The Cellist

Stoolwethers For The New Year

Not Finished With Us Yet

Today's Stoolwethers update. Cycle charts and price targets. Know which way the stoolwether's are gonna fly! Another regular feature in your Anals! Take a subscribatory and download 'em RIGHT NOW!

15 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $2.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know I'm going to get fired on for this, but isn't this supposed to be: "The stock market message board Wall Street hates most."

So far all the posts are about the POG.

Don't get me wrong. Gold is good. I like gold. I have friends who like gold.

But couldn't we have a few stock market comments?

I'm sick of Stocks ('cept for gold & energy).....sick of paper.......sick of spin, lies, deceit..... my guess is others may be too. At least metals are real. Sorry, Chi. :)

For benefit of anyone who missed my post on MTM:

Fibs on closing basis with respect to Oct-Dec 02 rally

Jokes:

10462 = 7524 + (1.786 * (8931 - 7286))

Spoos:

1124 = 800 + (2 * (939 - 777))

NDX:

1475 = 952 + (1.618 * (1127 - 804))

Nasty:

2019 = 1271 + (2 * (1488 - 1114))

Sox:

533 = 261 + (1.618 * (382 - 214))

BKX:

978 = 675 + (1.618 * (799 - 611))

Nasty's 23% retrace from all time high to all time low is around 2035

on intraday basis and around 2020 on closing basis

personally, i dont' "follow" anyone. he has not been "nuetral" but biased towards

a decline.

go back to september, listen to his interviews on financial sesne.

he's been off base with his decline timing on more than one occasion in the

past four months, same for tnnfn...

gold, as i suggested has been a layup. my pet monkey could have tossed

darts at both the broads and gold... doing as well as the oracle.

think for yourself, it's healthier imo.

I was only making obvious the fact that he, like so many other technical gurus, did not see how extended this market could become and that he emphasized something he was having more success with. I am glad you used the pet monkey metaphor, as monkeys tend to be nervous and high strung. Judging from the way so many stioolies have jumped out of gold on the slightest fallback only to go back in at higher prices, I would say Ord's steadfastness beat the monkeys, at leas through mid December. :D

Thrumbnail updates and even quotes for the Dow and S&P have been disappearing from most sites, other than the mega sites. The reason is that both Dow Jokes Co., and Standard but Poor, are enforcing a license fee on any site showing their indexes. It's something like $1,500 per month, even for the little guys. So unless you are Yahoo, or a very large site, a lot of sites are dropping them. This includes Barchart.com with whom I have a co-branding relationship, and Kitco, who is great about sharing their stuff. So unfortunately, if you want to know what those averages are doing, you will have to leave the site.

What goes around comes around. Dow Jokes and Standard but Poor, will get theirs, in the end.

I was only making obvious the fact that he, like so many other technical gurus, did not see how extended this market could become and that he emphasized something he was having more success with. I am glad you used the pet monkey metaphor, as monkeys tend to be nervous and high strung. Judging from the way so many stioolies have jumped out of gold on the slightest fallback only to go back in at higher prices, I would say Ord's steadfastness beat the monkeys, at leas through mid December. :D

today looks to be gap n go. will it hold?

auto sales at noon, ism at 10.

Guest yobob1
I know I'm going to get fired on for this, but isn't this supposed to be: "The stock market message board Wall Street hates most."

So far all the posts are about the POG.

Don't get me wrong. Gold is good. I like gold. I have friends who like gold.

But couldn't we have a few stock market comments?

Incoming! :lol:

Today should be another throw away day. People aren't back from Christmas/New Years. These guys are as bad as teachers when it comes to long holidays.

You can like gold all you want but if you don't own it you may end up with fistfuls of toilet paper and no outhouse.

Anybody know what is going on with sugar? It fell off a cliff. Last trade $1.52. Down from somewhere around nine bucks earlier in the year. Looks like a promising long play but I am unfamiliar with fundamentals.

one of the more manipulated markets. simialr to cattle, tough to tell where the

true market price may be. that's one heck opf a cliff jump... a buy maybe.

Archived