Drano's Latest Contribution To The Cause

Good morning, everyone.

After another one of my humongously long days at The Green Witch yesterday I returned to Creatureville around ten-thirty last night with my brand new DELL Inspiron 4150 Notebook slung over my shoulder in its nylon carry case. My very first steps in the house were welcomed by loud repeated shrieks - COME HERE! COME HERE! - from Baby. Knowing that was probably her I'm out of water call. I went to the fridge and satisfied her demand even before I unslung the notebook. I exist to serve The Bird.

At the office today my friend Joel had helped me set it up - to the point just before going on the 'Net for the very first time. So on the way home tonight I deliberated as to which would be the very first Internet site visited with this new machine. Of course the deliberations lasted all of half a second, with the answer being rather obvious and here I am, though somewhat later than I had planned due to other creature care tasks and the time I had to spend continuing the setup here (which was witnessed by twenty-two pairs of eyes). And since it's so late the thread gets opened now rather than risk the bod being too fatigued to levitate out of bedde and open it at the usual time.

And when I did enter Stoolville a short while ago, lo and behold, I had a message from Drano. I'm beginning to think that the two of us may be karmically related, 'cause he was also the one who sent me the very first message after we all moved to this new board. We also seem to appreciate some of the same sort of elegant things, such as the following item in his message he felt would be of general interest here.

Here, then, is his latest contribution to The Cause:

A physician claims these are actual comments from his patients made while he was performing colonoscopies:

1. "Take it easy, Doc, you're boldly going where no man has gone before."

2. "Find Amelia Earhart yet?"

3. "Can you hear me NOW?"

4. "Oh boy, that was sphincterrific!"

5. "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"

6. "You know, in Arkansas, we're now legally married."

7. "Any sign of the trapped miners, Chief?"

8. "You put your left hand in, you take your left hand out. You do the Hokey Pokey...."

9. "Hey! Now I know how a Muppet feels!"

10."If your hand doesn't fit, you must acquit!"

11. "Hey, Doc, let me know if you find my dignity."

12. "You used to be an executive at Enron, didn't you?"

13. "Could you write me a note for my wife, saying that my head is not, in fact, up there?"

Thank you, Drano. :grin:

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

G'Morning Gladiator!

Being a coin collector yourself, I thought I'd let you know I posted over in Stool's Gold several pics of some coins I picked up in Romania over the Christmas/New Year's holiday.

Do you think you could post again that collection of yours showing the history of ancient Roman coins? As always, another great Intraday Stool kickoff!

Thanks Glad!

01/22 07:37

J.P. Morgan Has $387 Mln 4th-Qtr Loss on Enron Suit (Update2)

By Michael Nol

New York, Jan. 22 (Bloomberg) -- J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. lost $387 million in the fourth quarter after the second-biggest U.S. bank wrote off losses related to bankrupt energy trader Enron Corp. and set aside money to cover the cost of lawsuits.

The net loss was 20 cents a share, the bank said. In the final quarter of 2001, J.P. Morgan lost $332 million, or 18 cents a share, as it wrote off bad loans to Enron and investments in Argentina. J.P. Morgan shares fell 49 cents to $24.93 in trading in Germany.

Heeeere we go ..gap down open, spin still continues, market down because of war fears lol...too many people looking for a bounce....vix low ...IMHO gap down and the freefall begins...watch 870 on the spx before any meaningful buying comes in ...when 870 falls look out below...picked a good week to take off from work....taking the family to THE GREAT BEAR LODGE today...gotta be worth something ...TRADE SAFE ALL and LET YOUR WINNERS RUN

SG dings in

SG predicted over the weekend NDX 998-1000 should be seen as bottom of this first wave.

SG notes 1004 on the futures as we speak, or maybe a tad lower.

SG says those with kahunas like myself should go long this morning early.... on the QQQ index, which is doversole as well.

SG reiterates retrace to 1040-1050 on the NDX is nigh....

I could be wrong....

I will be conducting seminars today so will be gone most of the day.

Therefore, since I cant watch the tick... I cant enter a trade.... but lets pretend the market was still in this range at 1030 am, I would be going long the Rydex Velocity for a trade and covering shorts this morning...

SG quotes himself from my first post on my Weekend Takes thread on LOB last weekend.

You've been warned....

SG dings in for the weekend

Well, one helluva profitable E wave week kids. SG went short LAST FRIDAY morning, and held until the Thursday close. I closed out 50% on THursday night (ouch), and the rest not yet.

I see the NDX getting near the 998-1000 level, meaning Q's around 25 to 25.05 range early in week. SG advises "traders" to cover and go long, or just go into cash for a short period there.

SG will probably game the tape and go LONG at those levels.

So far my wave counts have been smack on the money if I do say so myself. Wave 2 ended on Jan 10 or Jan 13. Wave 3 began down from there, and started in more force the last 2 days of the week.

Now, we are in Wave 3 of 3 of 3... this is huge. The first leg of this wave will end around 1000 on the NDX. We closed at 1017. 998-1000 is a 78.6% Fibonacci retrace, its a huge retrace of the January wave 2 move up. During a 3rd of a 3rd of a 3rd... retraces are big....

Now, that said, you want to be aggressive like me?? Then you go LONG with leverage at the levels cited above. You will see a minimum retracement of 38-50 NDX points, or 3.8 to 5% ish. If Im in at my usual double leverage, I will catch 4-10% return, then immediate re-short at same 200% leverage.

Here are some levels to watch on the Q's and NDX

25.02 bottom early in week, like Tuesday morning sometime. A retrace to near $26, with possible spill up to 26.25 range... (I dont see that happening, but will allow for it)

This to be followed by a huge cascading leg down to about $21.85 on the Q's. This is a NEW number I've updated. This may occur over a few weeks time, not right away mind you.

Ultimately, as leg 3 finishes in early march, we should be well below $20 per Q share.... but I will worry about that more later.

Attention Riverboaters:

I will be entering very tight stops on NVLS, CYMI, KLAC, and QLGC on the open.

If the market smokes down from here, I'll ride it down. If it turns to the upside, my stops will get hit and I will wait to reshort Friday or Monday.

5-day ARMS is over 8.0, and a very low TRIN rolls off tonight.

A bounce is imminent.

Other short positions will be left alone.

Archived