Al Green Gropes J-Lo Bottom

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Off Topic:

I just got zinged $152 penalty on my Car Registration - the problem is that I sent it LONG AGO....California Budget shortage...what a racket...claim you don't receive it then penalize the poor sap....if they do it to 1 out of 10 people....KACHING! Proof of Mailing from now on. :angry:

CA,

They took weeks to get me mine, even though they received it on time, and duitifully cashed my check.

I got pulled over by a cop for having an expired registration because of DMV's incompetence. I swore to him up & down that they'd cashed my check, and while skeptical, the officer did go check his on-board computer. He came back, said, "Yup... you sure did," and invited me to have a nice day.

It finally arrived a couple days later.

pay the $152, its cheaper than your time trying to straigten it out. i went to a UCSD water polo game with my son a couple weeks back. the tickets totaled $8; make that $48 with the parking ticket i got. the lot was poorly lit and poorly marked and i was there less than 90 minutes. i paid the ticket and moved on - i hope they use it subsidize some illegal alien's tuition.

i was on the west side of LA during commuting hours (which really stretch all day). just reinforced the need to get the heck outta here. once day this place is gonna grind to a halt. the big news is car tax increase repeal - lets face it - the money will come from somewhere. the US economy is going nowhere without kali, and kali is going in the wrong direction. now its medical insurance for employees in companies with 20 or more workers.

i hope they thump gold again -

Guest The CoinGuy
Nice to see you back around these parts again Coin Guy.

Tanks Mousey, Saw you on the crapper today, I'm expecting good things with the market.... B) . Howz that leg of yours holding up? After you went into the hospital, I actually went out and bought an ergonomic chair and a new treadmill. I've put many hours in the chair staring at my wall display...Been trying to take care of myself a little better. Health is doing real good here, hoping the same for you as well...

TCG

Good idea regarding the the chair and the treadmill. I suspect the lack of ergonomics at the Rock Quarry contributed to my illness. I am doing alot better. The Hemotologist decided to keep me on the blood thinner, Warfarin (also know as rat poison) for an extra six months which will take me to March. The leg is still not perfect but, much better. Outside of that I'm in great shape. Tanks for asking.

Regarding the Mouse o' Meter, I've been reluctant to pull it out too often as this year has been disappointing everytime I go short but, K-Wave asked for it and if K-Wave thinks it's a good idea to bring it out, I figured, might as well let a log roll. :lol:

B4, I saw Snowjob too and I thought he looked like a cross between Bull Curry, Johnny Valentine, & Georgeous George..Would you but aluminum siding from this creep..Only 3 years late in blaming the economy on Clinton..these guys don't have a clue..Lee Atwater must be spinning in the grave...

Coin Guy- Ditto -welcome back -Ivanhoe mines goes nazy tomorrow the symbol ( I luv it) is hugo-who the hell is hugo-but she is going to fly-lots of smart money behind this puppy and all those who tried to short sister Company Ivanhoe Energy had a religious experience! Trade safe!

Well said Big wave- you know Shrub has the biggest collection of Dorks in his Cabinet I have ever seen-that guy Evans the commerce secretary talks like he's still in grade 4 with his dad-the earlier post about Shrub arriving with his protection crew in Britain reminded me of Reagan and Clinton arriving years ago in Vancouver with minimal security and actually going out and shaking hands with their Canadian neighbours Shrub is a control freak or a scared freak don't know which-trade Safe!

Calpers pulls from Putnam..that has to hurt..

someone here probably can predict what will happen.

scenario:

1. they move all assets and 'rebalance'

or

2. They sell it all, causing a lot of supply and falling prices, then buy when settled into a new fund that invests causing stocks to rise

(do they have that much money?)

or..

?

someone here probably can predict what will happen.

scenario:

1. they move all assets and 'rebalance'

or

2. They sell it all, causing a lot of supply and falling prices, then buy when settled into a new fund that invests causing stocks to rise

(do they have that much money?)

or..

?

Those monies will be transfered "in kind", ergo, no selling.

Eff Alan Greenmonkey

Eff Ben Burnanke

Eff Fed Chief BroaddAss

Eff Fed Chief Poolshark

Eff KGB Fed Agent Moskow

Eff all you Paper Pushers

Where is Soup???

How about Bearman???

You with me on this???? ?Did you buy any gold today?

Mark,

I added Hecla today...sold my Dec. DJX Puts....Bought 300 Silver Rounds when they pushed Silver back $.20

Good on ya CA!

Gold price action is starting to look like a "whack-a-mole" game.

