Less Is Indeed More

I like Glad's comments, and there is definitely a fine line between gambling and "investing" via market timing. It's all a matter of risk - in gambling, the risk is known (97% to a T on slots); in "investing", it's not. Based on this definition, would you rather be a gambler or investor?

Everyone is looking for a bounce today. This is looking a lot like last summer; like SG said, short into any bounce. I closed 1/2 my shorts reflexively Friday (I do not like the "risk" of weekends when I'm in the money); will hold the other shorts unless we hit and hold 836 early like The End says.

Doc, I'm glad your father is feeling better. Parents and grandparents are a precious, but unfortunately dwindling, commodity. Thank God my kids are old enough now to begin understanding this.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harmony Dec qtr EPS up, eyes investments

Monday January 27, 6:10 am ET

JOHANNESBURG, Jan 27 (Reuters) - South Africa's number three bullion producer Harmony Gold (HARJ.J) said on Monday headline earnings rose in the December quarter although the increase was limited by the rand's gains, and added it would keep pursuing strategic investments.

Doc, regarding Fed's dilemma you mention in the Anals. What will happen if they do something contradictory? Like, cut rates again but start draining more actively? Or rise rates but open the money floodgates?

Regards,

Vesselin

SG chimes in

I think any trader should realize today we will get, sell the rumor and buy the news....

I predicted this morning and last night at 24.39 retest on Q's today, and we already had it in pre-market....

My gut says a move towards 24.95 this morning is the likely top, with outside shot at my 25.14 on a relief rally upwards....

I will just sit tight, any bounce will be short and sweet....

There is a huge leg coming to the 23.xx range, unofficially 23.31, but my target keeps lowering....

If you are not short, get short on the bounce today, or add to shorts..... IMO. I could be wrong.

Guten tag liebe stoolies!

Dollar intervention, but maybe only some folks who book their gains and go long euro again later or tomorrow or wednesday.

doc,

didnt i say last week that your dad will walk again with his naked feet across the sea like jesus? Remember last time doc, when he recovered so well that he even was able to dance with his beautifull wife :)

Archived