Market Sneaks Out Side Door

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Monday's Riverboater's Business Daily is out.

Here are the Top 1-20 IBD Screamers.

Two new ones added: BREL and NCI

Dropped: STRC, PTR

http://stockcharts.com/candleglance?cyd,jb...crdn,rcky|C|D20

http://stockcharts.com/candleglance?say,oh...,brel,nte|C|D20

When the market is ready to roll over, you will see clues when a majority of these stocks start failing on a technical basis. So far, 80% of them look very bullish.

This here chart is drifting higher, so I will respect that, but I couldnt help myself and added to some short positions. why you ask? I am watching the BKX bank index and it is below the 72 on 10 and didn't get above that as the S&P drifted up. I sense weakness.

http://stoolcities.capitalstool.com/depends/bkx.gif

Friday was good. Tyson TSN dropped more and I'm still short there.

Other shorts just laid there. BBBY was weak and fell as the market was going up so I shorted it. Shorted CLX as a reversal dbl top as it dropped some when the market was climbing. Donged CL as it is a jumper that is holding 49. My little OMR is holding above $5 still and I await the day that it goes on TV and everyone gets salvaged gold feaver.

You may have noticed that I like to open shorts on weak stocks as the market goes up.

All losses from early last week have been erased and am back in the saddle again

thanks to mad cows, phony earnings at MU and the metals.

4 dongs / 8 shorts / 9 metals

Sorry dozer - more than three sentences.

Paul Martaing is French Canadian too.  However, unlike his predecessor, Jean Chhhhhcrectian (pardon me for hockering), Martaing can speak English. 

Of course, neither is as poopular in Quebec as the Russian Premier, Poutine

I think he's english, but could be mistaken. His son Jamie, a classmate of mine in high school, was certainly english. A very quirky and funny guy, too.

The fact is that Chretien wsa unable to communicate in either language. A great embarassment he was, exceeded only by his incredible staying power and longevity. Like Jean Charest in Quebec, Paul Martin is a politician who inspires hope in me.

Poutine? Good when too drunk to eat solid food. Very steeply diminishing marginal utility per bite. Not nearly as good as souvlaki (all dressed in pita), 99 cent "Super Pointe" pizza slices, or, in a pinch, chicken shish kapoop with garlic mayo.

Fact: in the Laurentians, a roadside pataterie near Esterel sells something they call "Bavarian Poutine", which is poutine with one Oscar Mayer weiner chopped into it.

Jorma wrote:

It shouldn't really cause much contention here however, because there is little or no partisan elements to it, in terms of domestic US politics. There is no political opposition to this new corporatized world, except at the very margins, parts of which are very ugly here in the US, on the right. The rest of which is marginalized and condemed as 'liberal' very successfully . It should be noted that the Islamisits are ugly and in part fighting against this western corporate world. To say the least I'm not condoning them. Please don't get me wrong. More and more however anyone opposing the new corporate/govenment paradigm will be put into bed with them rhetoriclly, and probably to great effect.

Actually, a burst of anti-coporations is coming from Russia. After the "glorious" oligarchs got done destroying Russia in the 1990s(but they are still good people, no matter how many babies they kill), the people turned to Putin and many organized crime elements for safety(they are bad, no matter how many babies they save). It turned out murdering corporate scum don't do so well against people willing to murder back. As Iraq is showing quite nicely. The "screw looting scum" progression has now reached the stage where the party Rodina has gained seating in the Duma(The Russians, in gross violation of True Democracy, allow more than two parties). Rodina is based on respect and support for the followers of the Way of the Forge. In gross violation of all looting scum teachings, Rodina admires those who built their country and intend to give the builders of their country some say in it's maintenance. I can only think of what the women are thinking with all those unsexy Dilberts getting positions of power! Where strutting oh-so-sexy corporate thugs should be! The consequences will be just horrible, for Russia's competitors. :D :D :D :D

INFLATION NOW, DEFLATION LATER

December 26, 2003

Jim Bradley hedges interest rate risk and coordinates loan sales for Dollar Mortgage Corporation , a nationwide mortgage bank headquartered in Southern California.

Credit cannot grow forever, and the debtors eventually will be unable to pay in real goods. That can be resolved by inflation or deflation. But it will be (and has been) inflation first, because that is politically acceptable in comparison to the massive restructuring needed when new credit becomes unavailable. The government can and will be the "lender of last resort" until the political will is available that will halt the inflationary process.