Even the most untrained eye will soon start noticing that it just won't stay down.

I will sell all of my physical when:

- There's a gold outlet in each mall

- Gold is on the cover of "Modern Maturity" magazine

- Sloan offers a course in "Precious Metal Management"

- I get a tip on the weekly gold price action from my gas station attendant

- Crapvision devotes a whole program to identifying the best gold funds

Then I'm going to turn the whole pile into a righteous piece of property in a small town where I can help to 'shape' the property taxes.

Add this one...when your next door neighbor, who is a nurse, becomes a gold-dealer. :wink2:

Richard Russell on gold over the weekend:

November 15, 2003 -- There are a few times in an investor's life when the opportunity for huge profits lies ahead. Such periods in the stock market occurred in 1932, 1942, 1949, 1974 and 1980-82. People who loaded up with common stocks at those times and held those stocks made fortunes.

I believe another such a time is now. And I'm referring to the current young bull market in gold. Subscribers who have been with me during recent years were urged to buy gold stocks back in 1999. Those who did buy the suggested gold stocks and held those stocks now have substantial profits.

I believe that fortunes will be made in the years ahead by those who are now establishing major positions in gold and gold shares. I've said this a number times before, but I want to repeat it --

These primary moves last longer than anyone believe possible -- and they take the items higher than anyone thinks possible. We're now in a primary bull market in gold.

I believe gold (and very probably silver) will make fortunes for those who now take major positions in the precious metals.

I want to repeat something that a prominent Wall Street millionaire told me half a century ago -- tough words that I never forgot. "Russell, my boy" this gentleman offered, "Do you know why stock brokers never make big money in a bull market?"

I confessed that I didn't know."

He answered, "They don't make big money in a bull market, because they never believe their own bull shit."

In other words, the brokers tell their clients "what a great market this is," but they're just blabbing. If they really believed that it was a great market they'd be loading up on stocks themselves, which if course, they never do.

So this is my position -- I believe gold below and even somewhat above 400 dollars an ounce is dirt cheap. In view of the amount of Fed-generated fiat paper that will have to be churned out in coming years (it will be in the multi-trillions of dollars), gold is the cheapest thing around. The US government, states, cities, corporations and individuals are currently loaded with $32 trillion in debt. On top of that, the US government has additional unfunded liabilities of around $44 trillion, all of which will have to financed.

For these reasons, it's my thesis that gold at $400 an ounce is ridiculously cheap. As a comparison, gold today is less than half the price it was at its 1980 high.

I believe three or four or five years from now we'll look back at today's price of $400 dollar gold and ask ourselves, "Where the devil were we? What were we thinking about? Gold at $400 was cheaper than dirt. What didn't we recognize this back in the year 2003?"

As I see it, this is one of those rare times in an investor's life when he can buy an undervalued asset at a bargain price. This is a time when you can buy real money with fiat paper. At this time you can buy real money, gold, with "junk" fiat paper which is created "out of thin air" by the Federal Reserve.

Big profits have already been made by those who bought gold and gold shares two or three years ago. But that is nothing compared with what I see ahead -- as the bull market in gold moves on. We are now in the accumulation phase of the gold bull market, This is the phase where seasoned, knowledgeable investors build their positions -- even while the public and most neophyte "investors" are either ignorant of what's happening or at a time when the public actually dislikes the very product which could make them a future fortune.

But the secret to all this is the necessity to ACT. Knowledge is wonderful, but in this business, knowledge isn't worth a damn unless you have the courage to "pull the trigger" -- to ACT.

I've listed gold stocks and gold and gold funds until I'm dizzy, until some subscribers have written to tell me that I should "get off gold," that they're tired of hearing about it. So, dear subscribers, it's now up to you. Bull markets are great, knowledge is great -- but there's no substitute for acting. Act, act, act.

-END-

for those who think the nikkie is a leading indicator,its heading down again...72 points,i didnt believe that the nikkie has been very reliable in the past,but something feels different this time....we shall see.

Also notice they jam very hard when Bush is overseas,interesting to see how this trip to London goes.

only down 48 now.

Seems to me this market is on a precipice.

According to recent reports, margins are at record

levels. Now, the Mo Mo Morons of the world are

margined out to press up longs. Any number of

consecutive down days has to hurt these yo-yos

in a bad way. They "invest" assuming that the

market can only go one way.

My questions is this: How much negative pressure

must be applied to force panic liquidation by the

Mo Mo Morons? I'm not skeered to find out. :P

Archived