actions, what the impact will be on price levels of goods. There are simply too many variables in this equation.

Unreal! :angry:

Snippets:

WASHINGTON - Days after it got a federal bailout, American International Group Inc. spent $440,000 on a posh California retreat for its executives, complete with spa treatments, banquets and golf outings, according to lawmakers investigating the company's meltdown.

The resort tab included $23,380 worth of spa treatments for AIG employees,

"Average Americans are suffering economically. They're losing their jobs, their homes and their health insurance," the committee's chairman, Rep. Henry Waxman, D-Calif., scolded the company during a lengthy opening statement at a hearing Tuesday. "Yet less than one week after the taxpayers rescued AIG, company executives could be found wining and dining at one of the most exclusive resorts in the nation."

"Those executives should be fired," Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama said

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081008/ap_on_bi_ge/meltdown_aig

post-4028-1223560735.jpg

I can't recall writing that, but I write a lot of stuff. I just don't think that I wrote that. I'm pretty sure I didn't.  Is this an inference that you drew?

If you draw inferences from my analysis based on your own thinking, that's ok, but I need to be clear on whether that's what you are doing, or if something I wrote actually said that. So just to be clear, I have no opinion on the dollar other than what I expressed in the latest dollar index report. I don't want anyone, subscribers or non-subscribers, to get the impression that that I expect the dollar to be weak at any time or strong at any time beyond what I wrote the Dollar Index report.

And I sincerely do not know, given the Fed and Treasury's recent actions, what the impact will be on price levels of goods. There are simply too many variables in this equation.

697791[/snapback]

This is a quote from your 10/8 Fed report:

Digesting the rapid changes in the rules of the game becomes more challenging each day. The Fed is obviously now debasing the currency, but to what effect?

Archived