Internuts Engulfed by Sellers

anyone see bull & bears on fox this morning. hilarious. same ol crap, bullish! this beast is going down and hard. that ahole they call chartman is the biggest joke of a technician and great fade. they popped a chart of the dow up and he has this u shape/w bottom on it. i almost cried from laughing so hard. dow is dead!!

bullseatshitndie,

Check out the cover of Barron's for another laugh!

The "Big Money" poll of fumble managers, bullish, what else is new?

But the major averages are down for the year, yet the title on the cover is "VICTORY!" with a bull standing over a dazed bear! :huh:

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
anyone see bull & bears on fox this morning.  hilarious.  same ol crap, bullish!  this beast is going down and hard.  that ahole they call chartman is the biggest joke of a technician and great fade.  they popped a chart of the dow up and he has this u shape/w bottom on it.  i almost cried from laughing so hard.  dow is dead!!

bullseatshitndie,

But the major averages are down for the year, yet the title on the cover is "VICTORY!" with a bull standing over a dazed bear! :huh:

On average, Hedge Funds are flat to barely positive on the year right now.

As desparate as they are to catch up, they are surely loaded to the gills with Internets and Semis...all on the same side of the boat...so much for the "hedge."

The term "Hedge Fund" is going to be as toxic as "New Economy" in about a year.

Guest bullseatshitndie
anyone see bull & bears on fox this morning.? hilarious.? same ol crap, bullish!? this beast is going down and hard.? that ahole they call chartman is the biggest joke of a technician and great fade.? they popped a chart of the dow up and he has this u shape/w bottom on it.? i almost cried from laughing so hard.? dow is dead!!

bullseatshitndie,

a great indicator for bears!

i posted this the other night, but added dates on it when Inv Intel. #'s got over 60.

my data begins dec99.

post-7-1098551797.png

Guest bullseatshitndie

weekly spx chart. down arrow indicates when bull #'s at 60 area. it sure does not indicate a bottom. the june03 bull # didn't get a big selloff, but did represent a shorting opportunity. w/ the tech mania this week, i would kill to see a reading at 60 this week in spite of gneral market selloff. this sentiment great news for bears.

if anyone as inv intell data leading up to 87 crash, plesae share. very curious if similar to now.

post-7-1098552141.png

anyone see bull & bears on fox this morning.  hilarious.  same ol crap, bullish!  this beast is going down and hard.  that ahole they call chartman is the biggest joke of a technician and great fade.  they popped a chart of the dow up and he has this u shape/w bottom on it.  i almost cried from laughing so hard.  dow is dead!!

I use to laugh at that stuff, but can't watch it anymore. It really irritates me. The duo that can really excite the rage within is krudlow and creamer. They are the poster childeren for the deranged perma-bull case. They are an abomination, not only to the financial community, but the human race. I will stop here, because the

fury is being rekindled and I could go off on a rampage of epic proportions, torturing the cat, smashing furniture, the television set, and other impulsive acts of rage and stupidity.

The topic that has really been abused, at least in my mind, is Dow Theory. Propoganders have twisted it, claiming that it is signaling the imminent dawn of a new bullish empire. Tim Wood, a commentator forFinancial Sense, is very good at explaining the proper context of Dow Theory. Most Stoolies are familiar with the site and Tim Wood, but if you have not been there just click the link above. Past articles have been archived, so you can read them also.

Believe in the power of the hot steam'n Stool!!!!

Foreign CB Benefactors Take US Off Dole

Consumer Borrowing Breaks Down Too

Fed Releases update is now posted! Once a week Doc fills you in on the all important Fed weekly releases. Doc gives you his briefs on the charts of the Fed's most important money and credit measures. Take a subscribatory and download your Fed Releases RIGHT NOW!

30 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $16.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!

I want to see the market decline as much as any other bear, especially since I am currently short and underwater. But I worry that there is way too much bearish sentiment here. I love the way Wndy calls it "bears beating their chests".

I have been burned too many times trying to make predictions, so I try very hard now to merely follow trends, rather than predicting turning points. So to me, the question is, what evidence is there that the trend has just changed? My primary trading tool is linear regressions. And so far, on QQQ, we have not broken either of the 3 month linear regressions (in green):

post-7-1098567635.gif

Late on Friday, we did (barely) break the 13 day cycle linear regression, so it is clear that this cycle has turned down. But the CMAPs (yellow dots) so far only point to the bottom of the 3 month and 6 month linear regressions, suggesting that it may just be a very short-term correction to the bottom of the channel.

It is true that SPX has been much weaker than the Nasty. But then, this looks to me like a logical place for a bounce. Plus, as Doc has shown, the big up-phase on Thurs co-incided with a big drain, and the big down-phase on Friday with a big FEED. What is to stop Uncle Al from jammin some more?

post-7-1098568027.gif

Archived