Alignment With Spirit

the term "greed is good" is from that wallstreet movie with michael douglas. I guess many of the daytraders have this film figure as their role model, what the role model says must be good. They wanna be like him, like an asshole so to speak.

The term is just bullshit, nothing else.

That you have to be concentrate when you trade, that is sure, but is greed and concentration the same? No.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I appreciate what your saying Pile. Flying at Mach 2 100 feet of the ground can get ugly very fast. As it turns out my problem is that I chose to use the SPY and DIA which are expensive margin wise. I hate options. Although I do have about 1/3rd of my position in the qqq 25?s. Cash is tight. If I used your POS index I?d probably be closer to my comfort limits.

The Astro amazing Bradley model shows market turning down today Feb 6 until Feb 20.

Fits with Arch's Feb 16 ominous date which won't be felt by market until Feb 18-20 (except those with inside info).

Also allows minimum time for political maneuvering befor bombs drop on or around the 16th???

Feb 16 is also full moon. Don't know if this is conducive to war with our night vision equipment or not.

Ormsby :rolleyes:

whatever happens it will be painfully obvious to the clueless, perhaps cause a quick drop and that 2/20 temporary low may form

20030203,0206 minor turns

20030220 Low

20030227 High

*** 20030313 Significant Low ***

Something to keep tucked away in the back of your cranium. :grin:

WADR, all, I stand by what I say. It is a base, universal emotion and process. Maturity refines and supresses greed (ego) but doesn't eliminate it. Maturity channels greed to good.

Since MOST people mature...mature people aren't greedy to make house payments or buy a Mercedes, they are greedy to take trips or get their kids to college or get out of debt or retire to Happy Acres, Florida. These are events, not things.

Enough of this. Sorry I contaminated your excellent post, Glad.

From the Prudent Bear board, regarding the QQQ puts:

http://www.prudentbear.com/bearschat/bbs_r...1&snsa=A#M86996

good explanation for simpletons like me

"Thus, this is one bullish fund manager that has placed a very large bet, somewhere between $250,000,000, and $750,000,000!

"

so it means optimism on the market by a HedgeFund. (i.e we should treat the p/c ratio as being very low, not high)

Bearish for the market since the trend is down, dip buyers and those who don't believe the trend and try to anticipate a change in trend (gamble) are usually wrong.

We're going down!

The slope-of-hope is very slippery my friend.

This is not the stealth fighter fly over formation as some would probably assume.

It's actually the Falling Bra formation, but it's usually not seen in broad daylight. :grin:

post-3-1044556834_thumb.gif

Archived