And that will likely happen, I believe, when the global public finally rejects U.S. government money severely enough that the foreign central banks are forced to halt their competitive devaluations and the Fed here is in turn forced to reign in money supply increases. Then it will be deflation.

http://www.prudentbear.com/archive_comm_ar...ntent_idx=29202

Heh heh. They're wrong.  I just checked. He was born in Windsor, Ontario. Chances of being French are slim and none, although his ancestors, maybe.

One of the last parties on grad night was in their beautiful Westmount mansion.

Paul Martin is english. Listening to him speak, there's no question about it, both in the accent of english as well as the errors in his french. But, he's far more eloquent than was Chretien in either language, easily more honest than Bulroney (not a big leap)... definitely a turn for the better. And, an understanding of economics (former finance minister), which means that I figger him to push the BoC to start devaluing more aggressively, which should certainly help my miners and the HIU overall :P

That is probably right. Stock and financial asset inflation is the desired outcome. Mainly, or partly, that is what the 25 year propoganda blitz touting stocks has been about. Next time, which is now perhaps, when inflation hits stocks will come along for the ride, or so it is hoped.

The debasement of 'earnings', much less real profit is a big part of this.

It is I think related to my ill formed ideas about stocks themselves being made the real money. Or perhaps corporations themselves being made the most desireable asset or store of value. Corporations now own the huge majority of the worlds 'productive' assets and to an increasing degree the worlds governments, in a barely disguised manner. I'm sorry if this is essentially a political arguement. So be it.

It shouldn't really cause much contention here however, because there is little or no partisan elements to it, in terms of domestic US politics. There is no political opposition to this new corporatized world, except at the very margins, parts of which are very ugly here in the US, on the right. The rest of which is marginalized and condemed as 'liberal' very successfully . It should be noted that the Islamisits are ugly and in part fighting against this western corporate world. To say the least I'm not condoning them. Please don't get me wrong. More and more however anyone opposing the new corporate/govenment paradigm will be put into bed with them rhetoriclly, and probably to great effect.

That is why I no longer discount the Wallenchuck's or Glassmans. The world is shifting beneath our feet and maybe it is we bears who will be displaced. I'm not saying it will happen, just that it is a possibility. Maybe Hyper is right, or Doc's more traditional arguements are. We all seem to agree if the asset inflation fails the world as we know it falls apart. With so much at stake that failure will be fought by any means necessary.

With so much at stake that failure will be fought by any means necessary.

The failure is inevitable and there are no means to prevent this...

all the means have accomplished up to this point is postpone the inevitable for 40 years...by late 2004 if everything works out perfectly infinite debt inflation is needed...Imagine debt inflation rising by 1 Trillion % a second exponentially forever...by 2005 that is what will be needed...Computers are fast but not that fast...

The top sucks from the bottom...we are in the terminal stage where the top does the final suck...the final gorge fest...You will either be waiting with a spiked club at the end or you will be a baby seal...That is reality...that is where we are headed...

This is not decades away just a handfull of months left until something that has not been seen in 70 years takes place...unstoppable debt inflation...in an economic system orders of magnitude greater than in the 20's hopelessly and patheticly dependant on debt inflation to function...without it, it will crumble rapidly...

What I'm telling you is what is already known...It is not a theory...except to those in denial.

Why do you think all the police state preparations have kicked into high gear?

INFLATION NOW, DEFLATION LATER

December 26, 2003

Jim Bradley hedges interest rate risk and coordinates loan sales for Dollar Mortgage Corporation , a nationwide mortgage bank headquartered in Southern California.

Credit cannot grow forever, and the debtors eventually will be unable to pay in real goods. That can be resolved by inflation or deflation. But it will be (and has been) inflation first, because that is politically acceptable in comparison to the massive restructuring needed when new credit becomes unavailable. The government can and will be the "lender of last resort" until the political will is available that will halt the inflationary process.

And that will likely happen, I believe, when the global public finally rejects U.S. government money severely enough that the foreign central banks are forced to halt their competitive devaluations and the Fed here is in turn forced to reign in money supply increases. Then it will be deflation.

http://www.prudentbear.com/archive_comm_ar...ntent_idx=29202

I think that's called Stagflation.

LOOK MORE BULLISH NEWS!!!

Suspected Case of SARS in China Alarms Officials

By KEITH BRADSHER

Published: December 27, 2003

HONG KONG, Saturday, Dec. 27 ? A free-lance television employee has fallen ill 80 miles from here in southern China with what doctors suspect is SARS, health officials here and in mainland China said on Saturday afternoon.

The unidentified man has the clinical symptoms of severe acute respiratory syndrome, including a full-blown respiratory tract infection and fever, said P.Y. Lam, Hong Kong's director of health.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/12/27/health/27SARS.html?hp

Archived