Some Definition Of Terms . . .

SG has posted his Friday morning update on the SG forum.

SG forum link...hope it works, if not, find it on the stool pigeons wire

try this

Just fixed it. SimpleGuy and others: The board, in a rare Microsoftian convergence, tries to "help" you by automatically inserting an http:// suffix before every link you post. So, if using its "http://" button to post links, be sure to remove the "http://" from the link you are posting. Otherwise, two get inserted, which pukes our browsers.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RE personal income, spending, etc.

A bunch of people last time I checked spend a bit more during Christmas shopping season, than they probably spend in November.

Also, last time I checked, most car dealers want to offload their end of year inventory in December for the fiscal year print.

Im just a Simple Guy, but Im thinking that might have skewed the numbers??

Heh heh

Note how the media TRIES to interpret the news, but as I have said over and over again... the market only reacts briefly to news and the news doesnt matter. What matters is the direction of social mood from optimism to pessimism. THis can be measured in large long term waves, intermediate term waves, and very very short term waves....

Its the waves that allow me to trade the indices. Its my abilities to read the mini waves that allows me to do it profitably... and ignore the news, ignore the futures, etc....

Remove your emotions from your trading, or continue to lose....

I could be wrong

They're tanking the POG again. Probably going to try to support paper again. They keep going back to the same old playbook. Didn't work yesterday and I sure as hell would like to see them get their hands slapped again today.

A FABLE :ph34r:

Glenda: "What's the matter Uncle Stutz?"

Stutz: "I'm afraid I've got to hedge today, Sweetie. It makes me feel bad."

Glenda: "How bad?"

Stutz: "Here, I'll show you with Mr. Lobster."

Glenda: "He's wiggley."

Stutz: "You ain't seen nothin' kid." (holding the lobster in his right hand Stutz twists off an antenna with his left)

Glenda: "Is that what hedging is like?"

Stutz: "More like an overnight futures jam. Get's your attention. Doesn't hurt much." (he puts down the antenna and grabs the head and twists) "Now we...uh...bifurcate Mr. Lobster."

Glenda: "You splattered green caca all over!"

Stutz: "Can't be a bear without getting some green crap on you once in awhile."

Glenda: "The head's still wiggling!?!"

Stutz: "He's hoping its just a correction." (he drops the head into a paper bag)

Glenda: "It's still moooving."

Stutz: "Don't you love fluctuation. Now we insert the antenna up the old dirt road."

Glenda: "Gross. Is this hedging?"

Stutz: "Nah, more like indictment. Now you don't want to do a Spitzer here. Get it all the way up and then twist the barbs...and gap down."

Glenda: "What's that dark worm?"

Stutz: "Ah...be just a colon. Not for internal use - toxic. We'll give it to Dipster." He kicks the bag. "Feed on this. Now we open the tail and divide it."

Glenda: "Is this hedging?"

Stutz: "Nah, more like 200% leverage. I'll show you hedging. Hand me that lime." He squeezes the juice on to the tails. "See Sweetie, it's Mr. Squirmy!"

Glenda: "CREEP!" (she flees the kitchen stage left, wailing)

Stutz: "Sweetie??? You're going to miss the sizzle. Oh well, sweet dreams."

Fade to black

Archived