A Shell Game?

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If XLNX goes back to 31.35 I'm going to go long again. Reasoning thus. The news last night that dropped it was just a reinteration of what was said in July. At that time in July the stock was selling at appr. 25. I try to do intermediate swings and it looks like within a month or two it may go higher. The chips/SOX is intregal to the scam being run that will probably take the markets higher into 2004. I know this isn't a popular thing to say but, it's the truth as I see it. Not what should be but, what It seems to be.

Put more bounce into your life! Activate your Matrtix membership now...Free XLNX toaster with initial one thousand shares..

Per Glad's initial remarks, one of the world's foremost experts on productivity is Northwestern's Robert Gordon. His paper in 2000 exposed the hedonic indexing of computer hardware as the major source of "productivity" at the time. His recent papers display an effort at explaining recent productivity improvements and how they may be overstated. It's egghead stuff, but informative.

http://faculty-web.at.northwestern.edu/eco...searchhome.html

I see FNM FRE dropping

Snowjob must be yapping :lol:

Even better:

"I'm from the Government and I'm here to help." :blink:

======================================

10:03AM White House seeks new regulator for Freddie, Fannie (FRE, FNM) by Matt Andrejczak

WASHINGTON (CBS.MW) -- Stung by an accounting scandal at Freddie Mac (FRE), the Bush administration recommended Wednesday that Congress create a new federal agency to oversee Freddie Mac and its sister mortgage lending giant Fannie Mae (FNM). The policy shift is a bid to establish a formidable regulator for the secondary mortgage market in the United States after Freddie Mac revealed in June it had understated earnings to meet Wall Street's expectations. "We need a strong, world-class regulatory agency to oversee the prudential operations of the GSEs and the safety and soundness of their financial activities consistent with maintaining healthy national markets for housing finance," Treasury Secretary John Snow said in prepared testimony to the House Financial Services Committee.

Put more bounce into your life! Activate your Matrtix membership now...Free XLNX toaster with initial one thousand shares..

If I do what I said I am going to do, I'll have enough toasters to give them away as party favors at the next NYCASS! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Per Glad's initial remarks, one of the world's foremost experts on productivity is Northwestern's Robert Gordon. His paper in 2000 exposed the hedonic indexing of computer hardware as the major source of "productivity" at the time. His recent papers display an effort at explaining recent productivity improvements and how they may be overstated. It's egghead stuff, but informative.

http://faculty-web.at.northwestern.edu/eco...searchhome.html

Kurt Richebacher had a piece on the Daily Reckoning yesterday (probably an excerpt from a recent Richebacher Letter) that debunked the productivity thing in a way that made perfect sense to me. To paraphrase, it's a 3-legged stool of productivity, savings (investment capital), and something I would loosely call "technological progress". In other words, for economic growth to happen, you need to have promising projects to work on (technological progress), investment capital available to deploy (savings), and skilled labor that has been freed up to work on the new endeavor due to surging productivity improvements. What we have now however is a dearth of capital willing to invest in the real sector, and a lull in new and commercially viable technology, as it all got pulled forward into the mania boom of the late 90's. We didn't "pace ourselves". As a result, although productivity may now be surging (debatable in it's own right), there's nothing new and prospectively profitable for the freed-up skilled labor to do. So labor gets laid off, and the real economy contracts. Simple stuff.

Guest Icky Twerp
Kurt Richebacher had a piece on the Daily Reckoning yesterday ... As a result, although productivity may now be surging (debatable in it's own right), there's nothing new and prospectively profitable for the freed-up skilled labor to do. So labor gets laid off, and the real economy contracts. Simple stuff.

That's what I love about Austrian Economics.

Occams Razor.

Archived