The HedgeFund Economy

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drech, HRFF is going to take up POTATO WASP-ese!!!

or maybe POTATOE WASP-ese.

DAN!!!

HELP me OUT, here!!!

DAN!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Igor had POTATOE HEAD inputs FUR TwoScrews beFUR he RAN OFF w NatASSha...

What's DIS HEER?

Igor is filing a LABOR GRIEVANCE????#@%&!!!

He wants TIME OFF with VACATION PAY??? And demanding ARBITRATION???

p.s. Igor sez he saw the SHADE OF JOHN MAYNARD KEYNES this weekend, spinning in his grave like a ROTISSERIE!!!

p.p.s. - Drech, it was Slav rage there FUR a long while, too, ya know.

HURST EXPONENT REDUX

read an interesting paper on Hurst exponents at:

http://www.bearcave.com/misl/misl_tech/wav.../index.html#Why

It seems most stocks have 1 day hurst exponents of 0.5 which is just brownian random motion.

But this paper suggest that Alcoa has a hurst exponent near 1.

I presume if you are a day trader you would want to trade the stocks with the highest hurst exponents???

After all the whole raison de etre of using Hurst exponents is to find the key of price time series persistance in the vast cacophanous and seemingly random noise of the market?

Another Hurst article I read said financial markets all have the same Hurst exponent of 0.72 which is also the same for a large variety of natural phenomena

Spooky!

This might explain the correlation of financial markets with sun spot activity/astrology etc if they are all "in cycle" so to speak (To weird for me im afraid).

Presumably also a financial market Hurst exponent of O.72 also provides the mathematical validity of trend following as a viable and profitable way to trade.

PPS

I think it would be intresting to see if there is a link between the Hurst exponent of 0.72 and Fibonnaci ratios??

Actiually 72 * 2 = 144 which is a Fibonnaci number

Pure co-incidence Im sure.

The Hurst exponent has fractal underpinnings to it. Mandlebrot did a lot of work on Hurst.

Also it is akin to a process of geometric brownian motion.

They are all white---35-----fit-----and driving leather upholstered military vehicles. lol

Those folks are the biggest bastards, i cant stand such people for a second. For them there is no left and right, there is only the straight way. They stand up at 6 and go jogging to be "fit", what idiots! :lol:

Those folks are the reason that socitely goes down, in my opinion they should all be imprisoned. :lol:

Foxie, my brother and I called these people "Aqua Velvas" many years ago, but for the past few years the word has become "Fokers", pronounced either with the hard "o" or the soft. It's become a socio-economic moniker for all that I have chosen to never become, and for the massive conservation of energy on which I have embarked. I have pledged never to become a Foker, even should I one day be able to afford it :lol:

We have a city filled with Fokers in Canuckistan- Toronto. All of my contemporaries in Toronto are now earning many times my Montreal pay, as well as jogging for no less than 1 hour per day, devoting no less than 2 hours per day to a charity or community organization (but the really compelling ones like Big Brothers, Greenpeace, United Physicists for International and Universal Peace, Love and Understanding, &c.), 15 hours per day to their jobs, and 2 hours per day to wine-tasting, opera-study, gourmet cooking, yoga, or the contemplative arts. They all look very healthy, well-groomed, relaxed, and generally impeccable. They are aggressively warm, friendly and affable. At their worst, when tired, they merely look intimidating. They are no doubt better squash players, rock-climbers, deal-closers, dinner-party-throwers, joggers, mall-shoppers, wine-tasters, and patrons of the arts than I'll ever be. They are better read, better informed, better appointed, and better regarded. They are all optimistic, happy and well-adjusted. They communicate well. They all have or intend to have, in the latter case upon completion of some major accomplishment, superior children. They are all bullish, although some express the belief, when drunk and after dark, that real estate may become or even be overvalued.

They are Fokers. There are some in Montreal but mostly all are in or aspire to be in Toronto, although I suspect that other major centers in the world are also well-inhabited by the forces of Fokerdom.

fokker; and fxfx i thought you'd like this quote--

"Evertime, I think of exercising I immediately retire to my couch and lie down until the feeling goes away-"

robert Maynard Hutchins

formewr Chancellor of the University of Chicago

I only partially agree with him and yourselves--because there are more convenient and less time consuming methods for keeping ones shape- for example i prefer the Russo--Hindoo-methodology --really quite simple--

I simply lie down underneath the breakfast table, make myself as rigid as possible, and then my wife gently rolls a 90 pound stone off the table onto my abdomen--

And please dont think that just because its less time consuming its easy---

athletically yours beardrech

:lol: :lol: :lol:

China is an emerging nation undergoing enormous rapid change.

Not unlike the US in the second half of the 19th and first half of the 20th century.

I could point out what conditions were rike in the US during that time.

But I won't. I wonder who has a more promising future.

The childlen working as labourers in rural China or those in the inner city of the US capitol, Washington D.C.

welcome back Deep Blue Sea! :lol:

http://www.safehaven.com/showarticle.cfm?id=1082

A More Cautious Approach Toward Asia and Commodity Prices

Chinese import growth of 40% year-on-year (compared to 30% export growth), September 2002-September 2003

try to engineer a slowdown now and hopefully it will be a soft landing (not fine-tuning), or allow the investment ratio to continue to rise until it blows up

China is an emerging nation undergoing enormous rapid change.

Not unlike the US in the second half of the 19th and first half of the 20th century.

I could point out what conditions were rike in the US during that time.

But I won't. I wonder who has a more promising future.

The childlen working as labourers in rural China or those in the inner city of the US capitol, Washington D.C.

welcome back Deep Blue Sea! :lol:

CHINA HAS a permanent underclass of one hundred million crony capitolists slowly wasting away in 12 hour a day labor concentration camps--these are disguised unemployed and all dependent upon sybaritic american consumers--

As keynes said with his normal criminal ebullience --"In the long run,central city dwellers,chinese peasant sweat shop recruits,we are all dead" Or at least suffering from various forms of vitamin deficiency--

Moreover i'm anticipating another epidemic of Chinese Leprosy which is why i'm currently expanding my interests in a phillopino manufacturer of bells and veils

This national penis envy must stop--because for every pimple you point out on the ass of america i can just as easily signify a dozen chancres on chinese Dick Sums--

selfishly yours beardrech

Archived