Holding Over The Weak End

Idiots in this country just don't get it.

We only have a few "industries" left that can't be outsourced outside the US, aside from fast food service, lawn care, and house cleaning. ;)

Complex/general surgery, while not impossible to outsource, certainly is "sticky".....(i.e., reluctance by the consumer, nervousness, uncertainty, stubbornness, etc)

But that won't be the case much longer

Below, about a doc from India who's about to "lay the smack down"

Then there are the Cayman Islands, where he plans to build and run a 2,000-bed general hospital (TJ note: the average US hospital is 160 beds) an hour's plane ride from Miami. Procedures, both elective and necessary, will be priced at least 50% lower than what they cost in the U.S., says Dr. Shetty, who hopes to draw Americans who are uninsured or need surgery their plans don't cover.

By next year, six million Americans are expected to travel to other countries in search of affordable medical care, up from the 750,000 who did so in 2007, according to a report by Deloitte LLP. A handful of U.S. insurance plans now give people the choice to be treated in other countries.

wsj.com

Listening to all the hot air in the Senate debate yesterday and for that matter all the rhetoric until now, I have heard nothing about increasing the supply of Doctors and Hospitals or what focus is being given to prevention. Personally, I have seen the primary hospital system in my city drive out of business two other hospitals that were owned or sponsored by doctors. This hospital system has upgraded the majority of their hospitals attempting to sell the "non-performing (i.e. slow growth)" hospitals to the County - again privatize the profits, socialize the losses.

Below is one of their larger hospital buildings in a complex of buildings at just one of their locations around the city. Guess where the executive offices are?

memorial-hermann-tower.jpg

Also, where the hell is prevention and personal responsibility in ones health care. I went to a lower middle class public school where each morning we started the day outside with knee bends, jumping jacks and a run to the big tree at the corner of the school lot. How do our kids learn about exercise or proper nutrition today when their parents are working second shifts or are too lazy to get outside to play or teach their kids? If a school attempted to implement such a requirement today I wonder how many lawsuits would hit the door on day two.

Where the hell has common sense gone to in this world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could randomly rant and share a lot more but all this sh*t pisses me off to the Nth degree!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Saw this link over at trader talk.

http://www.americanbankingnews.com/2009/11...d-aig-nyse-aig/

"I learned a long time ago to not listen to what people say but watch what they do, and in the case of Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS), their net shorting of Wells Fargo (NYSE:GS), Mastercard (NYSE: MA), PNC (NYSE: PNC) and AIG (NYSE: AIG) reveals they’re not buying into the assertion that we’ve started to enter a period of economic recovery; on the contrary, they’re betting against it."

Thanks, interesting. The author sounds like Reggie Middleton, Golden Sucks is a giant hedge hog backed by J6P. UFB :angry2:

Idiots in this country just don't get it.

We only have a few "industries" left that can't be outsourced outside the US, aside from fast food service, lawn care, and house cleaning. ;)

Complex/general surgery, while not impossible to outsource, certainly is "sticky".....(i.e., reluctance by the consumer, nervousness, uncertainty, stubbornness, etc)

But that won't be the case much longer

Below, about a doc from India who's about to "lay the smack down"

Then there are the Cayman Islands, where he plans to build and run a 2,000-bed general hospital (TJ note: the average US hospital is 160 beds) an hour's plane ride from Miami. Procedures, both elective and necessary, will be priced at least 50% lower than what they cost in the U.S., says Dr. Shetty, who hopes to draw Americans who are uninsured or need surgery their plans don't cover.

By next year, six million Americans are expected to travel to other countries in search of affordable medical care, up from the 750,000 who did so in 2007, according to a report by Deloitte LLP. A handful of U.S. insurance plans now give people the choice to be treated in other countries.

wsj.com

Supply and demand. The medical system in the US is a friggin disgrace. Even Mexico has a better system, even for expat Americans, or anyone who goes to stay there from anywhere.

MORE ON MEXICAN MEDICAL COVERAGE

In last month's Changes, you wrote about a USA Today article that reported how Americans who get an FM3 visa in Mexico can become part of the IMSS — sort of Mexico's social security system — health system. As the article pointed out, for a maximum of about $300 a year — not a month! — Americans who signed up can get treatment with no deductible for everything from tests to surgery to medicines to X-rays to dental and eyeglasses.

