Main Circuit Breaker

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doc,I have to agree with you.lost lots of money towards the end of the "bull"on stocks dropping daily on low volume.

Of course my broker at the time and others always said "don't sell we are only going down on light volume"...."it will come back"

lost half my portfolio that way until i realized the truth.

this kind of market really sucks for put holders(feb,march).time premium eats them away.looks like were consolidaing again,though I can't believe it.

another week of this is possible,but could break down at any time.

holding drcvx....would love more puts but need some sense of where we are going

puts are just a plaything for me,I never bet big.if I can make a few hundred a day while I'm laid off from work it's good enough for me.

as I type it looks to be dropping again...time will tell

Based on what you've been posting and my energetic feel of same I'm starting to get the impression that you might be much better off using vehicles other than options for trading.

it's been workin out ok,just bein extra careful.made money on the last 10 out of 11 trades.

I kind of like them because I know going into the trade what my maximum downside is.

Just don't let it get the better of you emotionally, 'cause if it does, no matter how much money you can make or think you can make by doing it, it just won't be worth it in the end.

Please keep my last three opening commentaries in mind.

somebody stomp on this thing woodja?

Time for Metamucil's purple stomping monster again.

I thought my screen had frozen but it's just that no prices were changing.

JPM's having a little trouble though, heh heh. We'll have to see what happens when the grown-ups come back from lunch and take over from the calves currently running the trading desk.

Doc--Look, this website is my favorite. I love most of the posters, even the ones I disagree with. I am fully subscribed because I believe you do a great service to investors in the small picture and humanity in the bigger picture. Ord's beliefs I will know more about after I take O'Brien and his seminar in March. But his volume theories, to refine Wndy's remark from last night, suggest that lower volume which takes out a swing low (not enough space to explain swing lows) normally means a bounce. It isn't necessarily bullish. It just means that sufficient energy, as measured by volume, was lacking to drive a stock or index lower. I suppose one could call that bullish, but only in a relative sense. Ord, for example, may be long the QQQs, but if volume picks up with this move to a new swing low today, then the bet is off. His intermediate term views are very bearish. Like everyone here, including SG, he is not perfect. He freely admits his mistakes. He is not a stoolie, but I wish he were.

Hi all. Didn't this pause at support for few days happen before a big drop in either July or Oct? I somehow remember a lot of shorts covering at a support because it held and then after a bit of time the floor fell out from beneath the market and this happenned a few times on the way down.

As you know I follow volume and volume has been decisively negative.

I found a chart that has been very helpful in keeping me on the right side of the market intraday.

http://finance.lycos.com/home/livecharts/d...bols=qc:advdecv

change the chart to 1 min. and 5 min draw a channel and watch the magic.

It is a chart of net volume. Tell me what you think. ROckhead, if yo around, I think you will like this one. :)

Tansk Dr. Sigmoid-

I wouldn't kick somebody off for criticizing me. I will give the benefit of the doubt in this case because I will assume he missed the post I was referring too.

We encourage good natured ribbing here, and discourage criticism of fellow stoolies, especially the head Stool. :P

Archived