Soup's Nightmare

Jesus H. Christmas. Almanacs?!

Makes me want to take out my almanac, stick a bunch of colored tabs to it, and go parading around.

Do you need an almanac to find where to detonate the dirty bomb? Release the spores? Somehow, the terrorists are sophisticated enough to threaten us, but too stupid to execute the final stages of their attack surrepticiously. Are you keeping score of the idiot inconsistencies?

If you were a terrorist looking to hit somewhere in Europe or the Middle East, would you use a freaking almanac to locate the town square or the freaking casbah. Can you imagine an American terrorist in Paris: "Exscusez moi. Ou est Eiffel Tower?"

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are two trains heading in the totally opposite direction just like the mid eighties and there is more on the way. Don?t look at the declining money supply but watch the butt -paper express that is the real liquidity meter.

Toilet paper is deflating right now, that is what I call deflation and no one has notice it and the funny money doesn?t pay much dividends then one would not expect it pay much since it is funny money so every other thing in comparsion has more value.

What's happening today happened 300 years ago in the French economy when John Law, another Scotsman, was allowed to launch the first government-sanctioned bank, which replaced coins with paper money. Commerce boomed. Politicians recognized this correlation between issuing more money and people liking you. They issued more and more money, but it was a false promise. Nothing intrinsically was being added to the economy except promises, which could never be redeemed. Selling by speculators caused the stock market to correct. The correction encouraged the authorities to print more funny money. Ultimately, the continued pumping of liquidity destroyed the economy, the stock market and France's currency.

More recently, the U.S. came off the gold standard in 1971 and the Dow Jones Industrial Average bottomed in 1974. Over the next 25 years, the Dow goes up 20-fold because every period of economic anxiety brought forward an orthodoxy of generous liquidity. Money has to go somewhere. It seeks to perpetuate itself by going into a rising asset class. This time, it is financial assets. Just like the Mississippi stock scheme in 1720 and the South Sea Bubble in London at the same time.

The mechanism is the government-sponsored enterprise sector in America, the Fannie Maes and the Freddie Macs. The U.S. has nationalized the credit-creating process, previously the preserve of the banking sector. Freddie and Fannie can borrow money at almost the risk-free rate. At times of anxiety, they are profit-motivated to expand their balance sheets because government bond yields, the risk-free rate, fall during times of risk aversion. The spread widens between riskier assets like mortgage-backed securities, which Fannie and Freddie buy, and Treasury bonds. The combined balance sheet of Fannie and Freddie is $3 trillion, 30% of the U.S. economy. The annualized growth rate in September and October of their balance sheets was 50%. Now when people talk about M2 or the old monetarism, it hasn't kept pace with the disintermediation, which has gone on in the economy. It doesn't include agency paper. The money supply looks as if it's waning. It's not. There's enormous dollar creation. You can control the domestic price of money. Short-term interest rates have not gone up in America because of this economic Frankenstein. But you can't control the external price: The dollar is weakening versus everything, even versus the ruble.

>>>>>>>>>>>>Link<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

post-13-1072732687.gif

post-13-1072734005.gif

The DJTA has almost exactly retraced its rally from the Sep. '01 low to the "March madness" 2002 high:

chart.asp?symb=djta&compidx=aaaaa:0&ma=0&maval=9&uf=0&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=2&size=2&state=8&sid=1644&style=320&time=10&freq=2&nosettings=1&rand=1088&mocktick=1&rand=1065.gif

The DJIA has a similar chart, but slightly downsloped.

Will the "Naz 2K" hype have the same disastrous effect as the "Naz 5K" hype did on 10 Mar 2000? That day was the one and only close above the 5,000 round number.

machine: Thanks, I am taking it all out of the freaking system . Gold coins and cash. Let them come and get me, wtf do I care?

Best play in town is dump the toilet paper and buy more gold. They can?t produce gold from thin air but only the funny money. There is also no point in putting it in a bank for no return.

Forget about buying puts; exchange it for gold or silver.

Isnt that exactly that what Hannah Arendt defined as Totalitarism? At least it isnt far away from it.

Yep. Pretty soon all new born child will be implanted with a RFID chip for identification purpose. Of course, the local news will tout it as a rapid way to access medical information in case of an accident, and a security measure to prevent illegal aliens from carrying out terriorist acts.

Pan American Silver (PAAS) up 12% today!!!!!

Yeah! PAAS was the star performer today, but all silvers are going.

It was a nice breakaway gap on the metal as your chart illustrates.

HL closed above the swing high but volume was a bit short.

You want volume of 3,3 million shares tomorrow or Friday.

post-7-1072735740_thumb.jpg

I am becoming more and more convinced that the second one year cycle launched in November. The first one year cycle, launched October '02, stretched itself to 13 months, Fibonacci #, to November '03. The fact it did not even give us a down-phase of anything to write home about makes me highly suspect that an 8-year cycle is helping power the 4-year cycle.

Don't worry about it though. The same thing happened in '29-30, the first reaction rally to the initial crash. I am of the opinion that the '29-30 launch was also a launch of a 4-year cycle and an 8-year cycle up-phase. The same phenomena of then is an 11-13 year cycle and 30-34 year cycle were still powering down, then and now again today. With today's creative derivative world it is merely taking a little longer to do its nasty deed.

Suck 'em in and spit 'em out. I said quite a few months ago that this rally was going to suck out every copper cash before it dies, and it is doing just that.

:unsure: :o :mellow: ;) :rolleyes: :blink: :cry: :unsure: :blink: :shocked

machine: Thanks, I am taking it all out of the freaking system . Gold coins and cash. Let them come and get me, wtf do I care?

Maybe buy some bags of junk silver too, the coins of rome lasted longer than the empire did.

When you take your money out, make sure you have an accomplice with a camcorder that can whip it out at a moments notice. If they don't have the 40 grand, you could yell real loud "WHAT!!!! YOU DON'T HAVE MY MONEY??? SO ITS TRUE, YOU DON'T REALLY HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO COVER DEPOSITS!!!!"

Maybe that might be a bit more antagonistic than required though.

If you can, make sure some of your hard earned money is elsewhere. I recall reading in "the great reckoning" that debtor nations invariably slap capital controls on money, so that might be something to think about.

If the market is pissing you off and making you stressed, maybe it is best not to play the market, after all, maybe that time is best spent living life as fully as possible and not worrying about what the matrix is doing. Certainly getting your resources to safety has to lead to a certain degree of peace of mind.

As far as jamming goes, over the past bit it sure looks like like they jam the market when the bond market is closed, but there have been exceptions, like the monday after Saddam was captured.

post-7-1072736034.gif

Archived