Capitalstool- Love It Or Leave It!

DrStool

It's always the case that when you put a a bunch of people together that you get this comparing egos and general school yard behaviour. Ignore things that you don't agree with rather than being confrontational, which merely provides fuel.

People like proving they're right, I think people buy and hold through 90% falls just to prove one day that they were right all along.

Just remember, what you get on here are only words, not stick or stones.

Subscription up for renewal next month, consider it a done deal. :)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to toss in a few more cents FWIW

10% of my profits this year are going to my local Boys Club to send underpriveledged (poor) boys to summer camp. Im doing this on my own, and have noted it a few times in IDS and on my Threads... just didnt want to sound like Im bragging... so to me, I hope to do well, because it will benefit others...

Also... Im riding the primary wave down... Im not trading in and out like I often have done in the 2nd half of 2002.... the primary trend is down... with ocassional hysterical retraces in wave 2's and 4's....

At the end of the day, unless Im very crafty and can slice in and out at bottoms and tops (I've done it before, but its still going to screw you eventually).... Im better off riding the 3rd of a 3rd for many weeks on end. In this case, it is one example where I WILL AGREE that its only a loss if I take it... its on paper.

That said... Im up 20% this year regardless of the 1 1/2 day pop we got that has everyone's panties in a bunch.

Finally... Found it somewhat relieving and maybe amusing that Arch Crawford got his panties all worked up over todays nasty planet alignments.... guess what... turned out somethign did happen in DC of all places...

It was this...

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The biggest storm of the season brought transportation in the metropolitan Washington area to a standstill Sunday, dropping 1 to 2 feet of snow on the U.S. capital and surrounding suburbs.

Maybe that was Saddam sending snow our way? heh heh...

One must laugh at oneself....

I believe I will be laughing most hysterically in a few more weeks as we head towards 15 on the QQQ before this is over... a few days up are a BLIP

Keep your emotions out... or continue to lose

10% of my profits this year are going to my local Boys Club to send underpriveledged (poor) boys to summer camp. Im doing this on my own, and have noted it a few times in IDS and on my Threads... just didnt want to sound like Im bragging... so to me, I hope to do well, because it will benefit others...

Because you are basically annonymous on this message board, please don't consider it bragging. Consider it a fine example. A nice side benefit is that you may be setting the bar higher because you feel you are working for a good cause - less apt to get lazy, more likely to stay focused and all that. I spend all my time on this mb so I had not realized you'd been setting such a fine example.

Jorma:

I often do not "get" the signal he's sending, and like with yesterdays rampola , I go back and re-read the anals, and then realize the signal was there.

I have the same problem. Not just with the Anals. Iit happens with other services I subscribe to. For me, it may be a lack of mental clarity due to fatigue (perhaps I've got to start sleeping more and watch the tape less), information overload (I've got to cut down on what I read and focus more) and dyslexia. PErhaps some internal conflcits as well.

Jorma:

I also noticed Doc gets sorta ignored a bit.

I have a bit of a difficult time with some of Docs' analysis---No offense Doc

I often do not "get" the signal he's sending, and like with yesterdays rampola , I go back and re-read the anals, and then realize the signal was there.

I assume the problem lies with me .But honestly I do not see people posting that a turn or a ramp is imminent based on Docs' work. Perhaps I am not the only one missing Docs' signals.

Doc.------Are you getting any feedback saying your signals are hard to work with or unclear?

I have the same problem. Not just with the Anals--it happens with opther services I subscribe to. For me it may be a lack of mental clarity due to fatigue, information overload (I've got to cut down on what I read and focus more) and dyslexia.

i've had this issue too, and i've been figuring it's that some people's comments & thought flow resonate more than others - it just takes longer and is more difficult to get in synch with some than with others. there's a poster or two here whose every word i nearly hang on in large part because it's so clear to me what they're saying. a couple weeks ago i had this epiphany reading the anals where i was like, "oh, that's what doc is suggesting", and it's been different since. of course, doc hadn't changed a thing - i just got his flow.

off topic? sorry. doc, i love it - the "theater" of the markets.

By definition, leaders set tone, give direction, define limits/keep the agenda on track, establish ethos and the like. Does this sound like a certain Dr. Stool or what?! He is the inspired one and the glue folks: cheerish what he does for all of us; IMHO.

Sometimes I can't believe that this community exists in this era of excess, selfishness, and greed. I stumbled onto the fact that these boards are here, after reading m2m for several months :blink: and it hASS been a revelation. I have traded sporadically for the past 10 years, more so the last 2. I have made good money without leverage, trend is your friend, but I am just now seeing the market(s) for what they are. The education provided here is incredible. The sharing and concern ( ie.somebody needs to go to the gold thread and get charmin off the ledge :lol: was posted on ids a couple of weeks ago , I think Fokker said he'd go) is amazing. Doc, SG, Piles, Mark, Brian4, End, and many others are effectively giving this knowledge and experience away to guys like me who are willing to pay attention. I hope to reciprocate at some time. In the meantime, I kick a little to Doc when I make coin as a result of a fellow stoolie's contribution, more often than not lately. As for the "I told you sos' or beware the "cult of SG", I have nothing but admiration and respect for SG and anybody else willing to risk real money at this and go on the record with his trades. We are all "supposedly" adults and win, lose, or draw; it's still our call.

I love this place..Stoolie's Rule...

BW

I think that all of you are well aware of how I feel about this place - I've shared this numerous times in my part of town.

And it seems that every thought, every feeling I have about this has been illuminated by all of you fellow stoolies who posted before me on this thread.

So I really have nothing additional to say except that I found your opening commentary, Doc, one of the most eloquent and inspiring things I've read, a total mirror to my own feelings. It makes me feel right at home.

Which I am. :)

• 1 year later...

Archived