If I might add, two of the greatest things about the Mexico IMSS Health Plan is that there is no limit on pre-existing conditions and no age limit. So if you are a 75-year-old U.S. citizen who's never paid a cent into the system, you can still sign up for coverage as soon as you get your FM3 visa. I can't think of any other ‘civilized’ country where you can enter, become a legal resident for about $140, and get full medical coverage for about $250 CN/year.

For example, I tried to get a Canadian residency visa about five years ago, but since I was over 55, it was nearly impossible — even though I had sponsors to run a small boatyard and boat restoration program. After 55, you need to have about $1 million U.S. before they even let you apply. They won't even accept doctors or dentists who don't have the million!

The Mexican health insurance system is actually quite amazing, as it takes only a month or so — and lots of paperwork — to get an FM3 visa. If you apply at a Mexican Consulate in the U.S., it can take about a week. But then you have to get registered at Migración in Mexico within 90 days at the location of your choosing. Keep in mind that the FM3 has to be renewed each year at the same place you originally registered. For a cruiser living in Mexico, or staying there for at least a few months every winter, it's not a big issue.

Lat 38

NQ - First line of defence is on 1773 , and then 1778. Hope they will go down and test 1740.

ES - any move above 1092 and then 1095 and bears are in trouble, hope they will break 1075-1076 and then 1062-1066.

DJIA - do not allow 10340-10344!

DAX - keep them below 5690 -5708

SP500 - first warning sign 1094, then 1097

eurusd - do NOT allow 1,4905

Even Mexico has a better system, even for expat Americans, or anyone who goes to stay there from anywhere.

Lat 38

I thought I heard that they steal your bones and replace them with PVC piping in Mexico...

Oh, wait, my bad......that's in New Jersey....

Biomedical Tissue Services, Ltd. (BTS) was a Fort Lee, New Jersey-based human tissue recovery firm that was shut down by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)[1] on October 8, 2005[2] after its president, Dr. Michael Mastromarino, and two other employees were convicted of illegally harvesting human bones, organs, tissue and other cadaver parts from individuals awaiting cremation, for forging numerous consent forms, and for selling the illegally obtained body parts to medical companies without consent of their families.[3]

The probe was first reported by the New York Daily News in October of 2005, and led to a number of exhumations, including one of a Queens, New York woman who had had many of her bones removed and replaced with PVC piping.

Source

<object width="450" height="370"><param name="movie" value="http://www.liveleak.com/e/d9c_1258865433"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/e/d9c_1258865433" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="370"></embed></object>

Doc, you have lightened up. :D

Latest Story

Where There’s Smoke- Professional Edition

November 22, 2009 By Lee Adler Cycle based stock screening data weakened across the board for the third day in a row on Friday. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

DOc,

in your latest fed report there is a bug. 2year note action start at 23 (NOT 24), 5-YEAR NOTE start at 24 (NOT 25) and 7-YEAR NOTE starts at 25 (NOT 26, by the way, its holiday in usa).

data based on:

http://treasurydirect.gov/RI/OFAnnce

Yeah, the spreadsheet does the math automatically, and I didn't adjust for the holiday. Thanks for pointing it out. It's not a material error. I'll fix it and repost on Monday.

I'm pretty sure WFC is going to 26, but the big number is 22. Break 22 please.

"May 8, 2009 8:57 AM EDT

Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) today announced that it priced a $7.5 billion offering of 341 million shares of its common stock at $22.00 per share. The underwriters will have a 30-day option to purchase up to an additional 51.150 million shares of common stock from the company to cover over-allotments. The closing is expected to occur on or about May 13, 2009.

J.P. Morgan Securities Inc. is acting with Wachovia Securities as joint bookrunning managers for the offering."

While sympathetic to the so called health reform because of lizard brain partisanship, in other words who is against it, as a practical matter it is a ridiculous exercise in rent seeking. Free markets essentially mean rent seeking in the US now. Thus the health insurance industry is free enterprise, it's function is unassailable , besides the point. No sense spending a million posts arguing about it.

American corporations now surpass the world in innovation. Innovation in rent seeking.

While sympathetic to the so called health reform because of lizard brain partisanship, in other words who is against it, as a practical matter it is a ridiculous exercise in rent seeking. Free markets essentially mean rent seeking in the US now. Thus the health insurance industry is free enterprise, it's function is unassailable , besides the point. No sense spending a million posts arguing about it.

American corporations now surpass the world in innovation. Innovation in rent seeking.

We really need a carbon tax. :wacko:

Climate change pushes poor women to prostitution, dangerous work’

link

Archived