Earning An Honest Living

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, my consumer confidence has been down in the last year.... and really kicked in big time this year. I didn't get a call from the government reporting agency.

I'd probably tell them that wages are so muted now that most probably need at least three years of wage increases .... if you can get 3% per year... just to make up the price difference in energy costs... especially if your regular routine takes you far from home.

Those working at retail outlets for low wages probably have a real negative confidence.

By the way.... Chavez wants to help those... from the latest headlines

http://www.realityzone.com/aug26.html

The market was on the same tragectory back in June.? Then the London bombing, followed by the Greenspan squeeze, and poof!? we had a wonderful rally...

true, butt at least a couple orders of magnitude more people directly affected this time

The last Cat 5 storm to make US landfall was Hurricane Andrew on 8/24/92. The U.S. markets had been falling for 3 weeks. The storm marked a short-term low. The day the storm came ashore the SPX opened 1% down but closed green and rallied for 3 weeks until 9/15/92 (SPX up 4%, NDX up 13%).

Then the SPX fell 7.5% and the NDX 11% b/w 9/15/92 and 10/3/92, before rallying into year-end (first Clinton election).

post-2169-1125284156_thumb.png

Actually, my consumer confidence has been down in the last year.... and really kicked in big time this year.  I didn't get a call from the government reporting agency.

I'd probably tell them that wages are so muted now that most probably need at least three years of wage increases .... if you can get 3% per year... just to make up the price difference in energy costs... especially if your regular routine takes you far from home.

Those working at retail outlets for low wages probably have a real negative confidence. 

By the way.... Chavez wants to help those... from the latest headlines

http://www.realityzone.com/aug26.html

Well, if there is a way for him to do that, it would sure be great. Says he wants to sell cheap gasoline directly to poor communities in the U.S. The article stated that the Venezuelan state oil company owns Citgo gasoline, with 14 thousand gas stations in the U.S., so there is proably a way it could be done. It's unfortunate that since the U.S. government can't stand Chavez, they would probably stand in his way. Too bad for the working poor here, who are having trouble paying for their commute to work. Many areas have louzy bus service along certain routes, so that is often not an option.

Oh....

Wait......

It already is bankrupt.

OK, well how much would it take to make it insolvent?

Not as much as almost everyone thinks.

There is a limit to the amount of savings that the US can take in from foreigners, who finance the US government budget deficit. If they are in a rcession too, there might be less money available to finance a huge bailout of the New Orleans area and the economy in general.

More likely, the budget deficit would expand and the Fed would step in to monetize the increasing budget deficit. This will increase inflation, which reduces real incomes, and acts like an indirect tax to transfer wealth from the economy to the government.

How much will it take to bankrupt the US Government.

"I thought Helo drop Ben said they had a printing press which cost next to nothing to run."

CWD ..for your reading pleasure....

... "U.S. dollars have value only to the extent that they are strictly limited in supply. But the U.S. government has a technology, called a printing press [or, today, its electronic equivalent] that allows it to produce as many U.S. dollars as it wishes at essentially no cost. By increasing the number of U.S. dollars in circulation the U.S. government can also reduce the value of a dollar in terms of goods and services, which is equivalent to raising the prices in dollars of those goods and services. We conclude that, under a paper-money system, a determined government can always generate higher spending and hence positive inflation." ... Fed Reserve Gov. Ben Bernanke .."

"Inflate or Die" ...Hadjin :P

How many playas can handle the heat when the natgas contract goes up $16K per contract over a weekend? How many are already broke, or desperately trying to raise cash from other markets or with credit lines?

Will natgas even open tomorrow? If so, how many contracts will trade, and how many will be busted by Tuesday's session?

Archived