Extraordinary Volatility

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, the bullish hubris is deafening.

On top of CokeBoy's appearance on the Rush Limbaugh show, this is from Alan Farley at RM.com from 2 days ago

"Let me say it as undiscreetly as possible. Anyone who thinks this bull market is even close to being over is out of their minds. No need for arguments. Look at the gosh darn ticker tape. It says higher. That's all anyone needs to know. I really worry that the permabears will keep folks from making the big money they can make over the next year, because they're hiding under their matresses waiting for Armageddon. Here a hint: every permabear I know talks his or her position. Translated: no bearishness = no following, no newsletter subs, no hedgie investors"

My comment. Those damn permabears and their 300% CDE one-year gains.

LOL. What an idiot.

I'm shocked and dismayed. The first trading textbook I ever purchased was The Master Swing Trader by an elegant, insightful writer named Alan S. Farley. I can't believe that the drivelous tripe bearing his name on that awful website was actually written by the same man. Shame. Looks pretty Dover Sole on integrity.

I guess he probably stopped trading and makes more moeny selling $995 annual subscriptions. However, his book is probably the 3rd best trading books that I've ever read, and I have read plenty.

The top two are:

[1] Edwin Lefevre, Reminiscences of a Stock Operator

[2] Edwards and McGee, Technical Analysis of Stock Trends

Wndy,

Curry will be on this weekend. I know this for a fact. :wink2:

Great ! About time for a "Ring Stinger" to lubricate tomorrow's bowels. :grin:

btw: How'ya doing T'End ? Glad to see you are still around.

If by that you meen Harry Carry. I ain't soup ya know. :lol:

I am doing my thing and avoiding certain individuals for the betterment of the stool. It seems they are as well. I hope that continues.

Just two comments tonight... let's see 4 or 5 down days in-a-row before we all become wild-eyed bearish. Please.

Friday action is often volatile. Let's see where things are at Monday's close before becoming overly 'bearishly exuberant'.

Success!

gruff

Gruff : Thanks. It doesn't hurt to hear someone reminding me to be objective. This is afterall a fecking big scam by people with more money than me.

Mo-Mo : name change necessary---> No-Mo-Mo-Mo

keep posting, you will inject an element of humor to our thread on the way down that was justly appreciated on the way up.

Success' this week: IBM puts, FCX calls,SPX puts. Sat out XAU, which I consider a failure; just too damn chicken (due to Lance Lewis' rants alluded to by Mark). Just happy looking at bullion this weekend ala Silas Marner.

Just two comments tonight... let's see 4 or 5 down days in-a-row before we all become wild-eyed bearish. Please.

Friday action is often volatile. Let's see where things are at Monday's close before becoming overly 'bearishly exuberant'.

Success!

gruff

Gruff : Thanks. It doesn't hurt to hear someone reminding me to be objective. This is afterall a fecking big scam by people with more money than me.

Yeah but where does he stand on Key reversal days/weeks.

Stoolies do realize that EVERY TOP in this bear has ended with a KEY reversal like we had this week. Right?

Gruff is absolutely correct. The $indu managed to claw its way back above the 200 week ma for a second week, which is not bearish.

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.web?c=$INDU,uu[r,a]wecaynay[pb200]&pref=G

That's not to say I would want to be long the indices at this point. This $NYA chart goes back to the 1987 highs & subsequent crash lows, and suggests that today's reversal off the 200 week ma as well as the touch on the line is very significant. The only thing is, with such a lt view, it could drag on a little longer without impacting the chart's validity one iota:

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.web?c=$nya,uu[r,a]wbllynay[pb200][J20661583,Y]&pref=G

Archived